Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:10:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A comparison between IOTA and Streamr  (Read 287 times)
Kriander (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:12:48 AM

Nice blog article! What do you think?

https://medium.com/@giotto_3438/a-comparison-between-iota-and-streamr-343b3d9cd2ec
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:07:09 AM

I could see them coexisting to be honest. They both have their own advantages and uses.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:29:57 AM
Merited by Radientgurkin (1)

I'm an investor in IOTA for almost a year or more but I didn't know about this streamr coin. I will check and it it is good then fill some of these coins as well but it is listed only in Bitfinex exchange which I don't have an account yet.

I bought IOTA at very low price and thinking that this year it will go even higher than last year price. IOTA if they implement all the features of what they are talking then we can see this coin can grow many folds from the current price.
Radientgurkin

Activity: 182
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:53:17 PM

I could see them coexisting to be honest. They both have their own advantages and uses.

I agree with the idea of the co-existing instead of one replacing the other.  STREAMR is another interesting concept, but not offering the same solutions as IOTA.

A token built on ethereum network cannot possibly be compared equally to a separate coin on TANGL network. 

I'm still reading up on STREAMR. Feel free to enlighten me, we are all learning a little more each day  Wink
ale22

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:31:04 PM

I agree with the idea of the co-existing instead of one replacing the other.  STREAMR is another interesting concept, but not offering the same solutions as IOTA.

A token built on ethereum network cannot possibly be compared equally to a separate coin on TANGL network. 

I'm still reading up on STREAMR. Feel free to enlighten me, we are all learning a little more each day  Wink

Hi, you're wrong, Streamr works in his network, an off-chain p2p network for massively scalable real-time data delivery and can "talk" with Ethereum.
You shoud read this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/streamr/comments/7d4tqz/faq_making_thread/
Elugbenisamson

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:57:00 PM

A comparison between IOTA and Streamr
Those days everyone is talking about IOTA and IoT on the blockchain. IOTA has recently become the 4th biggest crypto coin after a massive increase in price.
While it is true that IoT can benefit from blockchain technology mostly for the permissionless and censorship resistance elements (which allow to avoid the need to use different nonpublic API for every type of application) it is also true that there is no real need to develop a brand-new blockchain for this.

What is really unique about Streamr is that they have targeted the most important niche of IoT: live streaming of data.

One of the key points of IoT is that it produces extremely large quantities of data which have very little value outside of the real-time element.

Imagine for example the traffic information for self driving cars or other things like the weather or the price of gas at different gas stations. This information only has value while real-time, just like when we watch the news we only care about today events, we don’t really care about what happened last year.

Streamr has developed a technology that allows for the streaming of live data in exchange for payment. That means that your car can earn money by streaming data from its sensors to other cars, and purchase the data from the other cars creating a healthy ecosystem which prevents getting data without participating.

They are working very hard on ensuring that the system is not only effective but also user-friendly. They are creating a simple editor that allows to control the streaming of data in a very user-friendly way:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: