Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:37:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help! Transaction ID not showing up and been waiting for BTC for 6 days.  (Read 458 times)
Simodus (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:28:37 PM

Someone sent me 0.1 BTC and it hasn’t arrive for almost a week now
I received it the first time and then he sent it me again but it’s not showing up in blockchain and there’s no sign or record of it pending on my Coinbase address. I did try and contact coinbase but no reply Can someone tell me what’s going on?
Status: 0/unconfirmed Date: 11/29/2017 20:08 To: 1JwdozLPVQC7cpteCo9RWj7dhbcKXWB2rZ Debit: -0.10 BTC Transaction fee: -0.0026644 BTC Net amount: -0.1026644 BTC Transaction ID: 795c17896d949d9314e886ed2b3fcdd1b44aff1bca76bfc777b08266d5945c6e

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:55:54 PM

Someone sent me 0.1 BTC and it hasn’t arrive for almost a week now
I received it the first time and then he sent it me again but it’s not showing up in blockchain and there’s no sign or record of it pending on my Coinbase address. I did try and contact coinbase but no reply Can someone tell me what’s going on?
Status: 0/unconfirmed Date: 11/29/2017 20:08 To: 1JwdozLPVQC7cpteCo9RWj7dhbcKXWB2rZ Debit: -0.10 BTC Transaction fee: -0.0026644 BTC Net amount: -0.1026644 BTC Transaction ID: 795c17896d949d9314e886ed2b3fcdd1b44aff1bca76bfc777b08266d5945c6e

Did the sender make the second transaction to you from the same address(18jkpEDDDDg9PG9sBTT4QY8MpFmSUirybf
) as the first transaction?
And where did you get 795c17896d949d9314e886ed2b3fcdd1b44aff1bca76bfc777b08266d5945c6e from?
My guess is that either the transaction somehow got stucked and didn't broadcast , or the sender gave you a fake transaction ID.
Simodus (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:03:44 PM

Hi
Thanks for the reply
When we did the transaction, we FaceTimed just to make sure it’s all authentic which I believe it was.  He showed me live that he was sending it.

The thing is though, there is two output from my address which I believe coinbase are using my address as well.

Could it be that coinbase has received the 2nd transaction and holding it until it’s confirmed?

If it got stuck, does it mean it will return to the sender ?
Simodus (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:11:23 PM

When he sent the second transaction, he sent it to the same address
kahc

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:50:04 PM

Hi
Thanks for the reply
When we did the transaction, we FaceTimed just to make sure it’s all authentic which I believe it was.  He showed me live that he was sending it.

The thing is though, there is two output from my address which I believe coinbase are using my address as well.

Could it be that coinbase has received the 2nd transaction and holding it until it’s confirmed?

If it got stuck, does it mean it will return to the sender ?
As I can see Coinbase hasn't received the 2nd transaction at all.
Do you know that person well? Because as long as the transaction hasn't confirmed it is easy to exploit it, by for example double-spending to his own address.
Depends on what/where(exchange or wallet) he sent from, he may have to contact his wallet provider or resend it himself.

[/quote]
When he sent the second transaction, he sent it to the same address

But did he send from the same sender address as the 1st transaction?
Simodus (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:26:36 PM

He is using bitcoin wallet.
Would it get sent back to him if it’s stuck ?
Simodus (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:18:35 PM

Good question
I’m gonna ask him now
Simodus (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:58:20 PM

so he cant find where his address is.
he's using bitcoin - qt.  is there a way to find where the bitcoin address he used to send?
kahc

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:16:08 AM

He is using bitcoin wallet.
Would it get sent back to him if it’s stuck ?
The transaction will be slowly forgotten if it remains unconfirmed for too long, but no one know how long it takes.

so he cant find where his address is.
he's using bitcoin - qt.  is there a way to find where the bitcoin address he used to send?

He should find it in his 'transaction' tab, but if it is not there, then the transaction is probably already dropped.

If the transaction is still there and stucked.
Right click the transaction that is stuck, and choose the "Abandon Transaction".
If that option is greyed out, then he must go to the Bitcoin Core datadir and delete the mempool.dat file. Then restart Bitcoin Core with the -walletbroadcast=0 option and then he should be able to use "Abandon Transaction".
If the above two options fail for some reason, then he can start Bitcoin Core with the -zapwallettxes option to clear all unconfirmed transactions from his wallet.
Once the transaction is either Abandoned or cleared from the wallet, he can create a new transaction to you again.

Simodus (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:52:38 PM

Thanks for he advice
Could you tell me step by step on your method so I can show him.

I’m a novice at this stuff.

Thanks

If all goes well I’ll tip
kahc

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:53:50 PM

Thanks for he advice
Could you tell me step by step on your method so I can show him.

I’m a novice at this stuff.

Thanks

If all goes well I’ll tip

1. Open and run Bitcoin-qt.
2. Click on 'transaction' tab.
3. Find the corresponding transaction.
4. Right-click on that transaction and choose "Abandon Transaction".

However if the "Abandon Transaction" is greyed out(not clickable).
1. Close Bitcoin-qt.
2. Find the Bitcoin datadir.
3. Most probably C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Bitcoin\
4. Delete mempool.dat
5. Now start Bitcoin-qt with -walletbroadcast=0 as an option(argument).
6. Example on how to add an argument http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/zapwallettxes/
7. Now he should be able to right-click that transaction and choose ""Abandon Transaction".
8. Close Bitcoin-qt and start Bitcoin-qt normally without any argument.

However if both options above fail.
1. Close Bitcoin-qt
2. Start Bitcoin-qt with -zapwallettxes as an argument
3. That argument will clear all unconfirmed transactions from his wallet.
4. Close Bitcoin-qt and start Bitcoin-qt normally without any argument.

Once the transaction is either Abandoned or cleared from the wallet, he can create a new transaction to you again.
Gerci

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:59:34 PM

I do not understand completely with transactions in the world of cryptocurrency, I am just a beginner who wants to learn little by little, the seniors who are superior in terms of transaction id, please guidance, I never tried to do transactions but always appear text "eror" if I do ,
Simodus (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:38:30 PM

Apparently it did not all work
Is it because his wallet is out of sync?

When he sent it to me the first time time it sent but the second time didn’t.

Is it because the wallet isn’t seeing the change after he sent me the first transaction?
kahc

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:56:06 AM

Apparently it did not all work
Is it because his wallet is out of sync?

When he sent it to me the first time time it sent but the second time didn’t.

Is it because the wallet isn’t seeing the change after he sent me the first transaction?
Elaborate, what didn't work? Did he find the corresponding transaction at all?
Yes, it is possible to send transactions before the client is fully synced, but if he try spend more btc than he actually control, then the transaction won't propagate across the network and will never confirm.

Diving into the blockchain, does this address belong to him 1HMaZjoJ9dJJNxEPjLTBfSpik4TrpqufQc ?
Because I see a balance of 0.1023356BTC there.

My hypothesis now is that he created a 2nd transaction with a total input of 0.1026644BTC while the client was not fully synced, and the transaction is therefore stucked because of not enough balance.
Simodus (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:40:30 AM

He freaked out
He basically updated his bitcoin qt wallet and it’s gone back to 300 weeks of out of sync

He was transferring hisn1 btc from his old laptop to his desk top and now he’s freaking out that he may never see his BTC for a while.  Leaving me as second class citizen.

I honestly don’t know what to do now as he’s more concern of his btc.  I think I actually lost out here. 

But just say he is telling the truth and is freaking and gonna leave it until his btc is fully sync.  Would the transaction he made to me going to send to me after it’s sync or get back to him?

I did ask him about that second transaction and he said no he didn’t send it. 
So I’m not sure..   I will investigate more with him because I do want to see the transaction list.

Thanks for all your help guys.  I honestly do appreciate the help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: