Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:00:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think is the best and the most profitable mining opportunities in the coming year?  (Voting closed: December 14, 2017, 12:33:07 AM)
Cloud Mining - 0 (0%)
Hardware Mining - 13 (76.5%)
I'll stick to staking. - 0 (0%)
Waiting for something new. - 4 (23.5%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of mining. Cloud or Hardware?  (Read 389 times)
Tendo (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 12:33:08 AM

Mining is still one of the best ways to make free coins out there with minimal effort. Do you think mining will evolve with alts? Will cloud mining be the most profitable? Or will building your own Enigma unit in your back yard be your goal?
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:38:00 AM

Hardware mining will always be the best way to mine.  There is no way a cloud mining setup will beat mining with your own equipment.
halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:09:53 AM

of course hardware mining will stay the same or will get better there are so many coins and as long as they stay profitable miners will buy more rigs and mine them keeping their chain stronger and decentralized.
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 07:46:02 AM

Well. The hardware mining seems obsolete with the difficulty level going so high for almost all the worthy coins. the electricity bill overflows the profits earned from mining and other hardware maintenance charges put it to serious negative side. So i am actually looking for something new, something more technical rather then just switching on a rig.
Good_Boy

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:23:49 AM

Cloud mining can be a good option, if the organization can be trusted. Now there is no such organization
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:26:56 AM

I beg to differ. Hardware mining will always be here to stay. Decentralization is an important factor that many people in the cryptocurrency world hold in high regard. Heck, it was even created to steer things away from centralized control. While its true that corporate mining facilities make it harder on the home miner but there have always been ways to get around this. New coins, new algorithms, new hardware. People have been saying #miningisdead for years, yet still here we are.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:54:32 AM

Cloud has never been in the running. Ever.
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:57:39 AM

Cloud has never been in the running. Ever.

I completely agree. Cloud mining is absurd.

Own, operate, and oversee your own hardware.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:07:50 AM

Hardware mining will always be the best way to mine.  There is no way a cloud mining setup will beat mining with your own equipment.
Yes i agree with you, mining hardware is best choice for getting the coins than getting the coins from cloud mining services, we can not get full control of our hardware, unfortunately between cloud mining and hardware mining always there are risk losing the coins in them include hardware mining and right now the pool of bitcoin mining has been hacked around 4449 bitcoin was gone check this news https://news.bitcoin.com/nicehash-mining-pool-allegedly-hacked-accused-of-losing-4449-btc-us60m/ so always becareful when choose the pool of bitcoin mining.
paulo013

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:34:53 AM

Here in my country gpu mining or hardware mining is not profitable because of the high price of electricity. In cloudmining im trying to do but i dont think if is profitable also. Looking forward for new update for hardware mining specially here in my country. With high cost of electricity.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:46:39 AM

Of course, Mining use hardware is the best choice. But most importantly we can learn about the hardware that mining can use. So, we can know choose the types of motherboard, PSUs, GPU types

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1631

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 09:51:26 AM

ASIC resistant hardware mining is the backbone of decentralization, an essential feature of all serious crypto currencies, maybe followed by Proof of Stake if it can also be accomplished in a fair and decentralized way that doesn't penalize the individual miner.

baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:01:06 AM

ASIC resistant hardware mining is the backbone of decentralization, an essential feature of all serious crypto currencies, maybe followed by Proof of Stake if it can also be accomplished in a fair and decentralized way that doesn't penalize the individual miner.

Totally agree with u.

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
Tendo (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 07:08:17 PM

I feel like Hardware and POS are the best as well. I think it is interesting seeing everyone's views on it to see if I can maybe come up with something better. Who knows what will evolve from crypto, time will tell.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: