Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Connection between when Bitcoin going up Altcoin going down?  (Read 733 times)
Nadia_l

Activity: 826
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:36:38 PM

I think its not about the demand of Bitcoin! Could You explain what a great demand could be in the Bitcoin for now with the price of $15k-17k for 1 BTC - me not.
People that had the constant demand for Bitcoin are actually traders and they actually know what to do to make the price growth!
I mean this demand is handmade and artificial, managed by some group of traders/miners. 
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:13:10 PM

This is something I never could understand, what is there connection really? Every time we see BTC going up most of other ALT coins on the market showing red, value percentage going down, what is that about?
It's because most of the investment coming from alt coins are being invested to bitcoin by most of the traders especially the whales. And when bitcoin is starting to show red, the alt coin market will be on greed. That's the logic behind this great movement of bitcoin. It's just a mere supply and demand, the price of bitcoin increases and it's demand increases too the same thing with alts.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Thenuka99 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:14:47 PM

Theres a lot of factors to be considered,a lot of investors from wallstreet are joining our community thats why the BTC surges up and still rallying right now,alts are bleeding because they are measured in satoshi which is from the BTC,hence increasing or decreasing the BTC price will bleed the alts and if the BTC stabilized the alts will grow.

That's something I've seen over and over, when BTC stabilized  ALT Coins market are mostly green, at some percentage they have gone up.There are good days and bad days, but That's something I saw for a fact.

I think it is simple market economics. If one thing is selling in large volumes, then it automatically affects other things. When the market is bullish then it attracts even more money, because of which people have less money to spend on other options (alts). And when these other options are in less demand, then their prices automatically fall.

Bullish market means Long term market right? People tend to buy ALT coins hoping it will go up long term, but when BTC starts going up they start selling them and Start buying BTC , more people want to sell than buying prices go down. Got it. "Market Economics" the key word. Gosh  I need to learn more about that.

I think that's wrong. If you look at the charts you'll see that sometimes alts go down when btc rises and sometimes they go up. When bitcoin is down alts can also go up or down. It is all up to people and they have different mood. I think altcoins depend more on the specific markets and news about some updates. Yet most of the time I guess it's impossible to determine why the coin is rising. For instance, why did bitcoin cash pump a lot about 2 weeks ago? Why is litecoin suddenly so up? How comes people started noticing that IOTA is a good project? We don't have answers here. I think a lot of that can't be predicted in advance and sometimes is even never explained.

last two weeks definitely the  craziest I've seen since I got to know about BTC,  and another important point there is how does people know about that, other ALT's gonna rise, or those are good projects. is it because of the people behind those projects? or market news , how do they predict that? and IOTA is the best example it had a tremendous increase of value in last few weeks, it was at a very low point, but most big investors attracted to the project, I'm still trying to find how they are always in the right place at the right time, Just luck? or something else.
Thenuka99 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:23:54 PM

It doesn't always. Sometimes altcoins go up along with bitcoin. It is all very complicated and there are so many reasons that altcoins can go up and down but I don't think you should group all other coins in one group and talk about them all just calling them "altcoins" they are all seperate coins so having just 2 groups (one being btc one being altcoin) is not really fair.

I think that has something to do with market power, BTC has over half of the market value, so It's considerd main coin. I really like the example "Raist" used,
Imagine a race with the coach. The coach sometimes runs faster, sometimes slower. Sometimes forward, sometimes backwards. Students try to run alongside. When the coach makes a quick speed-up, all students are a bit late, and a gap is formed between them. Some students fall to the ground and never get up. Newbies coming ...

This gave me an idea about how things work.  Even though it's not fair to call them all "ALT" coins, that's how that goes.

I will say it is stramge that lately it seems the price of many alts are going down. Maybe people want to sell them to get the btc that is worth so much now but I don't see the point you don't need to sdell your alts when they have good bitcoin value because you can sell them when you want.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, The Bullish market example, people who brought ALT coins for long Hold started selling in bunches after seeing the dramatic going up of BTC. and more sells , than buys, price goes way down.

Thenuka99 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:36:39 PM

Who says there is a connection, it is like a financial markets not predictable, sometimes they all increase together, or bitcoin decrease others rise or fall...

The recent change in the market started me wonder, if there's a connection, while BTC goes up, everyday I saw the other coins are red. Now I'm getting the concept how that's happening, even though market is not predicting, ALT coin holders selling in bulks made that happen. like many members implied with great examples.

i can explain this well because i have made a loss in trading because of this. but it was on etherdelta but you will understand

i purchased quantstamp for 14 cents which was (0.0005) at that time when ethereum was trading for 320$ so i got 320$/.14s = 2285.71 and afrer 7 days ehtereum price touched the level of 470$ and the quantstamp was trading for .16$ which was at the moment 0.0003 and then i sold my  2285.71 QSP for 0.0003 eth per qsp so i got 0.0003*2285.72 = 0.685716 ETH but my investment was 1 ETH. so i got loss in ETH. never see price of any altcoin  in $$ always calculate in eth or btc in which coin is really expressed

hope this will help you to understand Smiley

This is very clear example, I always see crypto traders telling Don't even think of FIAT value, always calculate your profit/loss  from BTC value. Even though you have more Dollars, you have a loss from ETH value, That's clear with this example, thanks for taking time to explain it. Really important thing to remember.

There is no constant correlation between bitcoin and altcoins. In the old days, the correlation was inverse between them, not it's complicated, we can't understand it.

yeah, as now we can see the market values of all coins in one page, it's significantly showing the changes, when BTC is high up and Gree, ALT's are very Red, that was the beginning of my question.

Thenuka99 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:40:59 PM

I think its not about the demand of Bitcoin! Could You explain what a great demand could be in the Bitcoin for now with the price of $15k-17k for 1 BTC - me not.
People that had the constant demand for Bitcoin are actually traders and they actually know what to do to make the price growth!
I mean this demand is handmade and artificial, managed by some group of traders/miners. 

This is actually extremely valid point. This dramatic increase got me thinking the same thing too. as the market say some "Whales" are trying to manipulate creating a false demand. and miners fee increases from about 5 or 6 times these days. They are getting unbelievable profit with the market situation. may be the whales are buying all the ALT coins, as BTC will crash from few days/ weeks/ months when ALT goes up, they will really have Christmas , new year and happy Holidays with that profit.
Bonus777

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:44:43 PM

Everything is very simple. When the rate of bitcoin increases or decreases, depending on the situation, people leave the altkoins, thereby lowering the price of altcoyins or going out to the tit from bitcoin during its fall. In any case, the capital is withdrawn from the Altcoins and they become cheaper.

newbie-hero

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:40:00 PM

This is something I never could understand, what is there connection really? Every time we see BTC going up most of other ALT coins on the market showing red, value percentage going down, what is that about?

The connection is evident as altcoins holders rush to sell their coins or exchange them to Bitcoin. Naturally, it is the temporary event, and probably the time to sell good alts for future trading. Use the moment!
Phlaser

Activity: 257
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:51:19 PM

Basically when BTC booms,  people invest more in it than altcoins and they also pull cash out of altcoins to buy BTC.... The more money in either BTC or altcoins determines how the market move and which of them booms. Thus BTC is the KING.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:00:40 PM

Though both function on different platform, it has got interesting dependence. An year back this was not felt big. When the price started to increase with bitcoin as well other digital currencies, gradually taking it grow further in value. Very rarely the price grows in an inversely proportional manner.
caeles

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:35:48 PM

The connection between bitcoin and altcoin is altcoin depends on the bitcoin. As the demand on bitcoin rises, the demand on altcoin decreases which makes bitcoin a higher price and altcoin a lower price. Also, as the price of bitcoin rises and the price of altcoins still stick its price in dollar, when we convert altcoin to bitcoin, altcoin is lower because it needs to follow it price in dollars to make its price in bitcoin. Cryptocurrencies' price change every time so we can't say that a certain coin will rise or not. Entering in cryptocurrency world needs to take risks so we need to take risks in buying and selling coins.

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 05:43:29 PM

This is simply because the altcoins are usually traded directly against bitcoin. When bitcoin's value suddenly surges upwards, is there any reason for an altcoin's value to go up as well? There are many factors but in general, NO, there is no reason for an altcoin's value to go up. Traders take advantage of the sudden rise in value (because btc value went up and so did the altcoin btc value) by quickly selling altcoins while their value is still higher than the normal average value. This results in a large selling force that drives the altcoin price downwards. If my explanation is not clear you may find more articles about this by using google search.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:55:38 PM

When bitcoin is in bullish market and you see altcoins in bearish what's really happened is that traders and investors are converting there coins to bitcoin in other to take advantage of the bitcoin upward movement. This happens often when there is a reason why bitcoin is going up. I have seen people who convert they ethereum during the last pump to bitcoin and they make good profits. Another reason why this happen often is when there are panicked in the market,  traders often convert they altcoins to bitcoin and from there to fiat. These are the major reason why altcoins do go bearish when bitcoin get pump
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:15:33 AM

Theres a lot of factors to be considered,a lot of investors from wallstreet are joining our community thats why the BTC surges up and still rallying right now,alts are bleeding because they are measured in satoshi which is from the BTC,hence increasing or decreasing the BTC price will bleed the alts and if the BTC stabilized the alts will grow.

What is curious is that this connection appeared only recently again. Before you could not watch it. Now the more people hurry up to buys BTC, the less amount of guys want to get more alts.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: