Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:41:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today Jul10-2013, soon we will witness an extremely high jump in difficulty  (Read 3394 times)
goxed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:48:48 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 07:07:55 PM by goxed

Jump from 21.3 to 26.1 Million, 22.5%
Signs of things to come. The ASIC floodgates have been released.
This is a result of continuous ~1.02X daily mining growth.
I estimate that in 4 months (October 2013) Difficulty with be 10X of today's difficulty somewhere between 250 - 300 Million.

So please be very aware before spending those coins Wink

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:29:27 AM

1% growth is fine, for the next 6 months or so. I doubt it will grow that fast in a year or two.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 01:32:32 AM

I'm watching with popcorn.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:32:43 AM

Boom.
Even my pessimistic 1.5% growth per day is proving too optimistic.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
EvilLizardApparel

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:27:01 AM

I estimate that in 4 months (October 2013) Difficulty with be 10X of today's difficulty somewhere between 250 - 300 Million.

I thought 150,000,000 around November...you really think 250-300million by October?
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:57:36 AM

26.2Million. Nice.

mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:24:42 AM

It's not going to be anywhere near that high by October. I predict it will be somewhere around 50 million by then.

Here is why not:

- Butterfly Labs is shipping very slowly. They are not going to get through their backlog of preorders in 90 days like they promised. They probably won't even get through 25% of their pre-orders in 90 days. They are shipping very few singles and seem to have completely stopped shipping jalapenos
- Avalon batch #2 is done shipping now I believe. Batch #3 will likely ship soon, but there isn't likely be a batch #4. Batch #3 isn't really that many machines (compared to BFL pre-orders at least).
- Avalon chips look like they might be delayed too. And I believe people are underestimating how long it will take to get the first Avalon clones working and how long it will take to get them built and shipped in any significant quantities. We probably won't see them in large numbers until October at least.
- KNC might actually ship on time, but they aren't due to start until Sept or Oct. Anything could delay them and I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't ship until the end of the year.
- ASIC Miner will continue to ship their miners but even if they drop their prices, they are less attractive now because of the recent difficulty increases. ASIC Miner themselves will only add mining power as necessary to hover around 25-30% of the world hashrate.

I just don't see where 10 times the current hash power is going to come from in the next 3-4 months to get the difficulty that high.

Doubling is likely, but not 10+ times.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:19:02 AM

It's not going to be anywhere near that high by October. I predict it will be somewhere around 50 million by then.

Here is why not:

- Butterfly Labs is shipping very slowly. They are not going to get through their backlog of preorders in 90 days like they promised. They probably won't even get through 25% of their pre-orders in 90 days. They are shipping very few singles and seem to have completely stopped shipping jalapenos
- Avalon batch #2 is done shipping now I believe. Batch #3 will likely ship soon, but there isn't likely be a batch #4. Batch #3 isn't really that many machines (compared to BFL pre-orders at least).
- Avalon chips look like they might be delayed too. And I believe people are underestimating how long it will take to get the first Avalon clones working and how long it will take to get them built and shipped in any significant quantities. We probably won't see them in large numbers until October at least.
- KNC might actually ship on time, but they aren't due to start until Sept or Oct. Anything could delay them and I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't ship until the end of the year.
- ASIC Miner will continue to ship their miners but even if they drop their prices, they are less attractive now because of the recent difficulty increases. ASIC Miner themselves will only add mining power as necessary to hover around 25-30% of the world hashrate.

I just don't see where 10 times the current hash power is going to come from in the next 3-4 months to get the difficulty that high.

we wish to everything you're right except the thing is that....its inevidable that the difficulty will hit an exponential growth rate specifically when market forces allow mining companies to have plenty of stock to sell.  I'd have like 10 miners by now if I could because of the returns on it...like the person above said, its sort of controlled at the moment as companies race to make a superior asic...bfl will probably show a large jump soon I think we are being naive to think they will stay slow forever...if they can show an impressive turnaround they will have repeat purchases.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:29:40 AM

ASICMINER is ordering 800 - 1000 TH of hashpower this year. Of course they are going to sell them for cheap.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:35:25 PM

ASICMINER is ordering 800 - 1000 TH of hashpower this year. Of course they are going to sell them for cheap.
ASICMiner? Cheap? We talking about the same company? They've gouged customer's wallets at every corner, so I doubt they will be "cheap".

mgio

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:01:27 PM

No, they won't. They are too smart for that.

Every miner they sell competes with their own mining operation.

It makes sense for them to sell them for as much as they can to the people that can't do math in order to keep their own mining operation profitable.
mgio

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:02:57 PM

Here is why not:

we wish to everything you're right except the thing is that....its inevidable that the difficulty will hit an exponential growth rate specifically when market forces allow mining companies to have plenty of stock to sell.  I'd have like 10 miners by now if I could because of the returns on it...like the person above said, its sort of controlled at the moment as companies race to make a superior asic...bfl will probably show a large jump soon I think we are being naive to think they will stay slow forever...if they can show an impressive turnaround they will have repeat purchases.

What mining company has plenty of stock to sell?

None of them do. None of them have ANY stock right now in fact. ASIC Miner will begin shipping again soon shortly but neither BFL nor Avalon have excess stock they can sell now. It's all just pre-orders.

I don't doubt that we are going to see a huge jump in difficulty. I just don't think it is going to happen in the next 3 months.
goxed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:15:27 AM

I guess my predictions were not too off Wink

jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:10:14 AM

^^^^^^ Word!

Listen to the OP, people! Difficulty will be around 300 Million by the end of the 2013.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:53:05 AM

Last diff went from 31 M to 37 M.

We're headed towards 31 M jump in a single difficulty adjustment soon.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:14:19 PM

Next difficulty estimated at 44 million so far, it's still some number of days away so could get a bit higher even.  Could see quite a nice jump this time.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
NR3000

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:03:57 PM

will be 47m.. 10m jump Shocked

Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:18:22 AM

On the upside, the next halving day will come sooner.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:23:20 PM

On the upside, the next halving day will come sooner.

NOOOOO! Don't talk about this, nobody wants to hear about this because there is no answer to what happens to Bitcoin when mining ROI suddenly takes a 50% hit. Cheesy
goxed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:58:19 PM

I guess my predictions were not too off Wink

It's increasing pretty much as I predicted.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: