Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:33:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins annomously  (Read 481 times)
DocX (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:12:08 PM

Hello fellas

I was wondering the best possible way to get bitcoins annomously. Would meeting with somebody in person and exchanging via blockchain as in wallet to wallet be the best way? If this true, why couldn't I just have a friend go get bitcoins via moneygram and deposit them through bitinstant and then exchange with him through blockchain? That way my identity would remain unknown? I am not sure though. I am trying to gain as much insight as I can before following through.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:19:25 PM

You trying to get some drugs on Silk Road?  Just buy some from localbitcoins.com

It's safer than a drug dealer!

Hello fellas

I was wondering the best possible way to get bitcoins annomously. Would meeting with somebody in person and exchanging via blockchain as in wallet to wallet be the best way? If this true, why couldn't I just have a friend go get bitcoins via moneygram and deposit them through bitinstant and then exchange with him through blockchain? That way my identity would remain unknown? I am not sure though. I am trying to gain as much insight as I can before following through.
supndown

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:23:03 PM

Hello fellas

One wallet to another is the best you can do whether it is a friend or a buyer/seller. If you are concerned then keep your wallet address private and only give it to the person sending to you, make new wallet addresses regularly. If there is nothing connecting your name to the wallet address you are as safe as possible.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:04:07 PM

- snip -
get bitcoins annomously
- snip -
meeting with somebody in person
- snip -

You seem to be using a very odd definition of "anonymous".

have a friend go get bitcoins via moneygram and deposit them through bitinstant and then exchange with him through blockchain? That way my identity would remain unknown?

It would still be known to your friend.

Anonymity isn't a binary thing.  It isn't a matter of "being anonymous" or "not being anonymous".  There are various levels of anonymity that can be accomplished depending on how important that anonymity is to you and how much effort you are willing to put into acquiring it.

To be completely 100% anonymous, you'd have to arrange the exchange via a secure anonymous channel such as TORchat, and then you'd have to make the exchange via dead-drop in a randomly chosen location somewhere in the world (after ensuring that the location was not being monitored).

If you are just trying to avoid having your bank account linked to your purchase of bitcoins, then either of the methods you've described should work.  Unfortunately, there are a large number of reports of people having issues acquiring bitcoins through BitInstant, so you'll have to weigh your own risk tolerance on that one.
payme4work24

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:06:59 PM

You can buy bitcoins best way locally.
Bacon9504A

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:17:50 PM

so many ways.. Google?
PenS

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:33:28 PM

Get em locally... I personally don't understand why it matters if they are anonymous or not... try localbitcoins.com... where are you located?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: