Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:41:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your most reliable online source of unbiased & factual news?  (Read 123 times)
Kangaroo Penguin (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:35:53 PM

I'm looking for websites to stay informed on different topics.

Here's a sort of format we can use:

1. What's the news source? (name, link, etc)

2. What topic of news information is reliably and factually produced from said source? (worldwide news, domestic politics, science, bitcoin, etc)

3. Provide evidence to substantiate the claim that the source is unbiased/factual (anecdotal experience, funding sources, historical track record, etc)

Let's work together to fight fake news

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:07:38 PM

2. What topic of news information is reliably and factually produced from said source? (worldwide news, domestic politics, science, bitcoin, etc)

3. Provide evidence to substantiate the claim that the source is unbiased/factual (anecdotal experience, funding sources, historical track record, etc)

Me personally, I don't anymore follow the news. The kind of news i only subscribe to is the weather and traffic. Everything else, as i see it, are biased. Especially opinion pieces which of course are supposed to be biased on the opinion of the caster. But still, i would rather form my own opinion about the topic. CNN and BBC are great sources of news but then again just for weather and traffic everything else need to be taken with a grain of salt

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:43:40 PM

I don't follow the news anymore. Mostly i watch the news for basically what happened, any new laws i should know and the weather all of which i could easily find in my local news. What happens outside the country i basically have facebook for that. If i were to watch a news channel outside our local station, that would be either CNN and BBC. But i steer clear of editorials and stuff like that.

congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:03:13 AM

Me personally, I don't anymore follow the news. The kind of news i only subscribe to is the weather and traffic. Everything else, as i see it, are biased. Especially opinion pieces which of course are supposed to be biased on the opinion of the caster. But still, i would rather form my own opinion about the topic. CNN and BBC are great sources of news but then again just for weather and traffic everything else need to be taken with a grain of salt
CNN and also bloomberg for me too. For the local news, ABS CBN news serves as my reliable source. I dont know with everyone else but they think this news organization is as biased as can be. But for me, it is not. News are researched and double checked that is why it is a credible source.

djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:14:43 PM

I have yet to find one as they are all either garbage, overly left leaning, or sensationalist. I can tell you one thing it certainly is not r/worldnews

:]
mylestan

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:14:11 AM

I'll give one source of reliable factual news and one unreliable source

The unreliable first; reddit. It's just a bunch of people giving opinions without facts.
users usually go there to get votes on opinions that they already believe in or are biased to

My reliable source is the wall street journal. I just delivered news straight up and isnt really bashed for being too political unlike Fox news or Cnn

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: