Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2018, 07:52:22 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin Wallet Location  (Read 52 times)
l008com

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:30:08 PM

Not sure if this is a good place for Gridcoin questions, but I figured it's worth a shot.

I have a machine I've already been running BOINC on for 10 years off and on (usually just during the Winter). I just today found out about Gridcoin. So i downloaded the wallet. But unlike every other wallet I've used, this one did not ask me where on my filesystem I'd like to create my blockchain/wallet folder. Sooooo anyone know where it's located? And how I can move it? I also use this machine for my wallets, and I like to keep all the blockchains in a unified, easy to access location since they are so unwieldy. And of course I need to back up the wallet files.

BTC: 1B5ahrgQa2UpTFukjjacAWqFPShHyAStpZ
GRC: S942CyMgHz42EosvT9L1dKCwB1HVM2TDZk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Fu.Sin

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

Decentralized Smart Community Network

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:27:59 PM

As they say, free cheese is in a mousetrap. I also participated in one campaign, I downloaded a purse from them, after which the computer began to work very slowly, completely hammering the disk "c". Filled the operative and hung up the computer. Kaspersky discovered a miner who was installed anonymously.

Nikola

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:17:56 AM

On Windows??   If so, the wallet should be at "C:\Users\("login name")\AppData\Roaming\GridcoinResearch"

Pretty much all cryptos use the "...users\"username"\appdata\roaming\..." directory.

"Life is a journey, not a destination."

14F6pDBYpmgoyhQXZRyqYDJ9jNaxdctjHC
l008com

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:01:30 PM

I found the location but I haven't been able to figure out how to change it in the app. Every other wallet I've used prompts you for wallet location the first time you open the app, and any time you open it and it can't find your wallet. But Gridcoin does not, and I really want to put my wallets in a specific location. Any ideas?

BTC: 1B5ahrgQa2UpTFukjjacAWqFPShHyAStpZ
GRC: S942CyMgHz42EosvT9L1dKCwB1HVM2TDZk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.