Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:25:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A little guidance for a newb coming off NiceHash? Pretty please :P  (Read 211 times)
SuperDerpBro (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:52:49 AM

I tested out NiceHash for a while on one card. Then i bought another. Satisfied that it worked i went and spent a bunch of money on a modest 4 1060 rig. Everything was going OK and just before my first $160 (CAD) payment towards the rig's ROI.. Fucking RIP Nicehash. Spent a bunch of money on nothing more than increasing my power bill lol.

Where do i go from here? Winminer sucks. It's current balance ALWAYS seems way too low, it's always doing something weird, not using any/all my GPUs, or not even fucking running at all when i go check. :/

I am aware you can just mine directly but even looking at whattomine.com.. I'm not even sure which to use. After watching NiceHash switch every few mins for weeks it seems like a real waste to pick a coin and mine it for weeks alone. Also, if say you switched yourself every few hours.. it would take forever to get an actual payout on nanopool, for example..

WUT DO?   Huh Huh Huh Huh
Plant Power

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:02:14 AM

Lookup multi algo miners.. some have auto-downloaders for the mining software.. some pools will autoexchange (for a fee) to BTC or another coin of your choice.. Nemo's is my preference but go with whatever floats your bitcoin boat.. I've got some 1060 in my collection so message me if you want a hand Smiley
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 728
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 06:10:46 AM

After watching NiceHash switch every few mins for weeks it seems like a real waste to pick a coin and mine it for weeks alone. Also, if say you switched yourself every few hours.. it would take forever to get an actual payout on nanopool, for example..

Well that's what you're going to do. Pick a coin. Maybe ethereum (if you have amd ) or zcash (if you have nvidia) or maybe even monero. And you keep mining that coin.

These coins go up in price from time to time. So you need to mine and hold your coins and sell at a much higher price than the current price. You will actually notice that you earn way more.
But before jumping onto a coin make your calculations and see how much the hashrate of your card is on different algos and insert the hashrate in whattomine.
SuperDerpBro (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:58:29 AM

Thanks guys. And i might take you up on that Plant Power.

In terms a zcash wallets which has the most control over fees when i want to send to an exchange and sell? Is the Coinmi one ok to use on blustacks?

EDIT: Is it a bad idea to mine directly into my Ledger Nano S?
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:40:34 AM

Thanks guys. And i might take you up on that Plant Power.

In terms a zcash wallets which has the most control over fees when i want to send to an exchange and sell? Is the Coinmi one ok to use on blustacks?

EDIT: Is it a bad idea to mine directly into my Ledger Nano S?

check on the manufacters website for the ledger nano S, but it should be okay

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: