Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:16:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchains and government  (Read 189 times)
Ertetert (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:12:48 AM

With proper legislation blockchain technically allows making all government spendings and documentation orders of magnitude more transparent then they are now.
Pushing for this legislation is a common interest of... Well for all the people.

There is a case for my country where Transparency International pushed our government to move their land ownership registry to blockchain and Ukrainian government did it. Now there is need to push for everything else - documents, databases, taxes and expenses.

Do you know about any organized movements that push for this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:38:25 PM

Barack Obama made a website tracking budgetary funding during his 1st term. This is one reason his admin has been labeled the "most transparent in history". The main issue with this idea, most don't bother looking at details. They mainly rely on the mainstream media and news as sources of information.

Its a great idea, I don't oppose it. Disseminating information collected via this method however is extremely difficult with so little of what's in the news being decentralized or independent. If someone repeated what they saw occurring in budget records, they could be labeled a conspiracy theorist and ignored. Facts don't necessarily penetrate very far into public consciousness in this day and age.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:44:05 PM

With proper legislation blockchain technically allows making all government spendings and documentation orders of magnitude more transparent then they are now.
Pushing for this legislation is a common interest of... Well for all the people.

There is a case for my country where Transparency International pushed our government to move their land ownership registry to blockchain and Ukrainian government did it. Now there is need to push for everything else - documents, databases, taxes and expenses.

Do you know about any organized movements that push for this?

I would like to see this implemented. Some political parties already list their expenses online, but the blockchain can be way more transparent than what legacy banking system has to offer.

I really doubt they would stick to receiving payments on public addresses tho. All they need is accept payments in other addresses or even in Monero and don't report that..
kkukkugaga

Activity: 238

Hello World!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:15:01 AM

The world's leading software platform for digital assets is called blockchain wherein we use technology to generate financial system. They also allow transparency in terms of government expenditures through legal documents. This kind of process should be implemented everywhere in the world not just to post financial check for the people but also to promote honesty to their selves as the leaders and to the people, right leadership in the country and faithfulness to God of course.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:37:00 AM

With proper legislation blockchain technically allows making all government spending and documentation orders of magnitude more transparent then they are now. Pushing for this legislation is a common interest of... Well for all the people. There is a case for my country where Transparency International pushed our government to move their land ownership registry to blockchain and Ukrainian government did it. Now there is need to push for everything else - documents, databases, taxes and expenses. Do you know about any organized movements that push for this?

Blockchain has the big potential to revolutionize governance and can be a good force to minimize if not totally eliminate monetary corruption at all levels of the government. Using the blockchain technology, we can all promote transparency and accountability for all officials to follow and for the people to fully appreciate. There are so many possibilities that can result when people will realize that the government serving then always adhere to the principles of good governance. Partly, transparency can be the catalyst for more people participation in all the decision-making process of the government. This is what many of us have been dreaming of and I am sure that the blockchain technology can be of big help towards this ideal environment. Of course, there would be a big problem if the government has so many skeleton closets because they might resist the use of the blockchain as they are aware that it can be beyond their control and influence.
Btcjunpitz18

Activity: 160
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:31:46 AM

well, if the government used blockchain technology it allows multiple parties to have a continues access to a constantly  updated digital ledger that cannot be change, so their is transparency and this can help to minimize corruption and do it in an honest way.
seroja17

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:39:59 PM

Blockchain is something that can not be avoided so I support for what? Because this technology can provide transparency. I think the government will definitely support blockchain.
Nhebu

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:56:18 PM

Transparency will help to lessen the corruption of the government and I think few of them will tolerate blockchains that will cause for their removal in position. I think if there is a private organization that will push blockchain technology in making an audit, financial statement and also the proper allocation of taxes of the people for the economic development, they are the activist and reformist of our society.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: