Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:02:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cex.io missing eth problem  (Read 392 times)
satrapus (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:33:24 PM

Yesterday around 2pm I sent 5.5 eth from cex.io to binance.
The transfer was not completed and seems to have vanished into thin air.
30 hours have since passed.
I wrote to them 5 times.

cex.io response as follows:

==========================
Thank you for contacting us on this matter.

Please be informed that we are aware of ETH deposit and withdraw issues that are happening now.

Currently, our tech department is working on solving the issue as soon as it is possible. We can assure you that we will do our best to restore the transactions. Hence, currently no ETA is given to us on the request.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience on the matter in advance.

Best Regards

Sam C
CEX.IO Team
=========================

They have no eta!?!
To say I'm not impressed is somewhat of an efing understatement. Angry Angry Angry
mike8CircuitStudios
Copper Member

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:14:32 PM

I was on CEX.IO over the summer and I had nothing but problems with them.  A transfer of ETH like you are describing took over 3 weeks with no confirmations... then the all hit in one day, but with gas fees higher than I expected.  Tech support was also unresponsive, to my requests for information too.

I hate to say it, but your option at this point might be to wait.  Just take some confidence in knowing others have been in the same scenario and it eventually worked out.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:18:29 PM

Nothing to worry, there is ongoing network congestion on the Ethereum network right now. Just like Bitcoin a few weeks ago. No other choice but to be patient.
satrapus (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:19:19 PM

And if I wait 3 weeks and eth crashes.
I'm already down 5%.
That's not counting how much I lost as I was going to buy iota on binance with the eth.
It's a mickey mouse scam exchange and I will never use them again.
satrapus (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:42:14 PM

Just sent eth from coinbase to binance, done in a few minutes.
Cex.io have either stolen my eth or are holding it and trading with my funds.
No reply from support.
Daylight robbery.
Do I call my bank and cancel the transaction? Is this possible?
satrapus (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:04:16 PM

That is a pure lie.
Eth blockchain is running smoothly. It took just a few minutes for my transfer from another exchange to complete to bnb.
They are basically holding peoples eth and my guess is trading with the capital.
The said they will "try and restore the transaction". Try?!?
If they hold 1000's of people eth for a month in limbo go figure how much capital it gives them.
Utterly outrageous and downright criminal.
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 12:38:19 PM

That is a pure lie.
Eth blockchain is running smoothly. It took just a few minutes for my transfer from another exchange to complete to bnb.
They are basically holding peoples eth and my guess is trading with the capital.
If they hold 1000's of people eth for a month in limbo go figure how much capital it gives them.

Hello everyone,
Recent days Ethereum memory pool experiencing very high pressure due to the launch of a new CryptoKitties app. All the ETH transactions processing will be resumed as soon as the network load reduces. We do not intend to block or steal anyone's funds or crypto. These measures were undertaken only to the technical issue we are expecting will be solved nearest time.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
satrapus (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:00:03 PM

Bullshit yet again.
It is technically impossible for eth network to only be slow for cex.io transactions.
What do you take us for?
I have made 3 eth transfers in the last day.
ALL of them completed and confirmed in a few minutes.
I sent eth from cex over 2 days ago and you are still holding my capital.
Legal action is the only solution for this theiving exchange.
Spread the word.
HandyAndy321

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:57:26 AM

That is a pure lie.

Hello everyone,
Recent days Ethereum memory pool experiencing very high pressure due to the launch of a new CryptoKitties app. All the ETH transactions processing will be resumed as soon as the network load reduces. We do not intend to block or steal anyone's funds or crypto. These measures were undertaken only to the technical issue we are expecting will be solved nearest time.
10 Eth missing also from CEX transfer to Bittrex. User id up110856789. CEX shows confirmed, Bittrex not pending. Also have a 10K USD wire stuck since nov 28. You told me first I went over, then I had to corporate verify and now ignore my requests since an extra 10 days to refund my wire. Moving my money from you at a loss because you lost my trust. Too many others complaining too about missing wires and txns stuck with you while going through with other exchanges. What's going on with CEX? Who will trust you now?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: