Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:54:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptopia and their outrageous withdrawal charges and delay in depositing  (Read 275 times)
marcusedore (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:35:56 AM

MY LETTER TO THEM:

I want to know why it takes too much time for a deposit to start reflecting on the "Available balance" column of users wallet. Secondly, i want to appeal please cut down on their withdrawal charges per withdrawal. It is very inconsiderate of the Cryptopia team to overcharge users on their withdrawals. If you continue like this you may lose all your customers gradually, i am planning to stop using your site, you charge unreasonably and delays too much to have a users deposit show on the "Available balance" column in his wallet. This is too bad of you!

Has any one had this issues with them too?

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:03:14 AM

you forgot to mention what coin?

as for deposits i know there are some shitcoins with broken blockchain, no/very little hashrate which are susceptible to 51% attacks and these attacks to happen sometimes on these coins. that means losing a lot of money for the exchange if they accept low number of confirmations so they increase it for such coins.
it is normal for big coins like bitcoin(2), litecoin(6), dogecoin(6), GBYTE(1) ... unless of course there is some issues with any chain like the August fork of bitcoin.

as for withdrawals, the withdrawal fees they use for most coins that i have checked is not higher then the fees other exchanges use. maybe some of them a little higher but not by a lot which means calling it "outrageous" is a little unfair. for example it is 0.002BTC for bitcoin which is the same as bittrex IIRC and c-cex and couple of others. it could have been smaller and should be a little smaller.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:31:24 AM

Which coin are you talking about exactly. It's obvious if you deposit shitcoins then that would take a very long time to reflect in the wallet.
I have been using cryptopia for quite a long time now and it has never given me trouble. There was a deposit issue once but once i mailed them it was solved within 24 hrs. The withdraw charges are a little bit more than other exchanges but then it is not too much. If you want to transfer the coins between exchanges then you should buy coins like Doge, DGB, XRP etc.. and then transfer them to other exchange and then convert them back to BTC. This will save you the transaction fee Grin
sandy8800

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:57:40 AM

I don;t thinks there is any major difference in fees. As far as delay is concerned, its mostly due to block chain network of coin. Some coins take more time to transfer between accounts due to network load.
marcusedore (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:02:57 AM

It was bitcoin i deposited and its almost 24 hours now it has still not show on "Available". I have written to their support and still waiting for replies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: