Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:47:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another hack, learned the lesson yet?  (Read 268 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:38:16 AM

You might already know that NiceHash got hacked and over $60 million were stolen. That probably wouldn't happen If people withdrew their funds on at least weekly basis. The price is increasing at the moment so we might see more inside jobs or hacks in the future, even for small sites. I'm asking for everyone to withdraw their funds from online services where they don't control their private keys and put them somewhere safer (Electrum, Mycelium,Ledger nano S, Trezor, Paper wallet etc.)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:39:58 AM

It's better to store bitcoins on hard drives at home
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:49:51 AM

Everyone is aware but all still rely on exchanges and even the above mentioned wallets aren't truly safe if the users keep installing malicious software or access phishing websites. I myself lost my coins from blockchain wallet as I installed an unknown altcoin wallet on my machine and since then I've stopped installing any unknown software. These exchange websites need to have some kinda insurance like coinbase has so that they atleast can pay back their users.

severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:56:02 AM

From all I know nicehash is some kind of a cloudmining site.
Sure, for the customers that lose money it is an unfortunate thing.
But I think from time to time, people and businesses need a warning not to let down their guard. Otherwise they become careless.
I prefer that this warning comes by the hack of a not so important site.
The consequences we all would face if the hack occured at an exchange would be much bigger.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:57:56 AM

You might already know that NiceHash got hacked and over $60 million were stolen. That probably wouldn't happen If people withdrew their funds on at least weekly basis. The price is increasing at the moment so we might see more inside jobs or hacks in the future, even for small sites. I'm asking for everyone to withdraw their funds from online services where they don't control their private keys and put them somewhere safer (Electrum, Mycelium,Ledger nano S, Trezor, Paper wallet etc.)
I agree with this suggesting to make withdrawal of bitcoin from the pool of mining especially for the miners of digital coins and always put the bitcoin on cold storage of wallet, usually the new people who know about the bitcoin and doesn't know about the risk losing the bitcoin are always blame the bitcoin, the pool of mining, the exchangers and everything, it must be taken by all of us as the community of bitcoin and digital coins always becareful with our coins and we must learn to how make secure our digital coins.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1862
Merit: 427

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 09:00:01 AM

Yes thank you for the warning I think I should take my money off spectrocoin since I hear negativity surrounding it, Who knows if they will use this as an excuse to hack their own site.  Thanks again for making me think of it.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:00:44 AM

I think everyone knows by now that you should keep your coins in your wallets and not in exchanges. However, when you want to do some quick trading or get into some buy/sell actions, the high transaction fees and times prevent you from doing that. But in any case, you should always keep your coins offline, you never know what will happen when your money is in exchanges.

Rabiulawal12

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:03:41 AM

Yes this is really a bad news. Now a day's hacking
is so much advance ,and our money is not safe anymore in our online wallets.
Only the solution is we safe our funds in Nano ledger wallet . I hope every one take lesson from this huge disaster.
Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:13:12 AM

People never learn. That is the fact we cannot deny. People invest in ICOs, they ended up scammed. Why? Because they do not even read whitepapers. But by the next time they invest in ICOs, do they already read whitepapers? Still not. The same is true with wallets. Sometimes, people even hold Bitcoins and altcoins using exchange wallets which are basically very unsafe because they do not even have the control on it. And yet until now they are still doing it. And whining.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:13:28 AM

Maybe because the value of the amount at stake here is not enough to gather attention and the increase in price of bitcoin is diverting people from the atrocities that has been committed here because its only people that have kept their funds on this platform will bear the brunt of their failure to take heed to several warnings especially when the price of bitcoin is reaching new height and the lamentations begins of how he would have been richer if not of the hacks.

Unfortunately, people will still fall prey of the next hack and the warnings about not keep funds on electronic platforms will still come again  and again but those who will listen should listen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: