Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:50:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash, exit scam?  (Read 752 times)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:53:44 PM

I believe it is an exit scam too. Don't you find it strange that this happened just when the price hit an all time high. Exit scams have something in common, they all wait for the perfect moment and the all time price of bitcoin was the perfect moment for them. Even if they come back users re trusting them are just stupid.

I believe it's an exit scam as well, but in current times where the price is higher than ever before, hackers and idiots spreading malware are as well in the highest ever active numbers. It's in their advantage to use it as an excuse to mislead authorities investigating this case. If they get away with it, nothing stops them from launching another service where they again end up running away with millions in user funds. It may very well be that this isn't their first exit scam. If they manage to successfully do it once, they will do it another time as well -- the hunger for more is always there, especially if it's so easy to do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptojedi

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:44:16 PM

According to their video chat, they ll be back soon. They want to repay us our money just do not know how or when. Buauauaua, what a BS.
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:51:13 PM

According to their video chat, they ll be back soon. They want to repay us our money just do not know how or when. Buauauaua, what a BS.
Don't hope for it, I doubt that they'll pay their thousands of users that has remaining balance on their wallets. That's a lot, they can't even talk properly on that video chat and their faces is full of mourn.

They are just giving some words of encouragement but if you are hoping for your balance to be returned better be not so that you can accept it easily.

But still it's possible that they'll be giving the favor to their users or else they'll lose a lot though they are giving one of the best service but still too bad this happened.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:49:59 AM

Just hope they do but do expect the worst... I have not seen these type of companies come back from the dead honestly. If they do it is truly a miracle. And even if they have good intentions to begin with and they have indeed gotten hacked, think about it, who would trust them after these events? probably nobody. And to pay off their debts they need some source of income ,nad if nobody trusts them, how are they going to do it?

Either way, it's a huge messup, either intentionally or unintentially.

I would consider whatever i have on that site gone for good.

Smiley
Awnar

Activity: 230
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:14:59 AM

Just hope they do but do expect the worst... I have not seen these type of companies come back from the dead honestly. If they do it is truly a miracle. And even if they have good intentions to begin with and they have indeed gotten hacked, think about it, who would trust them after these events? probably nobody. And to pay off their debts they need some source of income ,nad if nobody trusts them, how are they going to do it?

Either way, it's a huge messup, either intentionally or unintentially.

I would consider whatever i have on that site gone for good.

Agreed, surely this would go in 2 ways, its true they were hacked by other people or an inside job. Right now the only thing they are releasing is their apology but let us just wait for some time if they would ever release the truth about that incident. Also this would make a bad impact on bitcoin. Some new traders would say it cannot be hacked but why is that? These are some of the things that some countries dont trust bitcoin and banning it in their own place.
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:32:44 AM

According to their video chat, they ll be back soon. They want to repay us our money just do not know how or when.

It's impossible. They have no way to earn revenue; they have lost all trust. This isn't like BTC-e, where the owners kept the crypto secure and paid out partial refunds fairly quickly. It's expected that --- very occasionally --- a hot wallet might be hacked. Exchanges/services have targets on their back and are constantly being attacked. But Nicehash supposedly kept all their holdings online? I don't believe that for one moment.

Agreed, surely this would go in 2 ways, its true they were hacked by other people or an inside job. Right now the only thing they are releasing is their apology but let us just wait for some time if they would ever release the truth about that incident. Also this would make a bad impact on bitcoin.

It seems doubtful that they were hacked. Such an obvious security lapse is an easy cop-out in an era where beginners are now buying Trezors. They are just putting on a show before they quietly disappear forever. It's a scam. They saw bitcoin going to the moon and probably got greedy.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:54:03 AM

They will repay noone but when they re back people will still mine with them. It s a perfect crime, you steal what $50-100 per person, nobody s going to hunt you down over that and then come back. That s why this was probably inside job in the first place.

I can bet if they come back withing 48 hours, people will continue using them just because there s nothing else simple enough for people to use.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: