Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:08:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lease to Own Miner Opportunity  (Read 331 times)
spartadata (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 06:21:22 PM

Hi,

I am new to the board while I been mining BTC since last month using S9's. I realize I want to scale this business quicker but find it incredibly difficult to secure enough capital to place bulk orders for more new S9s. So I came up with this idea and maybe there are some serious individuals whom may take up my offer. Please feel free to send me a PM if you are.

So the "lease to own" concept is nothing new however when it comes to a profit type business such as mining it is easier to validate that equipment costs can easily be made over the course of a couple months easily. Particularly mining BTC using 13.5-14TH/s per miner via S9's.

I would like to lease under contract about 30 new S9's and pay back the cost of per unit over the course of 12months. I am willing to agree to a fair unit price will yield the seller a good profit each month above the current selling price per unit.

Willing to consider other similar opportunities - send me a PM.

Thanks,
Mike

Blockchain Association of Miners Telegram Group  https://t.me/Blockchainminersgroup
Bitcoin ASIC Miner Profitability  https://apanel.com
reuben12

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:51:07 AM

No offense, but I don't think this is really the business model for this.  Normally with lease to own, the person leasing has something that they are bringing to the table.  They are putting in some sweat capital.  In this case all that you are doing is plugging the equipment into a wall though.  The person could easily just plug the equipment in at a data center and get a full return on the equipment in a few months instead of going through you and waiting for a year to get their money back....
spartadata (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 07:52:48 AM

I still think some folks make a lot reselling nonetheless may not want to mine and in such cases may consider a lease to own opportunity where the leaser would agree to a higher price per unit and specific payment terms that benefit the seller... I was just throwing the topic and idea around as I figured this is a fairly strong market and a young one at that that can take lease to own as a possible side option to out right purchase units. Seeing how expensive some of S9 units are going for on amazon and ebay it is a win win for both parties given the right buyer and seller. This may not fit conventional resellers but perhaps some have thought about it. Much like loaning money to a business this is similar but specific to hardware, "hardware financing with a twist per say".

Feedback welcomed...

Blockchain Association of Miners Telegram Group  https://t.me/Blockchainminersgroup
Bitcoin ASIC Miner Profitability  https://apanel.com
gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:44:41 PM

I still think some folks make a lot reselling nonetheless may not want to mine and in such cases may consider a lease to own opportunity where the leaser would agree to a higher price per unit and specific payment terms that benefit the seller... I was just throwing the topic and idea around as I figured this is a fairly strong market and a young one at that that can take lease to own as a possible side option to out right purchase units. Seeing how expensive some of S9 units are going for on amazon and ebay it is a win win for both parties given the right buyer and seller. This may not fit conventional resellers but perhaps some have thought about it. Much like loaning money to a business this is similar but specific to hardware, "hardware financing with a twist per say".

Feedback welcomed...

Honestly I like the idea. I would love the opportunity to rent to own a miner since I am a hobbyist miner it would work out great.As long as the pricing wasn't over inflated.  There could be all sort of ways to do it. Full mining payment per month until the cost plus % was paid off or a percentage of mining profits paid out for the life of the miner if say it was hosted buy the person leasing out the equipment to others. There are all sort of ways to do it.

The only problem is profitability and price fluctuation in bitcoin price and what if the hardware was a bad batch and burn due to no ones fault. There would have to be legal contracts made up to cover the purchasers liability so if it the hardware failed the leaser had to pay any ways. Unless a warranty claim was still available. Which could take weeks or months to get the unit back in service.

I would love to do something like this with some one at some point. One of my S7's is starting to show signs of failing and I am going to have to upgrade or fix a hashing board here shortly. Would be nice to upgrade to a s9 but the prices are just to retarded to even think about something like that.

Schpetan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:36:08 PM

This can be a good thing but i think its hard to find someone that wants to lease
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: