Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:00:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9 Power Supply unit  (Read 346 times)
BertTOC (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:32:02 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 08:00:12 PM by BertTOC

Hello Everyone,

New to mining(starting), from Toronto. So my friend and I bought 5 S9's and we thought we could just find PSU's here and didnt order Bitmain APS3W++ PSU's. I read through alot from this forum, and found where another User name Philima was recommending EVGA G2 1600W X1's however, its almost impossible to find them if i Find they are ridiculous price ($900each) Huh. So I was looking for any recommendations for PSU that can power s9's... I have 110v with 3-20amp brickers available only no 220v yet... our batch was for November, S9 13.5 TH ones

What do you recommend, or suggest?

Thanks in Advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devonlambert

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:51:16 PM

You could try to track down 2 of those 1000w Power  supplies from HP (they typically come with breakout boards for miners). I would check amazon or eBay. You could also try running with one of Bitmains PSUs but they will be expensive in the aftermarket and won’t be nearly as efficient on 110v. However, the real issue is that you really should be investing in a 220v line. The efficiency of these PSUs/miners are significantly better at that voltage and seeing as how you’ve already investing for the miners, it would be worth looking into.

Here’s an example of the hp setup on amazon (currently sold out):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019M4AOPA/?tag=blockoperatio-20

Keep tabs on the power supplies offered by these folks:
http://www.centrix-intl.com/
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:29:21 PM

Server style power supplies with breakout boards can also be found at parallelminer.com. They’re a reputable seller but there have been some issues with order fulfillment recently, not sure if that’s been fixed or not. Most if not all of the PSUs are still in stock and at reasonable prices, though if you scavenge around for individual parts yourself you might save a few bucks.
BertTOC (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:50:58 PM

You could try to track down 2 of those 1000w Power  supplies from HP (they typically come with breakout boards for miners). I would check amazon or eBay. You could also try running with one of Bitmains PSUs but they will be expensive in the aftermarket and won’t be nearly as efficient on 110v. However, the real issue is that you really should be investing in a 220v line. The efficiency of these PSUs/miners are significantly better at that voltage and seeing as how you’ve already investing for the miners, it would be worth looking into.

Here’s an example of the hp setup on amazon (currently sold out):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019M4AOPA/?tag=blockoperatio-20

Keep tabs on the power supplies offered by these folks:
http://www.centrix-intl.com/

Thank you will look in to those server power as well. What about EVGA, 1300w or 1000W PSU's? for 220v we are planning to do that in future as we down own the house to do Electrical work.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:01:06 PM

You really need 220 to run these miners. You will be paying out the ass trying to find a 110v PSU with enough juice to run them.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
BertTOC (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:18:00 PM

Server style power supplies with breakout boards can also be found at parallelminer.com. They’re a reputable seller but there have been some issues with order fulfillment recently, not sure if that’s been fixed or not. Most if not all of the PSUs are still in stock and at reasonable prices, though if you scavenge around for individual parts yourself you might save a few bucks.

Awesome Thank you i will check them out. When you buy 2 PSU like 1000 W how do you connect them to power the S9?
BertTOC (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:31:26 PM

Awesome Thank you i will check them out. When you buy 2 PSU like 1000 W how do you connect them to power the S9?

Also Found Some EVGA 1600W PLatinum one, weird its cheaper than GOLD ones... do you know why?
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:19:40 PM

Also Found Some EVGA 1600W PLatinum one, weird its cheaper than GOLD ones... do you know why?
Probably just supply and demand. Platinum is generally more efficient than gold by a small bit so I'd go for it if you want a PSU like that.

To connect server style PSUs to an S9 make sure you have a breakout board connected to the contacts of the PSU and wires connected to the board with 6-pin female plugs on the other end. After that either jump the breakout board with an included jumper or just plug it in/press the power button (and also plug in the 6 pin connectors!) and you should be ready to mine. Some boards have different power-on mechanisms but they are easy to turn on.
BertTOC (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:22:38 AM

Probably just supply and demand. Platinum is generally more efficient than gold by a small bit so I'd go for it if you want a PSU like that.

To connect server style PSUs to an S9 make sure you have a breakout board connected to the contacts of the PSU and wires connected to the board with 6-pin female plugs on the other end. After that either jump the breakout board with an included jumper or just plug it in/press the power button (and also plug in the 6 pin connectors!) and you should be ready to mine. Some boards have different power-on mechanisms but they are easy to turn on.

Okay perfect i will try to find those. thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: