Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:51:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex bad customer service!!!  (Read 177 times)
Aristocat02 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:31:34 PM

On 5th of Dec, my internet provider changed my router IP address.
As a consequence, I was locked-out of my BITFINEX account as well as of my BITSO account.
It took 6 minutes to put this new IP address on the BITSO whitelist, however my ticket to BITFINEX helpdesk is now 30 hrs old and no reply yet!
This is totally unacceptable, and the worst "customer service" I have ever experienced in 1 year of trading!!!

Does anybody else have similar experience with BITFINEX "customer service"? Please share your adventures and reply to my post.
Tx,
Aristocat02
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:34:32 PM

They have a bad customer support, but they are not thiefs, they are not going to steal your money in there, not yet.

Maybe they have a bad support, but they are the only exchange that is online that is never going to steal your money, bittrex has a shitty support too but they are scamming out a lot of people, the same is happening with poloniex right now, their support is shit too.

They will answer, but just be patient, all the wallet providers and exchanges are collapsed because of the last pump of bitcoin. It is now on $14200 and this is making the whole world be crazy about it.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:44:41 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 11:56:37 PM by nexus2k14

As a consequence, I was locked-out of my BITFINEX account as well as of my BITSO account.
It took 6 minutes to put this new IP address on the BITSO whitelist, however my ticket to BITFINEX helpdesk is now 30 hrs old and no reply yet!
This is totally unacceptable, and the worst "customer service" I have ever experienced in 1 year of trading!!!

Does anybody else have similar experience with BITFINEX "customer service"? Please share your adventures and reply to my post.
Tx,
Aristocat02

There is so many complain about basically any existing exchange: Poloniex, Bittrex, HitBTC and so on. I personally for ERC20 Tokens use EtherDelta, maybe is not the best out there, speed is slow, sometimes very very slow but is decentralised and you can see this once you master a bit complicated interface is a nice small exchange that does what is suppose to do. Bitfinex have good reviews, I didn't hear about bad experience with this exchange, I will say wait a little bit longer around 48h for a response and see what happened.
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.bitfinex.com - 4/5 stars - 10 reviews

Aristocat02 I had few weeks ago dispute with Livecoin exchange (send Tokens to wrong address), and I took them 48h to resolve my issue, I recovered my Tokens too only paid small fee for technical support to recover.
Aristocat02 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:35:54 AM

"They will answer, but just be patient"
Sorry, my friend, I am not a philosopher, I am a trader.
Trading happens in seconds and minutes, not in days!!!
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:10:39 AM

"They will answer, but just be patient"
Sorry, my friend, I am not a philosopher, I am a trader.
Trading happens in seconds and minutes, not in days!!!

True... There is always the element of being timely when you are trading cryptos because if deposits or trades don't get executed on the time that the trader wants, the coin could potentially skyrocket during the time that it takes for the exchange to clear out some stuff.

Though, this obviously is a mesaure to protect you as well to begin with. Without saying, it's a measure to protect you from hackers that try to access your account remotely.

Since you already have this problem, all you can do is wait. If you're not satisfied, vote with your dollar and don't come back next time and leave a bad review.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:53:55 AM

Why are you using an IP whitelist? Too many things can go wrong. If your router dies and needs to be replaced, this will change your IP address. With options like UDP and TOTP authorization in addition to email authentication, I just don't see the value in IP whitelisting.

With some exchanges like BTC-e, I've seen people locked out for weeks over this (if they could even manage to get through to support). I can't comment on Bitfinex, personally. I left after the hack last year and never returned.

They have a bad customer support, but they are not thiefs, they are not going to steal your money in there, not yet.

Maybe they have a bad support, but they are the only exchange that is online that is never going to steal your money

After their reaction to Bitfinex'd and the community concerns over Tether, I'm more wary of this exchange by the day. Instead of providing the audits we all want to see, they continue to evade and are now threatening critics with lawsuits. That comes off very shady.

I also lost money in the hack last year, and I certainly don't feel I was "repaid" by their debt token scheme....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: