Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKitties is mental  (Read 1058 times)
CryptoBeefy (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:54:18 PM

So i know it's the world of cryptocurrency, plus it's the internet but I seriously underestimated the impact CryptoKitties would have. It's proper booming! I'm assuming it will be a fad but still, fair play and credit where it's due!
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
James_nz_007

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:09:51 PM

Crazy A. The whole network if unusable ATM.
kioicoin

Activity: 178

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:15:53 PM

I think a lot of people might notice that these kitties are useness, but they bet they are not the last batch of people who want to buy the kitty. Then they will buy and make some money out from breeding and selling.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:18:13 PM

So i know it's the world of cryptocurrency, plus it's the internet but I seriously underestimated the impact CryptoKitties would have. It's proper booming! I'm assuming it will be a fad but still, fair play and credit where it's due!

Doesn't suprise me that much, these senseless games always find a sweet spot by people. Look at tamagotchi or those mobile games you play such as clash of clans(?) they're an utter timewaste but its like watching tv, it takes your mind of of something

bob3772

Activity: 415

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:18:40 PM

I think a lot of people might notice that these kitties are useness, but they bet they are not the last batch of people who want to buy the kitty. Then they will buy and make some money out from breeding and selling.

I suspect that many many people in it don't give a single iota about these kitties whatsoever and are simpy in it to make money, some of them are selling for ridiculous sums and those people are profiting from the ones who somehow value a digital kitten that highly.

hyadumadha

Activity: 254
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:19:39 PM

Lot of my friends joint and kinda getting crazzy bout this kitties stuff, I will wait for another chance to buy CryptoLarva or CryptoShark, cryptoshark doo..doo..doo.dooo...cryptoshark doo...doo....dooo. LOL, wth with those ppl.  Grin Grin
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:23:44 PM

This is the funniest and most creative attack on a cryptocurrency I ever seen. This cryptokitties things showcases how much of a failed experiment Ethereum is. A network that gets unusable because people start trading virtual kitten pets with it. How ridiculous. I tried to warn people that something like this would sooner or later happen, but nobody wanted to listen. Now ETH network is collapsing while BTC holders hit all time highs everyday.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:26:17 PM

Much as you love Cryptokitties and all the praises and endorsement. It is  now causing a monumental problem in the Ethereum system as transaction are now at snail speed and it is now causing a lot problems.
BarkingHawk

Activity: 197
Merit: 190

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:28:06 PM

It's just another fad like Flappy Bird was only this time it's a crypto game.  Once it inevitably dies off and people move on to the next nonsense thing, it will all return to normal.

uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:29:13 PM

Plus: Ethereum doesnt work, bitcoin doesnt work, i do not know what else to do.

Bitcoin is going up to the sky, but it is unsable, so what is the sense of seeing it going over twenty thousand dollars if we are not able to send a single transaction without having to wait hours to get it confirmed?

i am getting tired of this.

Have you noticed that since cryptokitties was launched the whole network is more slow? Is this a coincidence?
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:31:31 PM

It's just another fad like Flappy Bird was only this time it's a crypto game.  Once it inevitably dies off and people move on to the next nonsense thing, it will all return to normal.
Completely true and the thing we should do now is wait until that thing dies and lost interest by people because if that thing happen just like on most thing hyped up do easily pass up and move on into a new one which is common or normal thing for people to do.For now since its still booming up then we would still suffer on very slow confirmation because of the congestion of the network.It do really sucks but we cant do nothing but to wait until the hype is already depleted. Grin

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Stilinki

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:41:31 PM

The Kitties craze, i hope it stops really soon. Most of my holdings are erc20 tokens and so, business is not moving. Or if i insist, I'll have to spend some serious amount of fees for every transaction.
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:43:12 PM

CryptoKitties is the latest craze in blockchain era innovation, but the real problem is blockchain wasn't created to play games, and effects we can see now. I was accumulating Tokens today on EtherDelta:
- Oyster Pearl  [PRL]
- QuantStamp [QSP]
- SunContract [SNC]
I paid 7.50$ in fees only just to purchase this Tokens, I didn't transfer them back to my wallet even!
I have nothing against games, I like to play games but this idea putting the game on blockchain? Stupid, investors suffer now!
For 3 transaction I should pay 0.012$, not 7.50$. I wish this game never existed in first place, useless waste of resources. I read on their Facebook page even users playing this stupid game can't log in and play because to network issues.
I don't think this situation will change quickly, because of HIGH fees we paying to ETH network.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:48:55 PM

Anyone know why people buy these Kitties? Maybe I don't see the important reason.
urbanpixel

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

schneider

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:55:07 PM

A friend told ma about cryptokitties a day or two ago, I am glad I did not contribute to it. Also, after reading the above posts I just realized that it is somehow related to the downfall of the ETH. Not that I lost much, but i should have reacted sooner and avoided any stress from the last couple of days...

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
RichardBTC

Activity: 201

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:31:22 PM

Next game to be developed is crypto dogs then crypto farm.... Watch this space... People tend to cling onto these novilty games its quiet unbeilevable... Just hope it doesnt fuk up the ethereum price and network

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:58:51 PM

I still can not believe that there is so much transaction for buying kittens so they locked up the whole system. Probably, bunch of people created that hype and others jumped in.  It will be ended like Pokemon Go!
Haslett5236

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:01:48 PM

i hope people can stop join cryptokitties because it makes ethereum network bad i now using

ethereum blockchian is very inconvenience . we need to pay more fee for trading
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:05:30 PM

please can someone clarify this new concept for me kitties and please teel me how do they relate to ether? are they a good thing or a bad thing? can someone please clarify?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:05:39 PM

Unfortunately this case shows the vulnerability of the ethereum network. I hope that the Raiden fork will fix this kind of problems with scalability.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: