Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:01:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenCryptoMining.com pre IPO announcement  (Read 697 times)
goregrind (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:21:09 PM

Hello guys,

I'm in the finishing stages (waiting for cryptostocks approval) on my new project http://opencryptomining.com/
I would love to hear your comments/critiques on the project.

Thanks.

woot?
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anonuser777

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:47:59 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 07:24:30 PM by anonuser777

Firstly, I like the website and how the CGminer stats are open for all to see. Although, it seems like quite a high reject rate there. What type of connection do you have and where are you based? EDIT: I see you're using a multipool or P2P Pool. Probably explains it.

Your valuation (4 BTC, 0.004 * 1000) seems a little high for 4 used graphics cards and a rig. Just as an example (probably not the best idea, only saying as I know what an R9 270 can do), you could get 6 x R9 270 running at 470 khs/s (2800 total) for 1500 USD (2.4 BTC) then obviously a little more for a mobo (e.g AsRock H81 Pro BTC), 2x PSU and memory. Maybe 3 BTC in total? Would be good to see your actual valuations with the hardware you're using.

Lots of scams on cryptostocks at the moment, so the more open and transparent you can be the better. Publish a verified name, address, etc and you'll get more interest. I had a lucky escape from CMUC Coin mining union, selling just before the crash, so will probably stay out of this one.

All the best with your endeavour.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:39:24 PM

Hi OP. Re cryptostocks, see here. As for the IPO process, see here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
goregrind (OP)

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:04:01 PM

Firstly, I like the website and how the CGminer stats are open for all to see. Although, it seems like quite a high reject rate there. What type of connection do you have and where are you based? EDIT: I see you're using a multipool or P2P Pool. Probably explains it.

Your valuation (4 BTC, 0.004 * 1000) seems a little high for 4 used graphics cards and a rig. Just as an example (probably not the best idea, only saying as I know what an R9 270 can do), you could get 6 x R9 270 running at 470 khs/s (2800 total) for 1500 USD (2.4 BTC) then obviously a little more for a mobo (e.g AsRock H81 Pro BTC), 2x PSU and memory. Maybe 3 BTC in total? Would be good to see your actual valuations with the hardware you're using.

Lots of scams on cryptostocks at the moment, so the more open and transparent you can be the better. Publish a verified name, address, etc and you'll get more interest. I had a lucky escape from CMUC Coin mining union, selling just before the crash, so will probably stay out of this one.

All the best with your endeavour.

Appreciate the feedback.
Regarding the valuation the rig is in Romania so the prices might not match the US prices. The valuation is based on what I paid for it minus the 1.5 months of usage.

Right now a bit disapointed in cryptostocks' response time, they still didn't get back to me.

woot?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: