Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:31:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash hacked for 60 Million USD... and now what?  (Read 777 times)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:36:47 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 12:42:25 PM by paxmao

Just in case you did not hear the news... Will those bitcoins be banned? Will niceHash survive?

Frankly for me this service was really bad for miners. It killed any opportunity of extra profit for miners, so if it dissapears I would be happy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:38:30 PM

You kind of missed an 'm' there in the title.

Not your keys, not your coins!
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:40:00 PM

Just in case you did not hear the news... Will those bitcoins be banned? Will niceHash survive?

Frankly for me this service was really bad for miners. It killed any opportunity of extra profit for miners, so if it dissapears I would be happy.
you are late to the party man, people have already posted about it. what a useless post the op has made

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:43:07 PM

you are late to the party man, people have already posted about it. what a useless post the op has made

Something tells me, there is many more to come.

Always doubt.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:42:11 PM

You kind of missed an 'm' there in the title.

LOL that´s so true ... It kind of makes a little bit of a diference. In any case, are we better off without them? I think so.

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:43:22 PM

Oh, you mean, that I should not post about Bitcoin because other people post about it? I am not in a popularity contest my friend.

flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:02:16 PM

All he is saying is dont start a new thread if one already exists that covers and discusses this topic.  It helps keep all the information in one place and help keep the duplicates post down in the forum.  If everyone just logged in and created a post about Nichash without looking to see if something was posted the first 4 pages would just be Nicehash related and make the forum useless for everyone to read.  Its not about a popularity contest just being a good steward and doing a little due diligence before creating a new post on a very popular topic.
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:15:19 PM

From some news sources I can come to conclusion that there is no exchange on the planet earth that will consider those coins in that wallet as valid, if they put that wallet on the blacklist. Which really kills the point that nobody can cease your bitcoins as I've been told by some andreas on youtube. So in practice this is how it is people can say that they don't want to accept your payment as valid one whereas if I rob the banks I can use that that money to buy so bitcoin is not perfect money + it is slow and for rich people rich fees.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:31:59 PM

If we had to count all the useless post.... never ending, so many noobs flooded the forum, so many useless/redundant topics.... I vote for a forum section for pro-users, that've been here for long, and recognized.... or to have at least a bit of seniority to be able to open new topics....
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:51:47 PM

How can the bitcoin be "banned"?

The coin involved in the Mount Gox situation wasn't "banned" and that was a LOT MORE COIN involved.

Nicehash survival - hard to tell at this point.

Nicehash did NOT "kill any opportunity of extra profit for miners", you just had to watch what was going on and understand how their service WORKED if you used it.
 For Scrypt in particular the last 2-3 months they were consistantly the most profitable option to mine with, other algorithms they varied a lot more.

Do also keep in mind that you didn't have to use THEIR SOFTWARE to mine with them, or ASIC algorithm mining on their service would not have been possible.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:02:20 PM

From some news sources I can come to conclusion that there is no exchange on the planet earth that will consider those coins in that wallet as valid, if they put that wallet on the blacklist. Which really kills the point that nobody can cease your bitcoins as I've been told by some andreas on youtube. So in practice this is how it is people can say that they don't want to accept your payment as valid one whereas if I rob the banks I can use that that money to buy so bitcoin is not perfect money + it is slow and for rich people rich fees.

And what would happen if those bitcoins were transfered to other wallets? I mean, if someone like me would buy them in localbitcoins or similar?

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:06:18 PM

Nicehash did NOT "kill any opportunity of extra profit for miners", you just had to watch what was going on and understand how their service WORKED if you used it.

But with the service it was possible to direct lots of hashing to a coin, I mean, for example, a new coin is mineable and it has a great profit. Nicehash allowed to send lots of hasing a kill that profit very quickly??

Are there not lists of blacklisted bitcoins? I am asking, I just heard there are.

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:09:21 PM

All he is saying is dont start a new thread if one already exists that covers and discusses this topic.  It helps keep all the information in one place and help keep the duplicates post down in the forum.  If everyone just logged in and created a post about Nichash without looking to see if something was posted the first 4 pages would just be Nicehash related and make the forum useless for everyone to read.  Its not about a popularity contest just being a good steward and doing a little due diligence before creating a new post on a very popular topic.

I am just focusing on the effect for miners. Other threads are more generic of have a different perspective. Anyway, point taken. I will read first next time.

baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:28:30 PM

What if they use a mixer to mix BTC to and thorugh different adresses? How are the exchanges going to "follow" that? I mean if you mix for like 50 times or more.. Smiley Are they going to wait for I don't know.. 1 week or so to get those coins on the exchange?

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:37:01 PM

LOL ... You're a bit late to the party sir.  This happened over a week ago.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:43:16 PM

It's not possible. AFAIK, to "blacklist" a specific cryptocoin.

It's not like a serial number on a fiat bill where the serial number and the bill are always the same connected item.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:48:21 PM

It's not possible. AFAIK, to "blacklist" a specific cryptocoin.

It's not like a serial number on a fiat bill where the serial number and the bill are always the same connected item.

Thank you for the info. I read somewhere that some bitcoins where blacklisted. I know that that would definetly not be possible with monero, sumocoin and other ALTs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: