Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:32:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will etherum overload stop  (Read 416 times)
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:50:32 PM

IDK, cryptokitties make Ethereum network congestion
Some markets stops widthdrawal and deposit on Ethereum network
I Transfers my balance from delta to mywallet still pending and not arrive, maybe rejected by blockchain
Now, ethereum have 19130 Pending txns and ~700.000 transaction per day

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:51:36 PM

I see at this time still 19k delayed transaction in etherscan, but transaction is not dominated again by cryptokitties. Transactions are still crowded and the network is not yet stable. Until when we have to wait for this problem can be resolved
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:54:43 PM

In the course of this question it is difficult to answer accurately, you just have to wait. But it seems to me, because of this situation, the price for Ethereum can affect, if the problem is not eliminated in the near future.
andrii.povkh

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:02:00 PM

Cryptokitties is causing a lot of overload on etherum network, when will this stop?

This situation with Cryptokitties clearly shows I know nothing about the world around me. Who could have thought that stupid game will cause such a problems in ethereum network. This game could have easily be created without ethereum, but they chose to use it, maybe it was planned from the very beginning.
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:14:40 PM

They need to do a hardfork. There isn't many options
tharindukw96

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:41:04 PM

According to ETH Gas Station, the CryptoKitties game accounts for over 10% of network traffic on Ethereum. As traffic increases, transactions become more expensive to execute quickly.

"The real big issue is other major players looking for alternatives to Ethereum and moving to different systems," Mr Hileman said.

"There's definitely an urgency for Ethereum to try and address this issue."
Kayeshlyn

Activity: 294
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:47:15 PM

Ethereum blockchain is really congested right now due to crypto-kitties. However, if you're in a bit urgent for trading, you can set your gas up to 50 gwei. Cost around 3-6$ per transaction. Not pretty sure on it. Unfortunately, Ethereum blockchain will be fixed in the month of January. (No specific source, I just read it at my newsfeed.)
Alphredis

Activity: 201
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:57:09 PM

What are those cryptokitties you are talking about? Can someone explain it to me? Does this matter affects the transaction of all ethereum? If that so is this connected to Etherdelta? That makes me not be able to withdraw my eth.
Crypto-kitties is an blockchain based game where you can buy and sell cats for ETH. You can also pair some cats and so you will get new cats with new Gens.
Here is the official web site: https://www.cryptokitties.co

And here an Youtube Video from TenX

Phil419She

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:31:48 PM

Cryptokitties is causing a lot of overload on etherum network, when will this stop?

If one silly use case like cryptokitties is congesting ETH, I'd be VERY worried as an investor.

Totally agree with you on this one. As of now, it is putting too much hassle on ethereum and really, it is just one case. What if there will be more cryptopets in the future since this turned out to be successful? Hold much congestion and overload will eth have?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: