Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:49:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I know that the Bitcoin boat has sailed  (Read 15282 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 05:19:48 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 07:42:39 AM by hazek

Yes, another thread about the falling Bitcoin price.

I know the ship has sailed because I have finally put money into Bitcoins and every investment that I finally get around to making is at the end of its hayday.

Back in 2001 I finally bought some dotcom stock so that I could get in on the millions that everyone else had been making for the past few years...I had followed it closely from early on and finally bit the bullet and jumped in. That is when the dotcom bubble burst. I lost all of my investment.

I did see the gold thing skyrocketing back in 2005 so I knew that it would go up. So I dropped $20,000 in when it was $400 per ounce. Then my company, SAIC announced that they were going to IPO in a year and that they were offering employees share purchases up to $20,000. So I waited while gold JUMPED to $425 and sold sold sold...and put all of that money into SAIC's IPO at $42 per share which eventually split and dropped and I eventually got my money out at $18 per share.

Then came housing...I bought a house in 2007 at the height of the housing bubble. Fortunately I bought my house in Texas which was not as expensive as other places, needless to say, I lost money when I sold it 2 years later. I sold that house and bought a house in Florida...needless to say, the Florida market is not doing all that great right now.

I found out about BitCoins about a year ago and tried to get the mining to work on my computer but after it rebooted once it started coming up with errors so I gave up on trying to mine, back when a Bitcoin was worth less than a dollar.

I have always planned on getting some Bitcoins but just never got around to it...until this past week. I finally got money transferred through my Dwolla to MtGox and bought at $16.00 per BitCoin.

Expect BitCoin to now crumble like all of my other investments.

I have also been looking into land in Costa Rica...

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
natman3400

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

firstbits: 1nathana

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:23:39 PM

Gold is an exchange medium  that went up while you had it.
Bitcoin is an exchange medium....

Support the BitClip project:
http://bit.ly/vghQFK
Donate to bitclip: 1BCincd4sHM1ou5QcxZ4vc4hKzsxXCpQT
Dontate to me: 1NathanAubdutd4kW4VwfcEXEWvgkqEq7V
PGP key 1: http://goo.gl/TUIWe
PGP key 2: http://goo.gl/jrfaI
Proof both keys belong to me: http://goo.gl/dQSHl
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:27:04 PM

So its all your fault we're down to $15?

And for Chrisakes stay away from Costa Rica

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 05:29:26 PM

So its all your fault we're down to $15?

Yes...sorry

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
CNMOH

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:33:00 PM

Haha, wow, talk about bad luck. It would be funny if bitcoins crashed to $0.01 now. I'd totally blame you. You bastard.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:35:57 PM

Bitcoin is only getting started. The initial hype has sailed, and some air seems to be blowing out of the bubble, but note that it was never meant as an investment so that's ok with me.

I'm sure as soon as the services people are working on right now pop up, it'll get bigger again.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 05:40:18 PM

Bitcoin is only getting started. The initial hype has sailed, and some air seems to be blowing out of the bubble, but note that it was never meant as an investment so that's ok with me.

I'm sure as soon as the services people are working on right now pop up, it'll get bigger again.

I predict that to happen as soon as Elwar cashes in his/her bitcoins.

Still around.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:40:42 PM

I hope the prices keep dropping so I can BUY BUY BUY. You clowns will be sorry for selling so cheap in 3 years.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 05:41:53 PM

I predict that to happen as soon as Elwar cashes in his/her bitcoins.

lol

How about if I sell for a loss when it hits $14 for the good of the BitCoin community?

Smiley

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:43:02 PM

shoulda hung onto that gold.  whats it going for now? $1000?
dinzy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:52:55 PM

try 1500  Smiley

Bastet

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:53:47 PM

shoulda hung onto that gold.  whats it going for now? $1000?

Current price is $1478 and change
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:02:18 PM

I know the ship has sailed because I have finally put money into Bitcoins and every investment that I finally get around to making is at the end of its hayday.

Back in 2001 I finally bought some dotcom stock so that I could get in on the millions that everyone else had been making for the past few years...I had followed it closely from early on and finally bit the bullet and jumped in. That is when the dotcom bubble burst. I lost all of my investment.

I did see the gold thing skyrocketing back in 2005 so I knew that it would go up. So I dropped $20,000 in when it was $400 per ounce. Then my company, SAIC announced that they were going to IPO in a year and that they were offering employees share purchases up to $20,000. So I waited while gold JUMPED to $425 and sold sold sold...and put all of that money into SAIC's IPO at $42 per share which eventually split and dropped and I eventually got my money out at $18 per share.

Then came housing...I bought a house in 2007 at the height of the housing bubble. Fortunately I bought my house in Texas which was not as expensive as other places, needless to say, I lost money when I sold it 2 years later. I sold that house and bought a house in Florida...needless to say, the Florida market is not doing all that great right now.

I found out about BitCoins about a year ago and tried to get the mining to work on my computer but after it rebooted once it started coming up with errors so I gave up on trying to mine, back when a Bitcoin was worth less than a dollar.

I have always planned on getting some Bitcoins but just never got around to it...until this past week. I finally got money transferred through my Dwolla to MtGox and bought at $16.00 per BitCoin.

Ah yes, I've been waiting for you to get into bitcoins so that I would know when to get out.  Thank you.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:05:15 PM

Right when I find some good sites to spend my extra bitcoins at, this guy comes along and rains on my day. Sad

Maybe it was him that bought BTC at $30 and made the market tank, but he doesn't want to admit it  Cheesy
peach

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:07:02 PM

A hardy ol' large-cap mutual fund would be good for someone like you.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:11:33 PM

I don't think bitcoin has 'jumped the shark' just yet. Funny story though. Hell, most people don't even know bitcoin exists, hard to preach a saturation scenario with less than 0.05% of North America involved right now. It would be exciting if the pacific rim countries jumped into the fray.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:27:12 PM

OP, you can be a winner too.
You can get money.
just quit whacking off, or start whacking off,
whichever one it is, isn't working for you, so you need to do the other now.
Today is the first day to you, getting money. Cheesy
chuckypalumbo

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:31:10 PM

Yes!!! I'm just about to buy more BTC......maybe I shouldn't?
BitcoinDealer

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:35:42 PM

Yeah it's kinda late to get into Bitcoin now, kind of pointless except if you start a Bitcoin accepting business.
mizike29

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:14:04 PM

Well it shouldnt be too late, for me it seems like its either you get in now at 14 to 15, you missed the 86 cents beginining and 30 dollar each sale point, but if we get in at 14 to 15, all the businesses open up, more services, more trust, fourth of july weekend over and trading back up, mining gets harder less and less bitcoins available, then I am hoping it should pop up steadily to a nice price point to triple or quadruple are money

Or in the next months bitcoins will fail completely.  So its either miss it once, miss it twice and still make out, or miss it a third time as it goes up, last choice get in way to high at 100 a coin and waste ya money lol.  Just take the risk now or dont take it at all, thats what Im thinkin lol

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: