Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:45:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many Forks will come in next 5 months? Is forks are good for bitcoin?  (Read 236 times)
akashark (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:59:09 AM

What's up everyone?

Actually i want to know that how many Forks will come in next 5 months? 3 or 5 or more? Now, Bitcoin price almost 15k usd, if forks happen then will bitcoin dump highly? I mean is forks are bad for bitcoin price?

Please answer me. Thank You

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:04:36 AM

There are no upcoming Bitcoin forks that are worth your time. But you can rest assured that there will be many shitcoins created by hard forks that will have no effect on Bitcoin and its price whatsoever.
Forks are important because it allows anyone to make changes to the Bitcoin protocol as long as there is enough support. Obviously no fork thus far has gathered enough consensus to be really impactful and/or replace Bitcoin.

It's also not possible to know how many forks there will be because there might be some that haven't been announced yet.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 06:19:07 AM

Actually i want to know that how many Forks will come in next 5 months? 3 or 5 or more? Now, Bitcoin price almost 15k usd, if forks happen then will bitcoin dump highly? I mean is forks are bad for bitcoin price?

The first Bitcoin hard fork (well it's technically not the first one but I guess it's the first one you ever heard about) had a lot of attention and a lot of people talking about it. It was even regarded as the reason the price of btc went down just before the fork happened as they feared that btc was going to get dumped or anything similar.

But was happened was the complete opposite. After the fork, btc started going up in price so a lot of people gained back some trust and started buying back in. Simultaneously bitcoin cash was going up as well. It kept gaining value and that's the time everyone took the decision that a fork is actually worth it as it's free money.

Then came bitcoin gold with the exact opposite. People learned from their mistakes and actually instead of selling, they all bought btc just for the fork. And it actually paid off as it kept going up to $400. But right now, they turned into some kind of joke/trend. Remeber the erc-20 token trend ? Kinda the same thing. Announcing so many forks that are mainly money grabs and nothing more hoping that the inclusion of the word "bitcoin" in their names will get them some money. They're no longer useful or worth it and actually the community understands that very well and don't care about them any more.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:37:21 AM

What's up everyone?
bitcoin adoption and price, that is up Wink

Actually i want to know that how many Forks will come in next 5 months? 3 or 5 or more?
currently there are at least 4 altcoins scheduled to be created in December (this month). and as we go on, there will be a lot more. possibly even 50 in the following couple of months. but soon enough they will all die and disappear and this form of forking bitcoin will be forgotten specially since starting from a 150 GB blockchain is very hard!

Now, Bitcoin price almost 15k usd, if forks happen then will bitcoin dump highly? I mean is forks are bad for bitcoin price?
forks like these (bitcoin Diamond, silver, ...) are bullshit, they won't have any effect on bitcoin. nobody even cares about them. the coins were distributed 1:100 for each bitcoin and that shit is worth about 30000 satoshi after a massive pump. these things can not even put a dent in bitcoin price.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:43:40 AM

I can not predict for the next 5 months how many forks will happen. because it is the work of the system to update the application.
usually we will get a notification via vip bitcoin if it will happen fork.
certainly fork affect the price of bitcoin, usually bitcoin will go down, but not down drastically. at most little. keep in mind that that makes the bitcoin price down not just fork. but many other causes can make bitcoin prices down.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: