Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:35:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does dollar value affect bitcoin value?  (Read 984 times)
david_019

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:51:47 AM

I think no!
Since bitcoin is not control by the government. So its quiet impossible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:04:57 PM

The dollar has no effect on the value of bitcoin, since you can exchange bitcoin to any fiats. This is a miscinception that the dollar affects the price of bitcoin, we only use dollar as the basis, in order to check how much bitcoin's value move, since it is already used in foreign exchanges, we can also use it as basis for the value only.
krampus854

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:04:42 PM

Im just wondering. Bitcoin is so expensive. What if dollar value get low will it affect bitcoin value?
there is no relationship bitcoin and the US Dollars when it comes in the value but if we cashout our money for sure we will used dollar to use it right but in value either the bitcoin is high the dollar will not be affected that the difference.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:47:25 PM

Im just wondering. Bitcoin is so expensive. What if dollar value get low will it affect bitcoin value?

To measure the worth of bitcoin we use USD as a reference because it is the world currency. But that doesn't mean that bitcoin is dependent on USD, we can also take any other paper currency for reference of bitcoin price. However there are some factors which can confuse us in currencies price relation, but to make it simple to understand remember that there isn't any direct impact of physical currencies over cryptos because cryptos are not controlled by any of a central authority.
Jastyn

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:51:51 PM

The dollar and bitcoin have nothing to do with each other...But I think that there is a common bond and in whose interest was created bitcoin...just do not want to go into politics Undecided Undecided Undecided
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:23:17 AM

Bitcoin and dollar is different from each other. Bitcoin is a digital currency, while dollar is a physical money which is regulated by banks... i think both dont affect one other since they are both different.
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:24:12 AM

There’s maybe but on minimal percentage only.. Most might not agree with me but dollar investors will not hesitate to invest all money in bitcoin before the fiat currency there holding will fall.. So that will certainly affect the value of bitcoin and it will increases everytime dollars decreases.. I will assume this having the same pattern of how law of demand and supply work..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:08:48 AM

I dont thinks so, dollar getting stronger because of the growth of the country and the good economy of one country while in bitcoin is independent no one controlling this currency, the value continuous increasing because of continuous adoption by many people that is why demand also increasing and it will reflect on its value.

I think there is no reason to compare this two different currency.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:48:42 AM

Bitcoin and dollar is different from each other. Bitcoin is a digital currency, while dollar is a physical money which is regulated by banks... i think both dont affect one other since they are both different.

Absolutely, they are different on each especially there function and definitely there equivalent value. Bitcoin is a digital money that only lives in cyberworld while dollar is fiats money as what we know. As the question ask, if they will affects on each other?, well my answer is not they can't affect on each other since the bitcoin is decentralized was occured which no one will enter even the government has no authority. Soon in the future, as time passes by bitcoin will used as paying transaction that makes easy to each and everyone of us.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:36:24 PM

The dollar has no effect on the value of bitcoin, since you can exchange bitcoin to any fiats. This is a miscinception that the dollar affects the price of bitcoin, we only use dollar as the basis, in order to check how much bitcoin's value move, since it is already used in foreign exchanges, we can also use it as basis for the value only.
Mate as you said that dollar is used as a base to find the value of bitcoin. So, if the base gets disturbed it will surely effect the rest of the structure. According to my understanding US dollar is used for the purpose against the bitcoin value because it is internationally recognized currency for trading. The huge trading between a country and rest of the world rely on dollar where the price of dollar is effective to that trade. Same is the case here with bitcoin if dollar price goes down bitcoin price will be valuaed more in dollars and that's it.
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:40:39 PM

Mate as you said that dollar is used as a base to find the value of bitcoin. So, if the base gets disturbed it will surely effect the rest of the structure. According to my understanding US dollar is used for the purpose against the bitcoin value because it is internationally recognized currency for trading. The huge trading between a country and rest of the world rely on dollar where the price of dollar is effective to that trade. Same is the case here with bitcoin if dollar price goes down bitcoin price will be valuaed more in dollars and that's it.
I completely agree with you that the Bitcoin dollars for the whole time of the existence of crypto currency in communication are interrelated. Even with fluctuations for the dollar and with today's damage to the growth of Bitcoin on each other, they practically do not affect.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:01:01 PM

I think the dollar does affect bitcoin value but certainly not in a direct way. IMO this could happen based on demand of bitcoin being present and if for example an economy  is underperforming and say there is inflation it means people will be paid more money(more dollars) and if they decide to invest their money in bitcoin it means they have access to more bitcoins which in return pushes the value higher.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:47:49 PM

I think the dollar does affect bitcoin value but certainly not in a direct way. IMO this could happen based on demand of bitcoin being present and if for example an economy  is underperforming and say there is inflation it means people will be paid more money(more dollars) and if they decide to invest their money in bitcoin it means they have access to more bitcoins which in return pushes the value higher.
Dollar value has a major effect upon bitcoin's value. This is all because of the dependence that bitcoin as well other digital currencies have over dollar. At the same, dollar doesn't have the dependence on digital currency which keeps the dollar a high profile asset than bitcoin, though the growth of bitcoin is much higher in value compared to dollar.
/GeertJohan

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:49:03 PM

Nope,i think It does not affect this. Here there are not necessary to compare those things. Because dollar is a fiat bitcoin is a digital currency Then why did you compare it.. if it get down you can convert it to other fiat and trade it as your process.. it depends on your thought..
gollum23

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:23:45 AM

нa биткoин нoвocти дoллapa мнe кaжeтcя нe влияют coвceм
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:51:08 AM

Yes it will affect to Bitcoin price but in my opinion it'll make Bitcoin price go to the moon cause people will more focus on Bitcoin to get more profit cause the value of dollar is lower than before so they'll prefer use Bitcoin to dollar than before.

filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:51:33 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 09:06:46 AM by filharvey

Guys, wait a second, if you are watching the price of Bitcoin.like 12000$ so the value of dollar afects Bitcoin! If you watch in Euros the price of euros afects the price of bitcoin! Everytime you try to put a "value" on bitcoin you will afect them by the currency! If USD drops, the price of bitcoin can change in USD but not in EUR...
Bitcoin is valued based on various currencies.But it is mostly mentioned in  terms of USD.So,if USD price decreases,definitely it would affect bitcoin price as far as it is valued and converted in to dollars.

But at the same time,if it is valued in euro or other currencies which has stable price,then there would be no difference in bitcoin's value.Even if dollar currency crashes totally,then bitcoin would be valued in euro or yen or any other popular currency.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:25:25 PM

Seems most people here think like I do, that dollar value doesn't have an impact on Bitcoin value. I have asked myself this a few times, and it seems to be true, in a sense, because Bitcoin value against other pairs of currency are actually just the same if you equate it against USD. I do wonder if USD becomes extremely volatile or loses a great amount of value, how would or who would make the decision to change the pair it is valued against?

For example, in Zimbabwe, it is against dollar value because the local currency deactivated. Who actually determines that?

I don't believe that the dollar has any kind of impact on the bitcoin's value and I will explain why.

Bitcoin is being traded in a large amount of exchanges among the world, which means that it is being traded for a large variety of coins, if the USD goes down, it won't affect the price of bitcoin against other currencies( for an example, BTC/EUR, BTC/CNY,BTC/JPY).
Because the price of bitcoin against other currencies will remain constant, it will make the price of bitcoin against USD go higher.

It WILL affect the bitcoin price against dollars, but won't affect it's value, as dollar go down, but bitcoin goes up against the dollar.

No. The dollar has its price and Bitcoin has another and this causes the two to change their prices without depending on each other, for example, a few days you would have to spend at the current price 12 thousand dollars to acquire a currency of Btc, today you only with 13-14 thousand dollars you will be able to buy that same currency that until a few days ago was worth 12. Simply put, not the correlation between these worlds.
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:34:11 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 07:37:46 PM by christian07

It's both money so it can,See the volatile price of bitcoin that's one of the cycle why bitcoin go up and down,If any person do buy bitcoin in dollar it can affect the price because the digital money move or a transaction made.We can also say some country have money in dollar that authorize bitcoin so it can affect the price also of bitcoin and it still continue to spread in some countries
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:27:03 PM

The original or traditional currency like the Dollar, Euro etc are physical money and has no absolute relationship of any kind with bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.
So therefore the value of dollars does not affect bitcoin.

But one thing most people (including me) fear is that, the worth and the importance of dollar might be diminishing because more interest have been given to bitcoin. Even admist this fears, it is quite interesting to know that we need the dollars in order to encash our bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: