Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:57:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I know that the Bitcoin boat has sailed  (Read 15282 times)
istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:24:49 PM

Bitcoin cannot be undone, it will "allways" be here.

There will allways be some people who believe in bitcoins and see the business opportunity and advantages it brings.

Set one goal. Dont sell at loss.
If the majority does this bitcoin will win.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:38:21 PM

Elwar, tell us when you are selling bitcoins.

Thanks

Cheesy

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:57:22 PM

What a story, buddy!!!! 

Don't bet in the money you can not afford to lose.  See this as an extremely speculative investment right now with extraordinary return (don't see it as a get rich quick scheme).   If you are gonna get emotional, i.e. getting antsy when price drops  I would recommend you go back to owning something more traditional and tangible.

We are in this for the long haul.  This community is great and that's what will keep us moving forward.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 08:18:01 PM

All you capitalists are investing your money in wrong places, sometimes you win, but most time you lose your money to the jews pulling the strings of market. Only gold and other precious metals are worth investement. And not a investement in a sense of "get rich by doing nothing", but as a storage of value if money is devalued or something.

Will I put my money in Bitcoins? Probably not now. But I'm more than happy to accept Bitcoins as a payment or simply enjoy seeing them arriving at my address.

Invest your money in your kids. They will support you when you get old if you will live that long. At least you will not die from starvation in a dumpster and the kids will get the best possible childhood and education. This alone is not cheap.

And Bitcoin does not need "buy cheap, hoard, hoard and sell higher" investors. We need more people using Bitcoins as a means of payment in transactions. More people offering services in exchange for bitcoins.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 08:19:34 PM

I could've sworn the dotcom bubble burst in 2000...

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 08:35:36 PM

I found out about BitCoins about a year ago and tried to get the mining to work on my computer but after it rebooted once it started coming up with errors so I gave up on trying to mine, back when a Bitcoin was worth less than a dollar.

I have always planned on getting some Bitcoins but just never got around to it...until this past week. I finally got money transferred through my Dwolla to MtGox and bought at $16.00 per BitCoin.

Expect BitCoin to now crumble like all of my other investments.

I have also been looking into land in Costa Rica...

Let me know when you sell.  That should be a good time to buy.

fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 08:47:55 PM

I wouldn't say it's too late to get into bitcoin. There's a few services around that accept bitcoin, and the more success they have, the more likely others will start accepting bitcoin. There's always the chance of something happening and increasing or lowering the price, that's why it's an investment risk.
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:08:11 PM

I could've sworn the dotcom bubble burst in 2000...

it did.

i have a spare room papered in stock options to prove it.

nice rant though...
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 09:30:42 PM

The S.S. Bitcoin sailed out to Thirty Two Dollar Island on a shakedown cruise before returning to port to be fitted for a much longer voyage. 

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:33:40 PM

"The initial hype has sailed."
Are you kidding me? Everywhere i go (outside of the internet...) i try to talk about bitcoin, introduce it to people, so far i've not met a single person that has even heard about it.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:47:14 PM

The S.S. Bitcoin sailed out to Thirty Two Dollar Island on a shakedown cruise before returning to port to be fitted for a much longer voyage. Mainstream news reports claimed it had initially gone the way of the Titanic but its robust hull, geeky captain satoshi, and loyal passengers ensured it returned safely to port to weather another storm

- Fixed

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:54:18 PM

You'd better cash out of bitcoin now, before you make some money. ;-)
digigalt

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:54:30 PM

TradeHill's Australia venture is being handled so incompetently that it's only a matter of time before ASIC steps in. Once that regulatory body takes notice, it won't be long until others follow suit. Bitcoin has a chance - it just needs competent people behind it.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 10:03:03 PM

Yea.. you're screwed, but you're lucky!
I'll give you 10 bucks!! 10!! for each bitcoin! so your losses are minimal, please PM me.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
dennis_sweden

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 10:10:04 PM

I did see the gold thing skyrocketing back in 2005 so I knew that it would go up. So I dropped $20,000 in when it was $400 per ounce.

I understood way back in 2003 that gold price was going to skyrocket; however - no money to invest Sad
shady financier

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

etcetera

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 10:37:45 PM

Yes, another thread about the falling Bitcoin price.

I know the ship has sailed because I have finally put money into Bitcoins and every investment that I finally get around to making is at the end of its hayday.

Back in 2001 I finally bought some dotcom stock so that I could get in on the millions that everyone else had been making for the past few years...I had followed it closely from early on and finally bit the bullet and jumped in. That is when the dotcom bubble burst. I lost all of my investment.

I did see the gold thing skyrocketing back in 2005 so I knew that it would go up. So I dropped $20,000 in when it was $400 per ounce. Then my company, SAIC announced that they were going to IPO in a year and that they were offering employees share purchases up to $20,000. So I waited while gold JUMPED to $425 and sold sold sold...and put all of that money into SAIC's IPO at $42 per share which eventually split and dropped and I eventually got my money out at $18 per share.

Then came housing...I bought a house in 2007 at the height of the housing bubble. Fortunately I bought my house in Texas which was not as expensive as other places, needless to say, I lost money when I sold it 2 years later. I sold that house and bought a house in Florida...needless to say, the Florida market is not doing all that great right now.

I found out about BitCoins about a year ago and tried to get the mining to work on my computer but after it rebooted once it started coming up with errors so I gave up on trying to mine, back when a Bitcoin was worth less than a dollar.

I have always planned on getting some Bitcoins but just never got around to it...until this past week. I finally got money transferred through my Dwolla to MtGox and bought at $16.00 per BitCoin.

lol! Cheesy

1G8AUgSTAw8hfatNnDHuYEqBAUzC3qvAAL

Bitcoin news: http://thebitcoinsun.com/

Rapidlybuybitcoin here.

The value of goods, expressed in money, is called “price”, while the value of money, expressed in goods, is called “value”. C. Quigley
cloud9

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 10:46:01 PM

TradeHill's Australia venture is being handled so incompetently that it's only a matter of time before ASIC steps in. Once that regulatory body takes notice, it won't be long until others follow suit. Bitcoin has a chance - it just needs competent people behind it.

Australia's tax office has been quoted in online media, to be of the view that transactions involving Bitcoins, will be taxed in the same manner as barter transactions - projecting the view that in Australia, Bitcoin is viewed as a digital good that is bought or sold in exchange for national currency and bartered in exchange for goods or services.  It seems that their view is that Bitcoin as a digital commodity can also be used as a type of currency in medium of exchange barter transactions for other goods/services/currencies due to the commodity's valuable, scarce, cryptographic intrinsic properties.

Hans0

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:00:35 PM

Yes, another thread about the falling Bitcoin price.

I know the ship has sailed because I have finally put money into Bitcoins and every investment that I finally get around to making is at the end of its hayday.

Back in 2001 I finally bought some dotcom stock so that I could get in on the millions that everyone else had been making for the past few years...I had followed it closely from early on and finally bit the bullet and jumped in. That is when the dotcom bubble burst. I lost all of my investment.

I did see the gold thing skyrocketing back in 2005 so I knew that it would go up. So I dropped $20,000 in when it was $400 per ounce. Then my company, SAIC announced that they were going to IPO in a year and that they were offering employees share purchases up to $20,000. So I waited while gold JUMPED to $425 and sold sold sold...and put all of that money into SAIC's IPO at $42 per share which eventually split and dropped and I eventually got my money out at $18 per share.

Then came housing...I bought a house in 2007 at the height of the housing bubble. Fortunately I bought my house in Texas which was not as expensive as other places, needless to say, I lost money when I sold it 2 years later. I sold that house and bought a house in Florida...needless to say, the Florida market is not doing all that great right now.

Not this time: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=7715.msg167918#msg167918
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 03:40:14 AM

The S.S. Bitcoin sailed out to Thirty Two Dollar Island on a shakedown cruise before returning to port to be fitted for a much longer voyage. Mainstream news reports claimed it had initially gone the way of the Titanic but its robust hull, geeky captain satoshi, and loyal passengers ensured it returned safely to port to weather another storm

- Fixed

Then went back out for a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour....
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 04:06:48 AM

Anyone who gets BTC below thousands of dollars each is "getting in" before the ship has sailed. This ship is one that will either fly humanity to a new galaxy or will crash and burn before it exists the atmosphere. It'll be worth thousands within a few years, or it will be worth almost nothing. It's an either-or thing. In a year, bitcoin will be WAY higher than $15, or it'll be sub-$1.

A run up to 30, back to 10, up to 20, back to 15... so what!!! This is all noise in a highly volatile, revolutionary new marketplace. 99.9999% of humanity has no idea what Bitcoins are. The client is still in beta! Hardly missing the boat, IMO.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: