Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:42:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the trust system and blackmail...  (Read 1308 times)
elasticband (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:31:38 AM

So i have a negative trust rating, i think it can be seen by all? I really don't like being Labeled "warning, trade with extreme caution"

the buyer basically claimed i shorted him on a escrow deal.... he then backed out of his claim and paid me anyway, by this point he has already left me bad trust... so i also did the same.

Now that that member has gained more trust on the forums....... i now show "warning, trade with extreme caution"

So how do i get rid of this "red" trust??

I have had 2  offers from the buyer saying if i remove my bad trust rating he will then do the same for me, should i give in???

It really sucks when the elite and trusted members can throw their weight around to bend and edit the truth

Just my 2 bitcent on the matter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeannie

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:33:40 AM

Try reaching out to the mods and ask for help?  That's the only way I guess.

elasticband (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:34:58 AM

i tried to talk to an admin and i got told i was red because the buyer left negative feedback, the buyer was trusted by x and the admin trusts x

nothing else
jeannie

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:35:53 AM

I am afraid nothing you can do Sad, maybe just register a new account and start afresh

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:29:32 AM

So how do i get rid of this "red" trust??

I have had 2  offers from the buyer saying if i remove my bad trust rating he will then do the same for me, should i give in???
Well, you were eventually paid, so I don't see why you shouldn't give in. Everything turned out fine, so it might have just been a communication issue or other misunderstanding. However, if someone never made things right, I, personally, then would not remove the negative feedback.

Maybe an improvement would be when someone gets negative feedback, if they do not get any other negative feedback for a certain period of time (say 6 months), then that feedback no longer counts towards their trust rating. If they get a second negative feedback in that time, both permanently count towards their trust score.

This does not mean that people can scam once every 6 months and not affect their trust score, as obvious scams usually get negative feedback from multiple trusted members at once.
This is the case.

Also, in cases where there is clear blackmail or if you otherwise dispute someone's feedback, you can PM everyone that trusts the blackmailing user and ask them to stop trusting them.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:31:13 PM

Why does phantastisch have Menig (a user who just registere in May of this year) in his Trust list? 

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:36:09 PM

I think Theymos needs reign in his Trust depth to 1.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:50:32 PM

Why does phantastisch have Menig (a user who just registere in May of this year) in his Trust list? 
I guess he knows him before his registration?

(no other rational reason comes to my mind)

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
elasticband (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:20:09 PM

Well, you were eventually paid, so I don't see why you shouldn't give in. Everything turned out fine, so it might have just been a communication issue or other misunderstanding. However, if someone never made things right, I, personally, then would not remove the negative feedback.

I was eventually paid yes, but that still does not make it ok for the buyer to make a claim that i sent 34 units

the way I see it if i was a buyer and I only received 34 when i paid for 35 I would not be paying for that unit and I would go along with an investigation conducted by the escrow holding in an attempt to get what i paid for...... the whole thing stank to me!

I am probably going to delete my feedback just so he deletes his and then all this can be done with as the admin really did not care.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:30:46 PM

I guess he knows him before his registration?

(no other rational reason comes to my mind)

I think that's correct, both are german i guess.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:55:00 PM

The admin doesn't seem to remove any feedback, including those from someone who was sending phishing links to people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: