Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:24:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash hacked!  (Read 329 times)
SerbianMiner (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:15:55 AM

Unfornatelly, 60.000.000$ was hacked on 7th December and all transactions are stopped on NiceHash :: https://www.nicehash.com

http://www.pcgamer.com/nicehash-was-hacked-potentially-for-as-much-as-60-million/

Huh Huh

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:07:59 AM

Unfornatelly, 60.000.000$ was hacked on 7th December and all transactions are stopped on NiceHash :: https://www.nicehash.com

http://www.pcgamer.com/nicehash-was-hacked-potentially-for-as-much-as-60-million/

Huh Huh

Yes indeed, but on their site there is actually no official figure. They just say that they have been hacked, their bitcoin wallets breached and compromised and that is pretty much it. They haven't mentioned any amounts or whether or not their cold wallets are compromised as well.

So yeah, there is still hope for investors. But not much imo.

This is why chasing small profits can lead to big time losses sometimes, best to buy your own equipment if you're seriously into mining.

Smiley
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:22:21 AM

Bad luck for all investors. Hope that damage isn't too big afterall and that NiceHash will be able to cover this without biger consequences. But this is bad for their reputation also and the damage has been done. Hackers threat is always present, more and more with time and that is one of the reasons why I avoid this type of investment. Too much risk for not such a tempting profit. And too much scam sites so actualy you can never be sure.

malaj
arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 815

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:52:29 AM

Huh Huh

Hacked? when the price of bitcoin price is surging? nah I doubt it, It was their excuse to exit and scam the people who invested on their scam site, And many hyips use that word as their exit plan so people should think more and better to be vigilant on this Nicehash has been fallen and greed overcome them now. 60,000,000$ is huge money and the scammers are slowly enjoying it now.

Bad luck for all investors. Hope that damage isn't too big afterall and that NiceHash will be able to cover this without biger consequences. But this is bad for their reputation also and the damage has been done. Hackers threat is always present, more and more with time and that is one of the reasons why I avoid this type of investment. Too much risk for not such a tempting profit. And too much scam sites so actualy you can never be sure.

Totally badluck for those people who reinvested or newly invested on them since they cannot recover now what is lost from that site, and cloudmining type of investment is not very ideal to invest on right now since we cannot guarantee to earn but instead huge chances for us to get scam.

demith

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:06:08 AM

I mine on nicehash and even invest it. Its sad they got hacked when i got nothing
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:37:20 AM

Bad luck for all investors.
Don't forget about those miners that are using them and trusted with their service. But this case is hard to believe that they were caught by an hacker, if they are telling the truth exposing it before will lead their users to panic. I had some friends that are using them and didn't withdraw their funds as they have weekly threshold and day for withdrawals too bad for them. NiceHack!
Doctor.Strange

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:02:47 AM

$60m is not an official figure, officially is not known yet.

Importantly, our payment system was compromised and the contents of the NiceHash Bitcoin wallet have been stolen. We are working to verify the precise number of BTC taken.

NiceHash seems to be a trusted site but I don't think they can scam for few hundred bitcoins what they can make by fee each month.

It will be back hopefully, I'm also a member of it.
DrYM

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:11:47 PM

This thing could totally destroy NiceHash. Completely. This could be a Mt.Gox size fiasco. If it was really hacked, I doubt if the hackers will be "kind enough" to give it back...
Potent

Activity: 241

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:00:28 PM

Guys forget the scammers and come here ...

www.miningrigrentals.com
Doctor.Strange

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:50:37 PM

This thing could totally destroy NiceHash. Completely. This could be a Mt.Gox size fiasco. If it was really hacked, I doubt if the hackers will be "kind enough" to give it back...

Thy won't give a f**king dime back, who is kind enough to return back the bitcoin.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:02:43 AM

www.miningrigrentals.com

Have the decency and stop pushing another mining site. People have lost enough already.

I mine on nicehash and even invest it. Its sad they got hacked when i got nothing

If you have been on this forum before investing in nicehash you must have seen the warnings. Nobody knew they were going to get hacked but we all knew it was a shady business like all other hash sellers. Keeping money there was as risky as gambling.

bit-emperor

Activity: 222

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:15:23 AM

nicehash is my favorite pool for mining with my gpus, i still have a little btc there , and now i think only minergate still trusted pool site for mining with gpus, hope minergate always be go on
Drixy

Activity: 168

reading.......

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:58:26 AM

www.miningrigrentals.com

Have the decency and stop pushing another mining site. People have lost enough already.

If you have been on this forum before investing in nicehash you must have seen the warnings. Nobody knew they were going to get hacked but we all knew it was a shady business like all other hash sellers. Keeping money there was as risky as gambling.

Yes it was and the security was not enough and the result was bad than expected never expected to be hacked although this scheme of so called hacked that it didnt happen many years ago from some discussions ive encountered.
kaya11

Activity: 1316
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:20:50 AM

Unfornatelly, 60.000.000$ was hacked on 7th December and all transactions are stopped on NiceHash ::

The theft got $78 million, nice hash CEO Marko Kobal already confirmed it. It's a sad tragedy never happened before. I am mining at Nicehash with my GPU too. This will serve a lesson to all and, tightening the security at all cost is a must should be considered not only to Nicehash company but t all Mining pool out there. Let's just hope they will caught the culprit and wait for further information.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:40:55 AM

It does seem a bit fishy explanation.

Pozz brate OP! Smiley

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: