Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:09:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows defender keeps blocking my mining software  (Read 201 times)
adamantasaurus (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:18:56 PM

So I have a few mining gpus and I guess since the last update windows defender keeps blocking my claymore mining software thinking it is a virus it has become a real PITA does anyone know how I permanently stop this from happening?

Thanks
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:22:51 PM

Create a folder for all your miners. Set an exclusion for that folder in the Windows Defender settings.
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:27:01 PM

Why's your machine updating anyways? I turned off updates and all protections, antivirus, etc. not needed.
adamantasaurus (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:13:46 AM

so now it is giving me an error saying openCL.dl was not found does anyone know what this error means?
adamantasaurus (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:15:10 AM

Why's your machine updating anyways? I turned off updates and all protections, antivirus, etc. not needed.

Because I turned off updates as well as excluded driver updates but I always get a notification that an update is ready and I get annoyed with it and dl it at my discretion but this last update screwed everything up could my antivirus be causing OpenCL.dl file not found error?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:26:04 AM

Maybe Windows updated the drivers. Remove all the GPU drivers in safe mode using DDU and make sure to enable the option in DDU to disable the Windows automatic driver install. If you want to mine Ethash coins like Ethereum on Windows 10 v1709 (Fall Creators Update) with AMD cards, you need to use the latest Crimson Relive 17.1x.x drivers and toggle to the 'compute' mode from 'gaming' for each card in AMD settings.

With RX 470/480 or RX 570 cards, you will then need to use the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check with a modded Bios to remove the Code 43 error in Device Manager before the cards will work. Just run the patcher, reboot and verify all the cards are shown in Device Manager with no errors.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

In the Windows 10 Pro Group Policy Editor you can keep Windows Update from updating the the drivers on it's own.

gpedit ==> Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.
adamantasaurus (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:37:35 AM

Maybe Windows updated the drivers. Remove all the GPU drivers in safe mode using DDU and make sure to enable the option in DDU to disable the Windows automatic driver install. If you want to mine Ethash coins like Ethereum on Windows 10 v1709 (Fall Creators Update) with AMD cards, you need to use the latest Crimson Relive 17.1x.x drivers and toggle to the 'compute' mode from 'gaming' for each card in AMD settings.

With RX 470/480 or RX 570 cards, you will then need to use the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check with a modded Bios to remove the Code 43 error in Device Manager before the cards will work. Just run the patcher, reboot and verify all the cards are shown in Device Manager with no errors.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

In the Windows 10 Pro Group Policy Editor you can keep Windows Update from updating the the drivers on it's own.

gpedit ==> Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.

Yea I have already set it so windows does not update the drivers it should not have updated them. I have nvidia gtx 1070 cards though. It looks like files are missing from the folder of my claymore miner download.
adamantasaurus (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:48:26 AM

Its telling me this error in my miner window:

'ethdcrminer64.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I look at the folder and it looks like the file: cudart64_90.dll is not even in the folder anymore for some stupid reason... I downloaded a fresh claymore miner tried to copy paste the file in but it won't let me gives me an error
adamantasaurus (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:42:27 AM

Ah I figured it out, thanks for all the help though guys, this kid on youtube just put a link to opencl.dll download and I added it to my system 32 folder and now it's back up and mining Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: