Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:01:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is considered as digital gold  (Read 180 times)
wjchong (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 12:08:02 PM

One of the strategist has predicted that BTCitcoin may reach upto $100,000.What you think, would happen in future?

BTC BTC MY SAFE HOUSE :- A home that can protect your wealth and life of your families during disaster. BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:16:53 PM

Your topic has nothing with the main text, but I'm ready to reply both.
Bitcoin was called as digital gold long time ago, and the main reason of that was that bitcoin is also can be mined just like gold. This collation is used to explain bitcoin to newbies often, cause of this way it is easier to understand the whole idea of crypto.
Bitcoin is just in the beginning of it's road and today the price is around 14k$ and many experts are saying that the next year bitcoin will cost 50k$ and I use to believe in that. With such temps of growth and demand bitcoin can really cost 100k$ one day.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:32:20 PM

Bitcoin was called as digital gold long time ago, and the main reason of that was that bitcoin is also can be mined just like gold. This collation is used to explain bitcoin to newbies often, cause of this way it is easier to understand the whole idea of crypto.

that may be it but i believe so many these days are calling bitcoin "gold" because they want to imply that bitcoin is not a currency and it is only a store of value. although you may never know why some people say it, maybe some call it gold simply because they want to imply it is too valuable!

and they may be true, bitcoin is not functioning as a currency these days with these high fees and huge backlog. but what they don't realize is that i am afraid not being a currency can kill bitcoin.

Buying the dip...
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:16:34 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 11:37:12 PM by CyberKuro

that may be it but i believe so many these days are calling bitcoin "gold" because they want to imply that bitcoin is not a currency and it is only a store of value. although you may never know why some people say it, maybe some call it gold simply because they want to imply it is too valuable!

and they may be true, bitcoin is not functioning as a currency these days with these high fees and huge backlog. but what they don't realize is that i am afraid not being a currency can kill bitcoin.

I'm worried too, as bitcoin meant to be digital currency as an alternative payment method which is better than fiat currencies with the banks system support it. But current nodes and mempool says the opposite, bitcoin can't achieve the goal of being a peer-to-peer electronic cash system, due to community disagreements and conflicts to agreed on bitcoin scale solution which causes too many hard forks lately that can affect bitcoin hash rate or pools priority to mine bitcoin.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:11:15 PM

One of the strategist has predicted that BTCitcoin may reach upto $100,000.What you think, would happen in future?
It's only considered it's not necessarily like that. Bitcoin is a new type of asset in the market. It's a cryptocurrency it's a very different concept from bitcoin gold. Gold does not depreciate in value buy neither has a spike in value, whereas bitcoin is very volatile and increases in value quite well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: