Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:16:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is my Antminer D3 alright?  (Read 324 times)
TitanNoob (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:58:20 PM

Ok so i fell into the Bitmain Scam and now ended up with 2 of these dogshit machines.
But im going to mine with it anyways Smiley
But problem is the hashing boards wiggle a bit, while this doesnt happen when i put in the cables from the PSU this makes me worried.
Is this normal for an antminer product or should i RMA both?
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 04:59:50 PM

they are fine

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
TitanNoob (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:49:37 PM

Really? Because im scared to plug in both. do you have an antminer product?
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:57:01 PM

You should RMA them only if the hashboards show clear signs of failure such as them not working at all (significantly reduced hashrate).
I don't own a D3 but some wiggle isn't an issue when it comes to connected PCBs.
Just plug them all in and hash away because the longer you spend without doing so the more time it will take for you to earn your money back.
llanaio

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:28:35 AM

It's normal for the hashboards to feel a little loose. You should make sure you don't hear anything jiggling around freely inside the housing -- that will be a heatsink that came off and if you run it like that, that particular chip will die. Otherwise, fire it up. It can't explode on you.

There's still money to made mining X11 if your electricity costs are low enough (and you can afford to hold your coins for a while before selling).
martinsidearm

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:54:18 AM

Hi, sorry for hijacking the thread ... I got myself two of these also a couple of weeks ago.

November Batch 19,3 D3:s. Realized they are pretty shitty. I was hoping to make 10 USD/day per miner ... but that is not the case.

Started mining at nicehash two weeks ago and lost all of my generated coins during the hack.
Now trying out Antpool but they seem to be giving me only roughly 5 USD/day (per miner) compared to nicehash's 7 USD/day (per miner).
Plus Antpools website is so bad they don't even let me fill out a wallet adress (they tell me they are sending me an email for confirmation, but that email is nowhere to be seen, yes I checked my spam folders/filters). So, I'm not sure I'll even get paid from them ... I'm just mining to keep the garage warm ans cozy now.

So, where do you take your X11 hashingpower now ... to get any kind of revenue? Or should I just throw them in the garbage bin?
I am completely new to this (which is why I lost my mining coins because I hadn't researched how to protect my funds). I realize I may never break even but what is the best way to go from here?

Grateful for any advice. 
/Martin
llanaio

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:21:52 AM

Coinmine.pl, prohashing.com, zpool.ca are pretty good dash pools. Prohashing will automatically switch coins and you can set your payout to many coins in whatever percentage you like.

I was just about to receive a payment from Nicehash and lost a tidy sum there. I doubt I'll go back to them. I suspect they were either negligently careless or complicit in the hack.
davemanet

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:40:03 AM

Coinmine.pl, prohashing.com, zpool.ca are pretty good dash pools. Prohashing will automatically switch coins and you can set your payout to many coins in whatever percentage you like.

I was just about to receive a payment from Nicehash and lost a tidy sum there. I doubt I'll go back to them. I suspect they were either negligently careless or complicit in the hack.

Do you recommend a d= difficulty or just leave it blank?  I'm on zpool.ca and my hash rate fluctuates between 19 and 3 :/
llanaio

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:25:54 AM

Do you recommend a d= difficulty or just leave it blank?  I'm on zpool.ca and my hash rate fluctuates between 19 and 3 :/

I omit the difficulty param based on the idea that the machine will quickly settle into an appropriate difficulty level within a few rounds. However, I have not tested this thoroughly yet and could be wrong. I have enough machines now that I can and should test this, but I haven't had the time to tinker at that level quite yet. (real life. Jeez!) I will let you know what I find out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: