Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 09:45:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are Deep Onion the only ALT Coin to hide their Team?  (Read 272 times)
onionboy (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:26:25 PM

If you have been researching ALT Coins, you probably noticed that they usually have a page or section of the site dedicated to showing you who is behind the project, and are very transparent. Thats not the case with Deep Onion!

Whilst the Coin itself "claims" to be anonymous, I don't see why the actual creators of Deep Onion would all hide behind super hero characters with absolutely no transparency.

I read plenty of comments about Deep Onion filtering all the Air Drop into suspicious accounts related to a handful of people, this is starting to sound more and more like a scam every day I look into it more.

If you look at other ALT Coins or Blockchain projects, the developers are proud of their project and happy for the general public to know who they are and are accountable for the project for years to come.

The Deep Onion team could easily disappear with your cash and you loose! Simple as that! And then just as easy to start another coin using your money for the development.

I'd love to hear your comments on Deep Onion and your thoughts on why the management team and developers don't want anyone knowing who they are? Obviously keeping in Mind that an anonymous coin is very different to an anonymous company.
Cubanlinx81

Activity: 373
Merit: 11

CryptoRex

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:48:53 PM

This is a scam coin!! And possible hacking Trojan!! I downloaded the wallet, a few days later my PC acted as is some took control of it. So I thought to uninstall the program, but the wallet blocks uninstallation. Very scammy coin!! Beware!!
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:51:36 PM

I have seen other ICO's that don't disclose who is behind the project. I just pass on them since in most cases all you have to go on to determine if the project is likely to succeed is the track record of the people involved.

namjar

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:54:36 PM

I dont see that "having a team" or just "showing the face of the team" is the only thing that makes a project succesfull..

I have seen other ICO's that don't disclose who is behind the project. I just pass on them since in most cases all you have to go on to determine if the project is likely to succeed is the track record of the people involved.

This is just pure crap, there aren't many projects who are not showing the real faces because the community is always blaming on them and saying that they will fail just because they dont put faces.

What if a family of two grandma's and a guy create a revolutionary idea? If they publish their faces, everybody is going to say that they are unable to develop it because they have no previous records.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
aliman00

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:57:43 PM

Yeah I'm gonna call BS on this thread too... Yeah I'm invested into deep onion but nothing but my time... So far I have received DeepOnion 2 times a week and with current price of 4+$ i'm almost 2000$ in plus on my portfolio all thanks to Deep Onion. So if this is their way of scaming me by giving me Deep Onion and I can actually make a buck out of it... Then by all means... scam the crap out of me because I'm enjoy it and every minute of it Smiley

I'm sorry you guys either got banned or didn't make it into airdrop....

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:59:06 PM

OP's comment is like complaining about a dish that's too salty, completely ignoring that the whole dish is made out of warm dog turd.

DeepOnion is a 100% premined bullshit, centralized, useless noob-trap scam and you're talking about the devs being unknown.

I strongly belive that a coin is much better off if the devs are unknown (e.g. Bitcoin) because that means the coin doesn't have any personalities and politics and all that unecessary drama that comes with a person attached to it.

So your post almost comes down as a reverse troll post. Almost. That is if the average DeepOnion investor wasn't completely clueless crypto-wise.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Freegan

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:02:14 AM

I believe that this type of complaints loses its validity when the person who utters them was deeply committed to the project, and after being found carrying out suspicious activities, he was banned from the community.

So until now all this kind of things seem to be of importance to you? I see that there are thousands of altcoins in the cryptouniverse and you have given yourself the task of comparing DeepOnion with all the other altcoins to reach this conclusion?

And if someday they decided to "go with the money", I remind you that DeepOnion was distributed free, and in that case there would be thousands of users benefited with a good amount of dollars without any investment.
fibroid

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:23:51 AM

This is a scam coin!! And possible hacking Trojan!! I downloaded the wallet, a few days later my PC acted as is some took control of it. So I thought to uninstall the program, but the wallet blocks uninstallation. Very scammy coin!! Beware!!
You kidding? Really??
I was hoping to get a airdrop
onionboy (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:43:03 AM

I believe that this type of complaints loses its validity when the person who utters them was deeply committed to the project, and after being found carrying out suspicious activities, he was banned from the community.

So until now all this kind of things seem to be of importance to you? I see that there are thousands of altcoins in the cryptouniverse and you have given yourself the task of comparing DeepOnion with all the other altcoins to reach this conclusion?

And if someday they decided to "go with the money", I remind you that DeepOnion was distributed free, and in that case there would be thousands of users benefited with a good amount of dollars without any investment.

Im talking about Deep Onion because I have had experience with it now, so speaking from experience. I have no experience with the other said coins, so not commenting on it.

When I first discovered DO I was impressed and it seamed like a good community, until a couple of weeks down the track.

If you are talking about how I was given permission to develop the site and then had it reported and was called a scammer by the same people whom gave permission. I contact support/admin and asked if I could create a site prior to starting to help people who didn't have the skills to invest in cryptocurrency to be able to get involved. I was told I could develop any site I wanted, so did.

A friend on mine pointed out a forum post were it made accusations of me being a scammer and other members even got on the bandwagon without the actual truth. So yes, have lost faith in a community that I at one time had faith in. And am also now suspicious of why that was done to me when I seeked permission, was given permission and now people like yourself have made your own views without really understanding what was behind the whole debacle.  https://imgur.com/a/8b3LQ

Deep Onion was not distributed free to everyone, thats also not true. If it is free, whats the point of the whole project, and why are people buying and selling them?

onionboy (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:00:07 AM

Just for the record, I have had the wallet installed, maybe got 10-20 onions in airdrops over a month after investing time earning deep points, but have not had any issues with the wallet being installed in regards to Virsus or Trojans at all. I'm assuming it may be something else causing you those issues on your PC other than the DO wallet.
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:53:03 AM

Are you not also hiding your real identity right now? I don't think this is your main Bitcointalk account name and i suspect you are probably still involved with collecting onions from there deeppoints system. Maybe that is why you got banned, didn't anyone ever tell you "don't bite that hand that feeds you". I collected some onions from deeppoints, and i sold them and changed it into bitcoin and i will do the same this week and the next. So how is it a scam when i get bitcoin every single week for writing messages similar to this one except on there forum?

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: