Bitcoin Forum
September 12, 2024, 06:23:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core Wallet - Auto rescan after private key import  (Read 278 times)
realcyberghost (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:47:22 PM

Hey fellow Bitcoiners

Everytime that I import a private key into the Bitcoin Core wallet ( importprivkey ) the client automatically starts rescanning. But I want to be able to import several private keys then convert them to segwit addresses ( addwitnessaddress ) then finally do a full rescan.

Anyone know how to turn off the auto rescanning after importing a key into Bitcoin Core?
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:12:30 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2017, 05:27:54 PM by AdolfinWolf

Hey fellow Bitcoiners

Everytime that I import a private key into the Bitcoin Core wallet ( importprivkey ) the client automatically starts rescanning. But I want to be able to import several private keys then convert them to segwit addresses ( addwitnessaddress ) then finally do a full rescan.

Anyone know how to turn off the auto rescanning after importing a key into Bitcoin Core?

Not sure how you would turn it off, ( As i don't think adding an argument is possible?) but you do can either import multiple adresses using

Code:
 importmulti

Which means that for 10 private keys you import you only need to rescan it once.

I also think you can add a custom
Code:
timestamp
, which determines from where the rescan will take place, ( 0 = genesis block?)

realcyberghost (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

Thanks for the info

Meanwhile also found out that there is a parameter "rescan" thay you can set true or false ( both for the multi as the regular private key import ).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: