Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:01:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: signing a message in blockchain.info  (Read 344 times)
Tyrantt (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:14:55 AM

This may sound dumb but I'm having trouble signing a message with the updated blockchain.info wallet.

My current address is 1DT2ttQ7kxBiPZngRyXcwodKjZ8Q6oxCgG and it's not shown in settings > addresses and then on the bottom in archived addresses. I've found it in addresses > the chosen default one > manage and then on the bottom "used addresses" but there's no option to sign a message.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:31:32 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 10:56:32 AM by bL4nkcode

As far I as know you can only be signed message on blockchain.info with your imported address. But as I tried to access my blockchain.info account and tried to find the signing message but it seems that they removed this feature now. But the verifying message is still there, dunno if what's the reason why they removed it without notifying their users.

EDIT: Okay I found it! Blockchain.info hide this feature. This might be complicated but working.
Must use a desktop/PC, Go to Settings > Addresses > Scroll Down > Choose the address you want to signed message, Click the "More Options" then Right click the "Spend" then click "Inspect Element"

You will see like this
Code:
<li>...</li>
<li>...</li>
<li>...</li>
<li>...</li>

Then click the 4th one, and you will see like this
Code:
<li><a translate="SIGN_MESSAGE" ng-hide="address.isWatchOnly" ng-click="signMessage()" class="ng-hide">Sign Message</a></li>
Then double click this "ng-hide" on the class and delete it, now click anywhere on the console and the "Sign Message" button will now appear on the dropdown. And you can try to signed message by clicking the button if it will work.
Tyrantt (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:37:17 AM

As you can see, it's on the bottom but there's no option to do anything besides editing a label.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Tyrantt (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:21:05 AM

As far I as know you can only be signed message on blockchain.info with your imported address. But as I tried to access my blockchain.info account and tried to find the signing message but it seems that they removed this feature now. But the verifying message is still there, dunno if what's the reason why they removed it without notifying their users.

EDIT: Okay I found it! Blockchain.info hide this feature. This might be complicated but working.
Must use a desktop/PC, Go to Settings > Addresses > Scroll Down > Choose the address you want to signed message, Click the "More Options" then Right click the "Spend" then click "Inspect Element"

You will see like this
Code:
<li>...</li>
<li>...</li>
<li>...</li>
<li>...</li>

Code:
<li><a translate="SIGN_MESSAGE" ng-hide="address.isWatchOnly" ng-click="signMessage()" class="ng-hide">Sign Message</a></li>
Then double click this "ng-hide" on the class and delete it, now click anywhere on the console and the "Sign Message" button will now appear on the dropdown. And you can try to signed message by clicking the button if it will work.

yeah, nice job. Would never think of going there. Tho, I can't click or rather it won't accept to sign the message when I press "sign". (screenshot below)

bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:20:45 PM

You will see like this
Code:
<li>...</li>
<li>...</li>
<li>...</li>
<li>...</li>

Code:

yeah, nice job. Would never think of going there. Tho, I can't click or rather it won't accept to sign the message when I press "sign". (screenshot below)

Ah okay it couldn't be helped, on that reason blockchain disabled this function on their backend already, you should use an alternatives for this if you want to make a signed message of your owned address. Electrum or mycelium will work for sure.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:43:33 PM

Ok than only option you have is to import your whole blockchain.info wallet into electrum and sign message there.

https://bitcoinelectrum.com/restoring-your-standard-wallet-from-seed/  (guide of importing your blockchain.info backup seed in electrum with screenshots)
Don't forget to click the options button and tick the BIP39 Seed box.

You will find sign/verify message option on each of your addresses listed in that wallet. Good luck...
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:10:31 PM

Ok than only option you have is to import your whole blockchain.info wallet into electrum and sign message there.

https://bitcoinelectrum.com/restoring-your-standard-wallet-from-seed/  (guide of importing your blockchain.info backup seed in electrum with screenshots)
Don't forget to click the options button and tick the BIP39 Seed box.

You will find sign/verify message option on each of your addresses listed in that wallet. Good luck...
Considering OP just wants to sign a message, instead of  import exporting his current blockchain.info wallet to another wallet provider and I noticed you are able to sign from the 1DT2xxxxxxxxxx wallet just use the private key instead to make things much easier.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: