Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:43:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed Transaction Issue on eth  (Read 206 times)
myypw (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:17:53 PM

I have tried to buy some cryptokitties however my transactions failed all the time.
What happens to transaction fee's when a transaction canceled?

tx hash: 0xcab6f8f70d85b23d8c3e86d5c2edf1e3354e275bb32d0d168369b019a1fd58f8

If can someone help about details, i will be appreciated.
Inc_BitSquirrel

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:01:59 PM

IMHO your transaction failed because the offer you wanted to bid was already taken by somebody else. Bad luck in other words.

The funds you tried to bid with (transaction value) went back to you - due to Revert OpCode. So no worries about that.

However, transaction fees are transaction fees. It doesn't matter that the transaction Failed, as long as it was mined (and it indeed was mined). As a result, somebody still has to pay for the code execution and computation (i.e YOU). Consequently, you payed the transaction fee even tough the transaction Failed.

I believe that is it Smiley

minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:12:35 PM

However, transaction fees are transaction fees. It doesn't matter that the transaction Failed, as long as it was mined

He doesnt know what really happened to his transaction, probably that is the only reason of why he posted it in here.

Anyway, the ethereum blockchain has been giving us a lot of issues lately, it has been pretty slowly since yesterday, and no one knows the real reason of that.

I spent more than 0.005 worth of ethereum in order to send a transaction, and it got confirmed one hour later, this is insane, because normally they use to take less than ten minutes to get all the confirmations.

It will get fixed soon, but a lot of ICO's have cancelled their preico's or delayed them becuase of this issue.

k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:17:20 PM

Network is clogging now and one of the reason is from the onkine game cryptokitties which uses the eth blockchain. I thick there are some suuccessful transaction by setting your gwei to something like 40. Hope this will be resilved soon as trading on etherdelta is alao affected.
segomawut

Activity: 382
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:36:26 PM

The big problem is that you have to send some stuff and save it there, location specific. That means that a collection of goods, rather than being able to serve a global customer, you can only serve customers. It also means locking in capital, because stock is stored there (you have to balance how much to keep there versus how often you need to fill out and spend on logistics costs). Of course you also face a product that is moving slowly so it loses value.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:41:54 PM

I have tried to buy some cryptokitties however my transactions failed all the time.
What happens to transaction fee's when a transaction canceled?

tx hash: 0xcab6f8f70d85b23d8c3e86d5c2edf1e3354e275bb32d0d168369b019a1fd58f8

If can someone help about details, i will be appreciated.

In simple words if you want to know then it is that your transaction fees wont get refund only the amount of ETH sent for the transaction that will be given refund if the transaction gets canceled and the transaction fees will be gone to the miners
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:48:47 PM

Lol @ crypto kitties, whoever thought of that is a genius. Selling virtual pics to idiots for crypto. Wait wait for our next release there'll be a super mega ultra rare glitter kitty "Opens up photoshop, add some effects, save as > glitterkitty.png"

myypw (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:31:24 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 02:08:15 PM by myypw

Lol @ crypto kitties, whoever thought of that is a genius. Selling virtual pics to idiots for crypto. Wait wait for our next release there'll be a super mega ultra rare glitter kitty "Opens up photoshop, add some effects, save as > glitterkitty.png"

thanks much for the response but your way of talk is abit rude. Than how do you describe buying virtual tokens and cryptocurrencies? If you do not believe in cryptocurrencies why are you in this forum, i really do not understand the point.

This kittens have a market like all other altcoins in the market and yes it has a market cycle.
It shows the end users how ethereum and smart contract system works which makes it valueable in this aspect.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: