Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2024, 11:16:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A bug in bitcoin-qt that has something to do with an orphan  (Read 1033 times)
mhps (OP)

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:20:25 AM

Hi I think I find a bug in bitcoin-qt.

Actually I find it in SunnyKing's primecoin-qt.exe which is a fork of bitcoin-qt. This is what I observe:

Primecoin can only be mined with primecoin-qt.exe. I found a block at 11am on machine A (win8). Then I found an orphan on machine B (win7) at 3pm. I could see the orphan's entry in the "overiew" and "transaction" pages of the wallet.

Then a few hours later I use dumpprivkey in the debugwindow to get the privatekey of the found block on A, and import it to the wallet on B.

What is strange was that I saw the 3pm date/time tag in the popup message, the transaction page, and the overview page of the wallet in the wallet on B. The entry of the orphan is gone. It was as if the block found at 11am takes the place of the orphan, changed all information *except* the date field.

I can see both transaction from listtransactions in the debug window.

I think this is a bug in bitcoin-qt.exe since it appears to have nothing to do with primecoin.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: