Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:35:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to invest?  (Read 6052 times)
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:09:11 PM

Right now LTC is the best investment decision.
Be careful of people that claim to know "the best investment decision".
JelezeN

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:18:48 PM

Invest in other coins!
battani

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:14:53 AM

As more and more people adopt bitcoin, the currency will start attracting viable "competitors" — that's what happens in economics. Economic entities are highly unlikely to thrive on their own without viable and strong alternatives. E.g. the US dollar is widely adopted, but so are other currencies. You can find a Starbucks on every corner, but Peet's Coffee is doing pretty well too. iPhone was dominant, but then Android started eating away at its market share.

If bitcoin survives and thrives, and it's very likely to do so, other crypto-currencies will inevitably gain traction. Currently litecoin is the front-runner among alternative currencies, so it may indeed be a good investment.

You may also want to consider buying shares in companies that mine bitcoin since mining on your own is not lucrative anymore.
https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT
https://bitfunder.com/asset/G.ASICMINER-PT
Kokomoka

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:34:24 AM

There is no easy answer to "where to invest?"

If an investment was a really good deal, more people would buy than sell causing the price to rise. The nature of free markets is that people will always disagree about whether an investment is a good deal at it's current price.
BtcBling

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:41:18 AM

Just hold for 5 - 10 years. 1 btc = 10.000 $/€

acebmxer2

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:25:19 PM

Best place to invest on BTC. I don't trust any other Alt currency.
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 08:04:30 PM

Many of these are silly idea. If you want to invest in cyptocurrenies, pick 5 alts that you like and invest equally in them. If I had to choose I would say Primecoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, Namecoin, and Devcoin. I can explain each of these if you would like.

Don't invest anything you don't mind losing.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 08:09:11 PM

Best place to invest on BTC. I don't trust any other Alt currency.
You don't have to. The entire point of Bitcoin is a trust-less transaction system. The smart thing to do is buy $20 or $50 worth of alts. A good steak worth of money is nothing to loose sleep about.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
AJswimmer2

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:29:17 PM

You can invest on btce. They are good at exchange business.
Litecoin4me

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:38:45 PM

It will depend on your investment volume. If you have enough money to invest you can invest on BTC or invest on new alt currencies.
GpuLover

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:50:47 PM

Just hold for 5 - 10 years. 1 btc = 10.000 $/€

It is very hard to keep investment for 5 to 10 years.
247Trader

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:58:06 PM

My suggestion is FTC or PXC. Price will be high soon.
BuyAllBTC4

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

If you have any coins I'll suggest you to invest on USD.
greggMD

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:29:48 PM

I wouldn't call coinlenders returns low by any means. Really, really high actually.

huh? 1,8% per month is not high, at least in my books.

Yes, 1.8% per month is not high.
Trade4Coins

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:21:27 PM

If you have bitcoins to invest, where would you go?
Low risk, high return?

I don't have enough money. So, I would like Low risk, high return method.
Trade4Profit

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:20:16 PM

Invest on mining device.  Smiley
Addz

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:43:07 AM

I've found some really good investments on www.litecoinglobal.com which is the litecoin side of btct.co and also run by burnside.

LTC.MINER
BUY-A-HASH

These 2 mining bonds in particular I'm invested in and so far are returning very good dividends each week Smiley

If you're adverse to converting your coins to litecoin then I would recommend ASICMINER-PT or TAT.ASICMINER shares on btct.co the added liquidity of that exchange is a really strong positive and as many have already said ASICMINER is a solidly performing stock.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:53:52 AM

Pyramining

Links in my signature.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:46:45 AM

Thank you birdy.
I was thinking about investing in Just-dice.com.
What do you think about them?

From what I've seen also quite trustworthy.
The site gives clear information and I did test it with a small amount of BTC and had no problems withdrawing.
The busniness model is likely to work, giving a very low house edge for gamblers and the owner is a quite respected member in this community.
I am a bit worried that the giant pot of BTC displayed for everyone might attract hackers, so before investing a bigger sum there I would try to find out whether or not a lot of it is stored in a safe place.
Also while chances are better to get a return on your investment, there is a chance that someone gets a lucky strike and half of the investment is gone.
Especially if some people bet a lot of money with high chances in very few bets like 500 Btc with 90% win chance (if they lose it instead, you will make a big gain though ^^).
But I guess the bank always win in the long run, so it's probably not a bad investment.

Just-Dice pot is stored in a cold-wallet, which mean it is offline 100% of the time therefore impossible for any hacker to access it.

The problem is that, even if the owner is trustful, he cannot stop bullets in case someone come at his house and put a gun on his forehead.
aksplace

Activity: 602
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:07:08 PM

I've some coins stored in conlenders... low risk (imo) but low return Smiley

I just wanted to open an account and deposit a few BTC there (just for fun, because I have a lot of them), I went through all the hassle of setting up an account and activated 2fa which took me quite some time (because initially I had a typo in my email address and could not change the address without first receiving an email to that wrong address, so I needed to make another account) with all needed password and 2FA key setup and backup only to be told that I cannot deposit bitcoins at coinlenders without first also sponsoring their friends at inputs.io who seem to have an even more ridiculous signup procedure with even more unreadable captchas and a mysterious self chosen PIN instead of a proper 2FA (which is not even checked when logging in!) and at this point (15 minutes later) I was fed up with that crap and decided to keep my bitcoins for myself.

If they want my bitcoins then they should get rid of that forced online wallet bullshit, investors with a lot of money usually don't want to be forced to sign up with some crappy web-wallet service only to transfer some of their coins from A to B, they usually want to use their own wallet.

Tongue

You can always invest a few with me at 12% ROI

1JHAECJBamL5RcAhUGzce1b6X2ZaMyizg8
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: