Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:42:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 17 word passphrase  (Read 541 times)
nwankwotech (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:31:20 PM

Hello,

I have been unable to access my blockchain wallet, when i login it displays Welcome to your blockchain and when i click on the Continue button, the page logs out and redirects to blockchain homepage, I have cleared cookies/history and even tried on different browsers but it was same result. I also tried on a different computer and on a mobile device but it was all same result. Quite Starnge while my other blockchain wallet are working fine.

I have the 17 word backup passphrase,

Please how can I update it to the 12 word passphase so I can access my account.

Kindly assist. Thank you
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:25:23 PM

Hello,

I have been unable to access my blockchain wallet, when i login it displays Welcome to your blockchain and when i click on the Continue button, the page logs out and redirects to blockchain homepage, I have cleared cookies/history and even tried on different browsers but it was same result. I also tried on a different computer and on a mobile device but it was all same result. Quite Starnge while my other blockchain wallet are working fine.

Kindly assist. Thank you

Have you tried copying the 17 words into the 12 word seed box? As you can add extra words to get the regular 12/13 word seed even more secure.

Where did these 17 words come from if not, did you have a download from their site with it? Is the 17 word password one you generated yourself as a secondary password (if so that may be why you can't get your coins).
nwankwotech (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:42:38 PM

Hello,

Kindly assist. Thank you

Have you tried copying the 17 words into the 12 word seed box? As you can add extra words to get the regular 12/13 word seed even more secure.

Where did these 17 words come from if not, did you have a download from their site with it? Is the 17 word password one you generated yourself as a secondary password (if so that may be why you can't get your coins).

The 17 words were from the old blockchain legacy wallet which was provided by blockchain upon signup as the backup passphrase incase to restore access to wallet and now when I want to restore the wallet blockchain.info is asking for 12 words only. It does not work with the 17 words. Any help will be appreciated
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:51:20 PM

Some wallets allow you to add additional words on to the end of your 12 word phrase to make it more secure, or more personalised.

You should be able to use this seed to recover your wallet by entering it into the same client you used to create the wallet.

Ideally you should use the same wallet version too, to ensure that extended seeds are supported, as often this functionality is taken out with later updates.

Honestly, the best thing to do would be to contact the support team for the wallet, they will be able to advise you which version of the software you likely used, and provide the steps to recover it if possible.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
nwankwotech (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:59:08 PM

Some wallets allow you to add additional words on to the end of your 12 word phrase to make it more secure, or more personalised.

You should be able to use this seed to recover your wallet by entering it into the same client you used to create the wallet.

Ideally you should use the same wallet version too, to ensure that extended seeds are supported, as often this functionality is taken out with later updates.

Honestly, the best thing to do would be to contact the support team for the wallet, they will be able to advise you which version of the software you likely used, and provide the steps to recover it if possible.

Which wallet supports 17 words passphrase and by adding additional words? I have written to blockchain support on this issue but they have not responded for like a week.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:39:31 PM

Which wallet supports 17 words passphrase and by adding additional words? I have written to blockchain support on this issue but they have not responded for like a week.

They might take up to a week. Normally, they should reply within 72 hours, did you wait that time?
A large number of bip39 accepting wallets can be used. Including electrum.org/#download.
You have to select:
1. Select standard wallet
2. I already have a seed
3. Enter your seed
4. Click options and tick Bip39
5. The derivation path is probably m/0'/0
nwankwotech (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:12:15 PM

They might take up to a week. Normally, they should reply within 72 hours, did you wait that time?
A large number of bip39 accepting wallets can be used. Including electrum.org/#download.
You have to select:
2. I already have a seed
3. Enter your seed

Yes i waited up to a week
I have just tried with electrum but it was showing 0 BTC
After No 4.
Where do i enter? The derivation path is probably m/0'/0
Is it the BIP44 Account Number?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:30:45 PM

You have to select:
2. I already have a seed
3. Enter your seed

After No 4.

Yes if it doesn't work with the default (bip44) one then put it in that field instead of the m/44'/0'/0 that was previously there.
nwankwotech (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:47:49 PM

You have to select:
2. I already have a seed
3. Enter your seed

After No 4.

Yes if it doesn't work with the default (bip44) one then put it in that field instead of the m/44'/0'/0 that was previously there.

The default account number is 0, which didnt work
When i put in m/0'/0
The Next button turns grey and not clickable
How do i put it?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:22:27 PM

You have to select:
2. I already have a seed
3. Enter your seed

After No 4.

When i put in m/0'/0
How do i put it?

That's normally a checksum failure. Try putting it as m/44'/0'/0 and see how that works.

Although, if they haven't replied after a week, maybe it's not possible to do.
nwankwotech (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:44:48 PM

You have to select:
2. I already have a seed
3. Enter your seed

After No 4.

When i put in m/0'/0
How do i put it?

That's normally a checksum failure. Try putting it as m/44'/0'/0 and see how that works.

Ok i have downloaded the last version of electrum and tried it
I saw only BIP39 instead BIP44
But when i check BIP39 seed and enter my seed, It shows BIP39 (unknown wordlist)
Any advice will be greatly appreciated
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:52:33 PM

You have to select:
2. I already have a seed
3. Enter your seed

After No 4.

When i put in m/0'/0
How do i put it?

Ok i have downloaded the last version of electrum and tried it
I saw only BIP39 instead BIP44
But when i check BIP39 seed and enter my seed, It shows BIP39 (unknown wordlist)

There's a wordlis on github: https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0039/bip-0039-wordlists.md

Maybe it's bip44. You select bip39 and then put m/44'/0'/0 instead of m/'0/0 to get bip44. Though that still may not work.
HCP
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4316

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:26:59 AM

Firstly, can you guys please learn how to edit quotes? This thread is just a giant wall of quote text! There is no need to quote the immediately preceding message in it's entirety each time you want to respond... Roll Eyes

The 17 words were from the old blockchain legacy wallet which was provided by blockchain upon signup as the backup passphrase incase to restore access to wallet and now when I want to restore the wallet blockchain.info is asking for 12 words only. It does not work with the 17 words. Any help will be appreciated
Instead of faffing about, following pointless instructions to attempt to import a 17 word mnemonic which is probably not BIP32/BIP39/BIP44 compatible... you should try using the B.info legacy wallet recovery system: https://blockchain.info/wallet/recover-wallet Wink

If you have a legacy wallet recovery mnemonic saved enter it below to view the password and login link.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
nwankwotech (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:29:11 PM

Firstly, can you guys please learn how to edit quotes? This thread is just a giant wall of quote text! There is no need to quote the immediately preceding message in it's entirety each time you want to respond... Roll Eyes

Instead of faffing about, following pointless instructions to attempt to import a 17 word mnemonic which is probably not BIP32/BIP39/BIP44 compatible... you should try using the B.info legacy wallet recovery system: https://blockchain.info/wallet/recover-wallet Wink

If you have a legacy wallet recovery mnemonic saved enter it below to view the password and login link.

The link you provided is only the view the password and the login link which i already have. My problem is how i can recover my wallet using the 17 word passphrase. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
HCP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:32:31 AM

I'm confused... isn't that what the password and login link are for? accessing the wallet? Huh

In all honesty, if that login link it isn't working... then the only people who are going to be able to help you are Blockchain.Info support who will be able to guide you on how to regain access to your wallet.

As far as I know, the 17 word mnemonic does not allow you to recover the wallet as such, it was only a "password recovery" system.

BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
nwankwotech (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:59:00 PM

I'm confused... isn't that what the password and login link are for? accessing the wallet? Huh

In all honesty, if that login link it isn't working... then the only people who are going to be able to help you are Blockchain.Info support who will be able to guide you on how to regain access to your wallet.

As far as I know, the 17 word mnemonic does not allow you to recover the wallet as such, it was only a "password recovery" system.

The issue is that I am unable to access my wallet dashboard, when i login it displays Welcome to your blockchain and when i click on the Continue button, the page logs out and redirects to Blockchain homepage.

I have emailed blockchain support and there has no been response up to week, its really frustrating, I have tried my other blockchain wallets and they are working fine except that only one. This is the same on my mobile mobile, when i login, it displays Creating v3 Wallet and stays like that without any action response. There are some funds in the wallet and that is why i am so concerned.

Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 11:10:52 PM

You should install electrum for Android OS phone. And import passphrase there and after send all your bitcoin to new btc wallet. Write here if works or no.
HCP
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:04:18 AM

The issue is that I am unable to access my wallet dashboard, when i login it displays Welcome to your blockchain and when i click on the Continue button, the page logs out and redirects to Blockchain homepage.

I have emailed blockchain support and there has no been response up to week, its really frustrating, I have tried my other blockchain wallets and they are working fine except that only one. This is the same on my mobile mobile, when i login, it displays Creating v3 Wallet and stays like that without any action response. There are some funds in the wallet and that is why i am so concerned.
Ahhhh I think the "Creating v3 wallet" is your clue... I believe that the system is attempting to "upgrade" your wallet from the old legacy format, to the new v3 HD format... however because the changeover was completed in August 2016, I am guessing that B.info have since removed this code and that is why you end up logged out or stuck on that screen...

If this is indeed the case, you're just going to have to wait for b.info's notoriously slow support team to help out Sad Undecided

You should install electrum for Android OS phone. And import passphrase there and after send all your bitcoin to new btc wallet. Write here if works or no.
You should learn to read the thread properly before commenting. Roll Eyes

As has already been established... the OP has a 17 word "recovery phrase" from Blockchain.info that is used for "password recovery" of a b.info legacy wallet. This "recovery phrase" IS NOT BIP39 compatible. You CANNOT import it into any wallet.