Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ► ► LTC IPO: Litecoin's Pre-Gox Project, fontas ► ► ►  (Read 21212 times)
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:59:18 PM

I wonder if MtGox will take action against this ?

Something like only allowing verified accounts to deposit Litecoin for the first week of it's trade should do the trick.
That would only limit the supply of LTC, pushing the price higher.
Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:01:30 PM

Something like only allowing verified accounts to deposit Litecoin for the first week of it's trade should do the trick.
...or just giving everyone time to move their LTC to Gox before trading starts.
This is something I have thought about.

You have to allow people to load up their MtGox LTC wallets before trading happens. I'm interested in the logistics of this.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:07:07 PM

...or just giving everyone time to move their LTC to Gox before trading starts.
This is something I have thought about.

You have to allow people to load up their MtGox LTC wallets before trading happens. I'm interested in the logistics of this.

Doesn't need to be complex. Just turn on LTC deposits a while before turning on LTC trading.

Anyway, looks like Fontas has cancelled the lets-just-kill-LTC part since my previous objection.

groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:07:46 PM

GOX should just open deposit 24h-48h before trade so all LTC will be in GOX then normal operation can start with all the supplied coin already in many wallets. They can also just release and say it's open so avoid organised setup.

@fontas you forget to put 4) I dump my already buy LTC while other still pump so I make profit before other can try to make some and price already go down.

Anyone following this will be the looser as he will start dump while you still pump  lol.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:09:58 PM

I agree that the LTC/USD price will likely crest $7 after Gox, but this will happen organically. You don't have to manipulate anything -- just sit back and watch the numbers.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:12:34 PM

I agree that the LTC/USD price will likely crest $7 after Gox, but this will happen organically. You don't have to manipulate anything -- just sit back and watch the numbers.
This is pretty much my opinion.

Had BTC not fallen, I think we would be between $4 and $5 right now.
Arcas

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:19:26 PM

"We all know what will happen when Gox supports LTC: Price will rise immensely and more investors and developers become interested."

Lol Lost me there
magnificat_mafia

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:40:30 PM

fontas the scammer, pumping and dumping
Protagonus

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:44:53 PM

Let's take a look at recent FontaFud then.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242876.msg2577899#msg2577899
You'll need an order of magnitude more than 20k USD to reasonably affect the LTC price.

Good luck with your efforts but you're pissing into a hurricane with that amount of cash.

I have my own plans for the LTC price.

https://twitter.com/fontase

Fontas ‏@fontase 6 Jul

LTC's a bit low, sitting at $2.3501. Might push the price up to $2.70 tomorrow or the day after.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=5-days&resolution=hour&pair=ltc-btc&market=btc-e
Take note of the LTC/BTC price during the 24-48 hr window Fudtas put for the pump.
0.036 DOWN to 0.033 (8.3% change) Appx 4 x Volume

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=5-days&resolution=hour&pair=ltc-usd&market=btc-e
LTC/USD from same time period. 
$2.38 - $2.58 (7.8% change) Appx 1/4 Volume

Net Price increase post pump (minus) -0.5%

Nice Pump, Derp.....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195384.msg2032160#msg2032160
The more alts created, the more options for pumping. I wish 50 alts were created per week.

Maybe just stick to these then?
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 07:23:16 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:38:05 AM by mindtomatter

To do this, we can contact:
Cryptocurrency podcasts (Let's Talk Bitcoin)
Online Courses (Coursera, Khan Academy) (Note: Stanford has a Bitcoin Group, and also hosts the popular online course to create a tech startup funded by Bitcoins)
News networks (News like this is great)
Youtube channels (The Bitcoin Channel, Mad Bitcoins)
Bitcoin price forecast networks (S3052 is already very bullish on LTC. Perhaps we can also interest the influential chinese blogger 796)
Bitcointalk forums (speculation board, altcoin section)
Bitcoin/Crypto meetups
If Bloomberg and Forbes (Jon Matonis in particular ) cover Litecoin, it will be huge. The focus is to detail exactly why LTC is either equal to or superior to BTC (Scrypt security, faster confirmation times, very active development team), and its potential to be used in everyday digital transactions.

Hey there,
I'm the lead from Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Wanted to give you a heads up that we saw this post back on the litecoin forums, wrote about it  and I've already contacted most of the people on the list.   In the run  up to Gox, everyone is aware of an attempt to overhype and damage the currency for market manipulation.

I know it's tempting, but you should really consider getting a hobby outside of trying to defraud people.   You can dress this up in "it's good for Litecoin" all you want, but the reality is you're doing to make a lot of money off of suckers who don't understand the scheme you're attempting to run on the market.  I don't even think most of what you're saying is possible given the distribution of hashing power, but it's my role as a watchdog within the crypto space to look for nonsense like this and help the narrative sail around it.

TL;dr - Stop trying to cheat.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:37:29 PM

lets get these babies up

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 08:39:14 PM

fontas the scammer, pumping and dumping

fontas is an idiot by the way. he should go to feathercoin or btc-e chat  Roll Eyes

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:40:37 PM

I can only hope that people have enough sense to see what the real plan is here... someone is going to make a ton of money and it wont be you.

Fair warning.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
mercSuey

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:42:24 PM

This belongs in the scams and fraud section.  

He probably loaded up when LTC was over 3 and is now desperate to not see a loss (at the cost of others).
litecoin_messiah

Activity: 355
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 02:09:40 AM

did you ever watch the truman show fontas?
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:15:12 AM

my question is why do people call ltc going to mtgox an IPO?

That's saying prior to listing on mtgox everything is premine  Wink
autodidactic

Activity: 175

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:27:10 AM

I have a large supply of LTCs and I'm not falling for this bullshit.

LZKRTwu1jUM8MphtJox54hHmXH4SiNTron
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:49:54 AM

The Plan A: (Fontas Evil Plan)

Follow Fontas Plan - Everyone throws their money into LTC - Fontas Cashes out.  End Plan.

The Plan B: (Fontas Good Plan)

Follow fontas Plan - Everyone INCLUDING Fontas throws their money into LTC - Everyone cashes out. End Plan.

Hmmm... someone is going to loose here... it wont be me...
lukemarshall

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:23:32 AM

It seems unusual that the LTC IPO project is gaining more publicity than Litecoin itself, contrary to the original intention of this project.

LTC will pass $7 with ease upon MtGox support whether LTCIPO or no LTCIPO. This is just a coordinated effort to increase publicity of the coin to coincide with this step in Litecoin's development, amplifying the effect. Highlighting Litecoin's features (scrypt, block times), future developments, the recent payment processor LTCPP, and the potential of the coin to rival Bitcoin should take the main stage, not this project.

A block time that you are openly trying to exploit and show everyone how vulnerable  and exploitable litecoin really is.

Reminds me of a phrase I saw somewhere.... Vires in Numeris,

So I ask, what side are you on??

Its all about what the people want...
daserpent1

Activity: 435

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:08:49 AM

Fontas, Have you actually been able to convince even 1 big LTC holder so faR?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: