Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:54:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Cryptocurrency Gold Rush  (Read 212 times)
rosber (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:06:20 PM

ICO Cryptocurrency Gold Rush Is Over as SEC Charges 3rd Company
wattcrypto

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:34:43 PM

IMO I don't think it's over. I think the ICO's that are actually scamming people and aren't compliant will be. You also have to keep in mind that this opens doors for ico's to come in and innovate. For example, I recently heard about a project called polymath. They are creating a platform where you can launch your securities token project (and have it be compliant) and get connected to KYC-verified investors. This isn't over, it's just the next phase of the evolution of ico's and crypto.
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:45:35 PM

I don't think that it is over but I do expect that it might die down a little bit. The SEC charging some companies won't put off the many others who see it as an easy way to make a quick buck.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
marriams

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:48:33 PM

No, it will not die. They are needed and this is the real future of blockchain. But there will be efforts to eliminate the scams and let a clear road for the real projects.
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:57:40 PM

Good to see some action taken finally but also sucks it took this long to take that action. Hopefully this will put some fear in scammers hearts and put an end to most scams. I know that is wishful thinking but one can hope Roll Eyes.

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:27:25 PM

Actually SEC have charged this project because they were promoting their tokens with unreachable claims
The company claimed that users could have a return-on-investment of 1,354% in the first 29 days after PlexCoin launched.

ROI of 1350% within one month is not realistic and can't be justified by any means.

ListICO

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 12:15:33 AM

ICOs are not over however regulations are coming. but its ok.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:17:03 AM

As long as ico's make money there will be ico's. And some of these projects don't even plan on being around long enough to care about sec regulation.
Tendo

Activity: 129

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 12:23:45 AM

Well they can take that rubbish and maybe others will realize you have to play by the rules. I mean honestly, how would you feel if you had all this money that literally came from good people. People that where just looking for a place to build funds. Sure I know some investors are just as slimy. But some people are just trying to get ahead. I honestly couldn't look myself in the mirror. Whats all the money in the world if you hate yourself for being heartless.
a d i m u l

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:45:56 AM

By using Proof-of-HODl, you can generate passive income without the need for expensive mining systems or excessive power burning by utilizing scouts, which we all know, both are bad for the environment as a whole. We are driven by the community, so we will actively seek out methods to guide our communities financial freedom either through partnership, expansion or community projects. good luck and try it dev
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: