Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:07:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Connection between when Bitcoin going up Altcoin going down?  (Read 733 times)
Thenuka99 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:40:11 PM

This is something I never could understand, what is there connection really? Every time we see BTC going up most of other ALT coins on the market showing red, value percentage going down, what is that about?
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:44:22 PM

I guess it's because people are selling their coins to go on BTC train.

There was this kind of situation in the 2013 bubble, and when the BTC bubble popped, some altcoins did a x10 vs BTC, some others a x100. That was crazy  Tongue

Maybe, we'll see this situation again, let's see...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:45:05 PM

Imagine a race with the coach. The coach sometimes runs faster, sometimes slower. Sometimes forward, sometimes backwards. Students try to run alongside. When the coach makes a quick speed-up, all students are a bit late, and a gap is formed between them. Some students fall to the ground and never get up. Newbies coming ...
abanansah

Activity: 328

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:47:25 PM

Is a supply and demand of both coins . As more people demand bitcoins, less people show interest in Altocoins hence the inverse relationship.

Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 07:53:27 PM

When bitkoyn grows in price, it means that the demand for it rises, which means that people invest in it more. Investing always happens either by removing certain amounts from the Altkoks, that is, by selling them, or this investment occurs instead of, in the usual situation, investing them in altcoyins. As a result, it turns out that the partial sale of altkoynam or insufficient investment in them lead to the fact that when bitkoyn goes up, altkoyin drop.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Sitesprout

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:06:11 PM

thats because 90% of altcoins are traded against btc , so when the value of btc rises altcoins remain the same

earning less btc when traded
RichardBTC

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:23:58 PM

Its just as simple as people sellong their alt coin to get bitcoin and then selling bitcoin at the high rate that it is now to fiat. Pretty straight forward and logical why... Some coins can with stanf it some cant... I see ethereum didnt do to bad this last climb it stayed relatively the same. DeepOnion remianed the same... People obviously never wanted to let go that easy Smiley

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
rmilly

Activity: 312
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:35:19 PM

I think the simplest explanation would be to think about human behavior. When BTC goes up, more people want to take their resources to buy more btc. When it falls, people sell/hodl and then have extra capital to put into alts.
MyOddz

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

Here for a good time, not a long time.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:42:27 PM

i think in part because the ethereum network has been extremely slow due to kitties so people are coming out of eth for that reason and pumping in to bitcoin today. mad gains and drops.

LOTS OF ETHEREUM ENS (.eth) NAMES AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE, CONTACT FOR DETAILS.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:44:55 PM

We only have alts to bitcoin trading pair, only few alts have fiat pairs so basically all altcoin's price depends upon bitcoin. When bitcoin will surge people will sell their alts to get bitcoin so that they can sell at higher price on end of the surge.

This is the only reason behind pump and dump relation between bitcoin and other alts.
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:53:07 PM

i think in part because the ethereum network has been extremely slow due to kitties so people are coming out of eth for that reason and pumping in to bitcoin today. mad gains and drops.

It seems to me that this is not quite so, because such a correlation did not happen only after the kitties appeared. I, too, are more inclined to the majority of opinions that the demand for bitcoin rises and, accordingly, the price too.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:57:21 PM

When Bitcoin starts going up all the people just try to get on the Bitcoin train and just sell off all their investment and invest all of their money in Bitcoin for short term gain, that's the reason why altcoins go down when btc starts pumping.

Ttrader

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:01:41 PM

Alts arent doing so hot right now because people are dumping alts to candle chase btc. If btc goes down alts may recover
entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:04:49 PM

It not just people trying to hop on BTC train. Altcoin value expressed as bitcoins. So when btc price rises if the amount of btc for that coin stays constant, its value rises too. People sell their alctoins till equilibrium point.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:10:03 PM

It very a simple and obvious dependence. If community believes that BTC price will raise people try to sell their alts and get more btc asap.

Thenuka99 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:50:49 AM

Imagine a race with the coach. The coach sometimes runs faster, sometimes slower. Sometimes forward, sometimes backwards. Students try to run alongside. When the coach makes a quick speed-up, all students are a bit late, and a gap is formed between them. Some students fall to the ground and never get up. Newbies coming ...

This is a great example to understand the connection. Thank you for the explanation. some students fall to the ground and never give up. so this is the situation of the ALT coins. their prices may go down, but they are in the market, keep trying to push up . cool.
Thenuka99 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:05:17 AM

I guess it's because people are selling their coins to go on BTC train.

There was this kind of situation in the 2013 bubble, and when the BTC bubble popped, some altcoins did a x10 vs BTC, some others a x100. That was crazy  Tongue

Maybe, we'll see this situation again, let's see...

That's what worries me , this current situation in BTC sure seems like a bubble about to popped. May be won't , but this unbelievable rising. to top it all we cannot do any transactions, Blockchain is completely overloaded. Blocked! not sure we'll have to hold without doing anything until it drops to nothing. or may be it keep going up. so unpredictable .
Raskolhnikov1

Activity: 560
Merit: 65

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 03:24:08 AM

lol
Damn you fucking kitties

I think the simplest explanation would be to think about human behavior. When BTC goes up, more people want to take their resources to buy more btc. When it falls, people sell/hodl and then have extra capital to put into alts.
Actually, this is due to speculation, i see the big increase of bitcoin price, in its greater proportion, due to the new investments, however, this great flow is accompanied by speculators who move their investments from altcoins to bitcoins, accentuating the rise and causing a general drop of alts.

Thenuka99 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:41:54 AM

Ethereum may be slow, but Blockchain is now slower, over 212,000 unconfirmed transactions now.  and Ethereum network is it really about those kitty thing? May be too many airdrop tokens blocking the network. just a thought. seeing how many airdrops comes everyday, I think it may cause some part of the problem.
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:07:21 PM

This is something I never could understand, what is there connection really? Every time we see BTC going up most of other ALT coins on the market showing red, value percentage going down, what is that about?

When the tendencies on the market change, redistribution of resources happen. Money flow in the most profitable, reliable assets. For now this is Bitcoin. With the time some others cryptos will become quite powerful to influence on the BTC price.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: