Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:57:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Presearch (PRE) - Decentralized Search Engine  (Read 31712 times)
Syndrome

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 08:28:31 PM

The project has many competitors ranging from Google to projects on the blockchain. I would like to know how good your algorithm is? And most importantly, what is your project monetization plan after 10k daily visits?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presearch (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 11:13:23 PM

The project has many competitors ranging from Google to projects on the blockchain. I would like to know how good your algorithm is? And most importantly, what is your project monetization plan after 10k daily visits?

Hi Syndrome!

You can try it yourself at https://engine.presearch.org. No sign-up required.

In particular, if you try a query for a crypto like Bitcoin or BTC, you'll see an example of our community packages.

If you do a currency conversion query like '10 USD to CAD', you'll see a member-submitted package.

Details on creating community packages are available here:

https://github.com/PresearchOfficial/presearch-packages

We have a proprietary ad platform that we're launching at the end of the month.

We've developed a token sponsorship model that enables sponsors to provide a fraction of a token to a searcher who views their ad.

Here's a sneak peak at a new video that we're releasing soon: https://vimeo.com/natelacroix/review/312878844/d19b345e43

We already have more than 250k daily active users and almost 900k registered users.
GreatBug

Activity: 629
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 06:58:57 PM

I have been using Presearch for several days and I collect coins for searching in your browser. I would like to know if there is any time or quantity limit that I need to achieve in order to be able to withdraw collected PRE?
presearch (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 04:45:24 PM

I have been using Presearch for several days and I collect coins for searching in your browser. I would like to know if there is any time or quantity limit that I need to achieve in order to be able to withdraw collected PRE?

Hi GreatBug!

Thanks for trying it out. Smiley

Yes, we have a fairly high withdrawal threshold right now of 1,000 PRE to protect the project from abuse.

We implemented a new level-based system last month that algorithmically identifies patterns of abuse and assigns a level to each member. This level is then multiplied against the number of tokens you've collected to determine the number that are eligible for withdrawal.

The system isn't perfect, but it's been a good first effort to improve communication with members and provide us with a scalable means for protecting the project without resorting to KYC-like intrusions into privacy.

We will have 1m members before the end of the month, and hundreds of people have successfully withdrawn their tokens.

We did have some communication challenges early on, but have made significant progress in the past two months in particular.

You can read more here:

https://medium.com/@presearch/https-medium-com-presearch-new-feature-rewards-verification-system-af39d7ed648e

Please let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,

Colin
CryptoTokenAnalyst

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 01:05:09 AM

I'm wondering how you can review an account about the respect of the policy if you are not suppose to collect any search data or activity data about members?

If privacy is your main concern, what data are you collecting to analyse?

How can you determine that at the withdrawal moment a report with no data??
CryptoTokenAnalyst

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 01:16:02 AM

I'm wondering how you can review an account about the respect of the policy if you are not suppose to collect any search data or activity data about members?

I had the perfect answer about this question on Telegram from an admin:  "The review is based on search pattern and not what you search."

So I still believe in their privacy! Gonna HODL!!
igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2019, 07:27:23 AM

Presearch review: decentralized search engine with crypto rewards:

https://www.publish0x.com/earning-crypto/presearch-review-decentralized-search-engine-with-crypto-rewards-xlewz

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
huhhuh18

Activity: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 07:38:51 PM

Personally i see this people as doing some bullshit thing to me. I got my account demoted and I'm angry for one of the reasons they stated. All their reasons made sense but one doesn't to me: which is using the platform for the purpose of earning tokens

So what do they think?...like I'm using it for fun or what?? what at all do they do best?? nothing... it's not a search engine, it's not anything... just some portal that you use to visit a search engine lol....it's like saying you want to go to Google but will pass through presearch first....that's all they do and nothing more.

Anyways I'm a student and i only use the platform when I wanna do assignments and yes..i write down all my searches and so I'm nit using it for the beauty of it...other than that the platform is bullshit to me

if you want better user behavior, why don't you space out time of rewards??... please do something better heheee coz there's nothing unique about presearch...it's just a way used to reach a search engine...nothing more lol

Learn from how Pivot allocate rewards and checks spam..that's what we call user behavior control...and i repeat, no one is using this bullshit site for the beauty of it

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
presearch (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:28:35 AM

I had the perfect answer about this question on Telegram from an admin:  "The review is based on search pattern and not what you search."

So I still believe in their privacy! Gonna HODL!!

Thanks for your support, CryptoTokenAnalyst.

We do not store or view search terms.

It is really based on your patterns, and requires a fair bit of time to identify abuse.

That is why the token withdrawal threshold (1,000 eligible tokens) is on the high side.

Time provides data to make a real-time determination of how similar your behavior is to behavior it has been trained by a human (often myself and others like Lindsay, Jeff and Thomas on our team) to identify as skewing toward 'mining' tokens or using bots.

It communicates with the Member by providing them with a 'level' that scales from 0 to 10, with 10 being the least likely to be trying to collect tokens by skewing their search intent (ex. searching more than needed for things that you aren't truly looking for information on - for example: 'aaabbbccc' or 'random word').

One of the biggest challenges with incentivized search is that if you lose true search intent, the quality of the query decreases significantly. Poor quality equals a lower signal to noise ratio, making the overall stream of queries less valuable to those who may want to target their sponsorships to the keyword being searched, which significantly improves ROI while providing searchers with a more relevant, less distracting message (which they are compensated with PRE tokens to be exposed to).

This is the real underlying magic to Google's Adwords system, which is the most successful business model in history from an ROI standpoint (for both Google and marketers).

Part of Presearch's underlying magic is the token reward system, and the fact that the action and reward are so directly related. Hit search, receive a reward visualized as a token.

To protect the magic of both models is critical to the success of the project's token economics. It is possible to run alternative monetization models, but the token is the value storage unit that aligns both Members and Sponsors. To do it similar to BAT and others are doing it does break the direct alignment, whereby a token really isn't the actual value storage unit and is an abstracted layer primarily designed for market trading and project funding.

Nothing wrong with that, but just a different level than the Presearch approach.

So, all that being said, protecting the project from abuse is extremely important. It is also extremely complex. We think we have developed a pretty solid approach, but it is one that is in the early days and will certainly evolve.

We must continue to improve our communication with Members, provide value to Sponsors, and also improve our transparency with regard to this process and others.

We are moving in that direction as we put our initial efforts out into the public for trial and feedback.

We appreciate you and others taking the time to help us learn and improve. Please keep the feedback, good or bad, coming.

Thanks for your interest in Presearch!

Colin
presearch (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:30:26 AM

This is a great write-up! Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Please feel free to share it to https://t.me/presearch

Thank you for your interest in Presearch!

Colin

presearch (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:37:22 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2019, 02:50:03 PM by presearch

Personally i see this people as doing some bullshit thing to me. I got my account demoted and I'm angry for one of the reasons they stated. All their reasons made sense but one doesn't to me: which is using the platform for the purpose of earning tokens

So what do they think?...like I'm using it for fun or what?? what at all do they do best?? nothing... it's not a search engine, it's not anything... just some portal that you use to visit a search engine lol....it's like saying you want to go to Google but will pass through presearch first....that's all they do and nothing more.

Anyways I'm a student and i only use the platform when I wanna do assignments and yes..i write down all my searches and so I'm nit using it for the beauty of it...other than that the platform is bullshit to me

if you want better user behavior, why don't you space out time of rewards??... please do something better heheee coz there's nothing unique about presearch...it's just a way used to reach a search engine...nothing more lol

Learn from how Pivot allocate rewards and checks spam..that's what we call user behavior control...and i repeat, no one is using this bullshit site for the beauty of it

Sorry for the poor experience, huhhuh18!

We are working to improve Presearch all the time, and feedback is what's driving our evolution. Appreciate you taking the time to vent and challenge us.

I've just made a post two messages above that will hopefully shed some light on things.

Regarding Presearch not being a real search engine, if you go into 'Customize' (https://www.presearch.org/account/homepage-providers), look for 'Presearch Engine' and add it to your providers. You can drag it to the left to make it your default engine.

Aside from that, the core Presearch.org model is a reward and incentivization layer and redirect engine that provides users with a federated query field they can use to type their searches and send them into the resource of their choice.

Many Members do actually appreciate this ability and use it to search not just public resources, but private resources such as company intranets, CRMs, point of sale systems, etc.

You can use our engine directly via https://engine.presearch.org if you'd prefer to just have a totally private search engine with no login. It's so basic, it doesn't even have terms or other info. It's basically a totally dumb terminal (no analytics, anything) that provides non-personalized search results.

It literally does not track a single thing and there are no ads at this time.
Akim2710

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:26:35 AM

Preasearch browser is good there are no obstacles in accessing content in contrast to chrome or others,
huhhuh18

Activity: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 07:24:43 PM

We are working to improve Presearch all the time, and feedback is what's driving our evolution. Appreciate you taking the time to vent and challenge us.

I've just made a post two messages above that will hopefully shed some light on things.

Regarding Presearch not being a real search engine, if you go into 'Customize' (https://www.presearch.org/account/homepage-providers), look for 'Presearch Engine' and add it to your providers. You can drag it to the left to make it your default engine.

Aside from that, the core Presearch.org model is a reward and incentivization layer and redirect engine that provides users with a federated query field they can use to type their searches and send them into the resource of their choice.

Many Members do actually appreciate this ability and use it to search not just public resources, but private resources such as company intranets, CRMs, point of sale systems, etc.

You can use our engine directly via https://engine.presearch.org if you'd prefer to just have a totally private search engine with no login. It's so basic, it doesn't even have terms or other info. It's basically a totally dumb terminal (no analytics, anything) that provides non-personalized search results.

Thanks for the clarification and I'm sorry I was a bit harsh with my language earlier. I was furry because the system hasn't been fully upgrade to help promote good search behaviours. You know, we all have our search patterns so you should consider that as well. Anyways pertaining to your search engine, I think you should provide a feature that permits us to login so that we don't just use it in vain. By the way, good job done on your desktop extensions. It's awesome.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
presearch (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 11:33:00 PM

Thanks for the clarification and I'm sorry I was a bit harsh with my language earlier. I was furry because the system hasn't been fully upgrade to help promote good search behaviours. You know, we all have our search patterns so you should consider that as well. Anyways pertaining to your search engine, I think you should provide a feature that permits us to login so that we don't just use it in vain. By the way, good job done on your desktop extensions. It's awesome.

Thanks for the additional feedback and for your support. We'll do our best to keep improving the platform.
presearch (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 11:48:21 PM

Hey everyone,

Presearch was featured in TechCrunch this weekend!

Thought I'd share:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/27/how-a-blockchain-startup-with-1m-users-is-working-to-break-your-google-habit/

And maybe coincidentally, Google missed its earnings forecast today...  Wink

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/29/alphabet-misses-on-q1-revenues-of-36-3b-eps-of-9-50-weighed-down-by-the-1-7b-european-fine/
presearch (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 02:58:58 PM

Hey everyone!

Presearch was covered on ZDNet this week!

Love this line:

"If you would like to break Google's stranglehold on your search habits, you might want to have a look at a blockchain-based startup that aims to reward you for searching the web. "

https://www.zdnet.com/article/presearch-extension-enables-private-searching-across-on-chrome-firefox-and-brave-browsers/
presearch (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 03:32:42 PM

Hey everyone!

"Presearch is closing the loop on its token economy, and ensuring the future viability of the project for many years to come."

More info is available on our blog:

https://medium.com/@presearch/newpresearchads-2a53b491d49

As always, we'd love to hear your feedback and what you think!

Thanks for your support!

Colin
CryptTech
Copper Member

Activity: 328
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 02:06:39 PM

You got any good news about Presearch?

AllCrypt.Tech - News Cryptocurrency | ✅ BattleHashes.Com - Multiplayer gambling on blockchain | Discussion Thread BH: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5188527.0
GrosWesh
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1440

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:28:01 PM

You got any good news about Presearch?

yep ! Pre is cheap these days  Roll Eyes Grin...
Warfare

Activity: 1070
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 12:36:17 AM

I'm finally getting closer to the withdrawal minimum. Only 110 PRE tokens left till then.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀