Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:20:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Step by step guide to buying btc for the first time  (Read 327 times)
Zedge (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:23:39 AM

Can anyone give me a proper idiots guide to buying BTC please? I just want to buy some BTC and hopefully make some money as the value increases (I fully understand it could crash at any time and I would lose my money just like any other investments on the stock market). I do not want to use BTC as an everyday currency. I have a Mac laptop and an iPhone. I don’t have a second computer to use but I’m happy to buy a hardware wallet (though I don’t know which is best). Once I’ve bought it all how would I track the value? Is selling/exchangingas fast...like minutes or does it take days?
I thought I knew what to do then I started reading on this forum and I’m just getting more confused 😩

Super. Idiots. Guide. Like you’re explaining it to a 90 year old please....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
posterhebat

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 04:06:33 AM

Can anyone give me a proper idiots guide to buying BTC please? I just want to buy some BTC and hopefully make some money as the value increases (I fully understand it could crash at any time and I would lose my money just like any other investments on the stock market). I do not want to use BTC as an everyday currency. I have a Mac laptop and an iPhone. I don’t have a second computer to use but I’m happy to buy a hardware wallet (though I don’t know which is best). Once I’ve bought it all how would I track the value? Is selling/exchangingas fast...like minutes or does it take days?
I thought I knew what to do then I started reading on this forum and I’m just getting more confused 😩

first of all, you'll need to know how bitcoins it is, and how it works. so you can imagine what happen if you transfer bitcoin from your wallet to receiver wallet.

then, you need to know how exchange works, what is bid and ask, and how to read chart in the right way,

last, you pick a best online wallet which support your bank account, it depends on where you live actually, but i recommend for xapo online wallet

Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:09:05 AM

I'll recommend you ledger HW wallet. It's cheap and easy to use.

One of the most easiest way to purchase BTC is using coinbase. I don't think there is any detailed quide required. Just install the app, click buy and they will guide you how to proceed.
Maybe just add: when you will be using fiat, you have to count with delay due to KYC & AML regulations and reveal your identity (by uploading ID pic. or even making a selfie while holding your ID ... depends on exchange).
Alternative is to use localbitcoins ... there you can find sellers with same bank or even meet in person and trade for cash. It's much quicker (but be careful and deal only trusted sellers ... those with good feedback) 

If you keep bought BTCs in coinbase wallet you can sell them (and buy again) very quickly. But once you transfer them to HW wallet you would need to move them back to exchange for sale ( which costs you additional fees and time). So it's upt to you.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

Rodrigo Santos

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:29:28 AM

You can start reading some information about buy and sell bitcoins at the BitcoinWiki: Buying Bitcoins (the newbie version).
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:43:02 AM

Can anyone give me a proper idiots guide to buying BTC please?
Register on exchange like gemini/bitstamp/bitfinex/kraken etc.
Sent there some of ur currency like $.
Then exchange it it BTC.
Sent BTC from exchange anywhere safe, ur wallet, on smartphone or on PC or hardware wallet. I recomment electrum or multibit as software wallet.
Now u have BTC on ur address and u can use it anyway u want. Buy smth or hold.
badjacks99

Activity: 1050
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:47:33 AM

I Would recommend for a first time buyer to buy from coinbase.com Create your account, by providing all the correct information. Then link you bank account to your coinbase account. Once connected you can buy and sell bitcoin as you please, although I think there is a daily limit on how much you can buy/sell. Its all very simple, you said you have a smartphone? download the app it works very well and is super simple. If you have any problems I believe they have live support. As far as checking current bitcoin prices, simply go to preev.com that's what I use.
zlate.mada

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:49:27 AM

I was in the same situation as you are. All wallets didn’t accepted my bank account so I tough I. ant buy. But I discovered cex.io, a trading platform and wallet. I dont say is the most trustable, but the deposit is easy only with credit card. After ypu buy ypur btc you cand withdraw them into one secure wallet.
component9

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:05:48 PM

You can also trade on Local Bitcoins - https://localbitcoins.com/
btsjungkook

Activity: 333
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:27:54 PM

This is the basic step to buying btc.
Step 1: Find a good Bitcoin wallet.
Step 2: Choose the right Bitcoin exchange.
Step 3: Select your payment method.
Step 4: Buy some Bitcoin and store them in your wallet.
Step 5: Start doing something with Bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: