Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:19:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop saying “Bitcoin”!!  (Read 354 times)
JTPhotography (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:53:17 PM

We need to start using “Satoshi”. This would eliminate much of the psychological “price is too high” stuff.

1 Satoshi = $.0001

Something like that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:04:00 PM

It makes sense like there is a cent to a $ there should be a satoshi to a Bitcoin. But will it really be good for Bitcoin just to end the "price is to high" confusion? I don't think so because they might be confuse more rather than make them understand something as they are more comfortable now in hearing the words Bitcoin compared to Satoshi. Also in the stage where Bitcoin is booming and making itself known I don't think it is a good idea to use the word Satoshi if you want people to know what Bitcoin is, the word satoshi must be introduce to them when they already know what Bitcoin is in order for them to understand it more quickly.
JTPhotography (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:09:49 PM

It makes sense like there is a cent to a $ there should be a satoshi to a Bitcoin. But will it really be good for Bitcoin just to end the "price is to high" confusion? I don't think so because they might be confuse more rather than make them understand something as they are more comfortable now in hearing the words Bitcoin compared to Satoshi. Also in the stage where Bitcoin is booming and making itself known I don't think it is a good idea to use the word Satoshi if you want people to know what Bitcoin is, the word satoshi must be introduce to them when they already know what Bitcoin is in order for them to understand it more quickly.

Well I just think we will be much quicker in getting to the point where 1 Satoshi = $1.

I already have my new yacht picked out . Smiley
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:19:10 PM

eliminating most bitcoin with satoshi is a funny thing, unless the minus 1 satoshi is $ 10.
namjar

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:50:41 PM

We need to start using “Satoshi”. This would eliminate much of the psychological “price is too high” stuff.

it wont make any difference, everybody is saying that one bitcoin is fourteen thousand dollars and there is the real magic of the price.
everybody still remember when it was less than $1k, so at least for me, i am glad of saying that bitcoin is over this price.

and probably if you talk to someone, and you tell him that one satoshi is worth X, he would not understand what a satoshi is if he has never bought or used bitcoins in his life.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:59:57 PM

In my opinion it's a good idea. But we can use other units such as mBTC now. 1 mBTC = 14 dollar. 1 Satoshi does not worth now.
Probably Satoshi had predicted what will happen to bitcoin price. So he/she divided any Bitcoin to 100m parts.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:04:47 PM

It will still be the same.
It is already nailed in the head of many people.
They will still think it is expensive because it is still bitcoin.

It will be better if they can risk their money at their own will, not by mere changing the way it is called so we can pull more of them.
4better

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:05:00 PM

Bitcoin is such a very sweet term for most people nowadays. I guess it will be very hard for anyone used to this word to stop saying it. Bitcoin is such an addicting term especially if one has kept lots of them throughout the years.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:05:19 PM

it wont make any difference, everybody is saying that one bitcoin is fourteen thousand dollars and there is the real magic of the price.
everybody still remember when it was less than $1k, so at least for me, i am glad of saying that bitcoin is over this price.

and probably if you talk to someone, and you tell him that one satoshi is worth X, he would not understand what a satoshi is if he has never bought or used bitcoins in his life.

Exactly whatever you call it Bitcoin is expensive. Since Bitcoin hit a dollar people call it already expensive. People who does'nt know anything about crypto will think that it is expensive no matter what the price is.

Also I agree that people who just want to buy bitcoin and does not know anything about crypto will get confused if we change the name.
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:09:05 PM

eliminating most bitcoin with satoshi is a funny thing, unless the minus 1 satoshi is $ 10.

If 1 satoshi is $10? So how much is bitcoin? Amazing price then.
I dont really want to stop talk bitcoin and change to satoshi because people especially new people will again confuse what satoshi is? Is not bitcoin? And that confusing will make people interest decrease.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:17:37 PM

If 1 satoshi is $10? So how much is bitcoin? Amazing price then.
I dont really want to stop talk bitcoin and change to satoshi because people especially new people will again confuse what satoshi is? Is not bitcoin? And that confusing will make people interest decrease.

I don't think it's difficult for them to understand it. It is same as cent which is fraction of a currency. Satoshi is a fraction of Bitcoin. Every one can understand it and I don't think it is confusing. Every unit has a fraction.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:18:37 PM

1 Satoshi = $.0001

Something like that.
Definitely.I think that very soon,it would come in to existence.But there would be no difference in the actual value.The only benefit would be that most of new investors who actually don't know that bitcoin could be divisible in to eight units would find it easy to buy bitcoins.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:24:50 PM

It does not seem like a bad idea at all, but I think it would only partially fix the problem, because to date it is difficult to clearly express the fractions of bitcoin in a way understandable to all. I usually say "a tenth of bitcoin" to talk about 0.1 BTC, or "a bitcoin cent" to refer to 0.01, but this tends to be vastly confusing and a general convention about it is required.
ClarksonI

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:27:08 PM

and when 1 satoshi = 1 dollar what will it say?
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:29:20 PM

You're idea definitely makes sense right now especially that Bitcoin's price reached $13k today. I saw it myself when my officemates told me that I should be rich right now because I have "Bitcoin" and that they can only afford a fraction of it. People have the connotation right now that when we say Bitcoin, they just see the huge money which is its equivalent. We should start using saothi in our daily conversation as 1 satoshi just became more expensive than it was before. Good thinking for pointing this one out.
sheamus10

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:30:26 PM

Everyone is free to choose which coins they trust, so you don't have to tell us to choose satoshi.
Rather than choosing sathosi I prefer waves or maybe doge, although the increase is a bit slow but I am sure this coin will be good in the future
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:33:50 PM

Everyone is free to choose which coins they trust, so you don't have to tell us to choose satoshi.
Rather than choosing sathosi I prefer waves or maybe doge, although the increase is a bit slow but I am sure this coin will be good in the future

You clearly don't even understand what the thread is about, better luck next time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: