Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:48:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to cryptocurrence  (Read 882 times)
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:47:03 PM

I used to use coinmarketcaps as my references for coins.
it summarize information u need, like its web, circulate supply and its markets.
for fiat, use coinbase.

You have to look around the market, look for cool occasions that happen often. For example, I look at the market as a hobby and I'm sure I'm good at it. Every day I spend on it, because in addition to that it is important, it is really interesting!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HARRYscotter

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:13:40 PM

as i said im new and looking to do investing for growth. im not asking what cryptocurrency is gonna go through the roof the next few weeks or months cause i don't think anyone knows for sure.  im asking where i should start my research and what to look for in a new but promising cryptocurrency. where do i find the newest ones? on average how many new ones fail, how many kinda grow, and how many sky rocket? im new so any tips from people who have had success with this would be appreciated.

once you have cryptocurrency how do you turn it back into USD or spend it?

My advice is for you to take it slow and not invest all your money in only one project/coin. Last few months been crazy in the crypto world, this market as grown tremendously and now it's so  easy for anyone to set up his own coin/project so you can expect for more than half of them to be bad investments and to most certanly fail in the first months.

You can start in https://coinmarketcap.com/ and get familiarized with the top projects and then dig in the small to medium market cap projects and go to their Announcement threads and research about thoses project. In the slacks (chat platform of a  given project) there is some good info there to, there you can see how active they are on the coin development.

Another thing, don't invest in a coin that has recently reached its all time high, especially if its a small to medium project. That migh had been a  result of impulse buying from other FOMO investors and soon will get its adjustment and take several months to pass that value again or even never get to that value again.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
defc0de

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:20:59 PM

First off, never ever invest in something without doing your own research. A good place to start with all info from existing coins in the market is coinmarketcap.com. From there you can check charts, the official website and announcements from that specific cryptocurrency. Next off is to find exchanges which supports the coin. You can pick from high trading volume ones like Poloniex, Bittrex, Kraken or if you want newly listed ICO's Etheredelta would be a good pick. If you're more of the investor type, I suggest you start placing your money on more established coins seated on the top 20-30 of coinmarketcap.com.

If you would like to invest in new coins (could have a massive growth in the future), always check the coins community, devs and roadmap before putting in your money - these are the essential, skip these and you might be looking into a dead coin in the future. It's partly a gamble if it has a low market cap, but the risk is all worth it when the coin skyrockets to the moon. I'm currently holding some ARK for my high market cap coins, but I'm looking at Deep Onion as well for my new crypto to get in. It's fairly new and in round 14 of 40 of their airdrop as of now. Price ceiling was well over ~4USD last time and when this coin goes full blow, who knows what its price could reach. It has a very good potential as a privacy coin, considering all the bans on crypto happening today.

NoomDalv

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:33:44 AM

Research, research and more research, specially if you choose to invest in ICO's, i'd recommend checking out their whole developing team backgrounds, what is the main idea of the project? is it innovative? or just another copy? check for constant updates to the project, interviews and blogs/news, and in the end, follow your instinct.
Queen999

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:29:53 AM

If you wanna do research about cryotocurrencies go here https://coinmarketcap.com/
If you wanna cash out your altcoins first you have to exchange altcoins to bitcoins after that you can exchange bitcoins to your local currency using those sites

https://localbitcoins.com
https://paxful.com
mirte86

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:41:12 PM

I like Kraken, but I also used bittrex.
good luck with it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
andimac

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:46:26 PM

hello forum. for beginners, I, am currently very new to cryptocurrency, and so far be collecting altcoins and bitcoins in the the faucethub microwallet , and on level six now, I am just clicking on captchas on collecting, all coins in my wallet addresses, but know very little about the next process, but my question is,  I am on level 6, now, should I just carry on, until, the first digits in my wallet addresses get to look, like, this example , my primecoin, looks like this at the moment, 0.334567733, wait till the first digit gets passed 1. thank you Andrew, in Newcastle upon tyne england
Philip Graham

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:44:58 PM

I used to use coinmarketcaps as my references for coins.
it summarize information u need, like its web, circulate supply and its markets.
for fiat, use coinbase.
12popi123

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:51:12 PM

welcome to crypto world, your first step should be to a coinmarketcap and check there important aspects
neverluckymofo

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:49:46 PM

Welcome to Bitcointalk.

Coinmarketcap is a good place to start, new coins might not be listed there.

Etherdelta is a user friendly platform for exchange of newly listed ICO's.

If you want to exchange fiat to crypto, coinbase is quite easy to use and uses credit card to buy crypto.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: