Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:33:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a rig with RX580  (Read 307 times)
urbanpixel (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

schneider

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:35:53 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 03:35:02 PM by urbanpixel

Is there anyone who mines with a rig with AMD RX580 in it? What is the real performance of your rig (on or more GPU's) and how long did it take you to cover the inital hardware investment? Here, I hope to get the answers from people who recently built their rigs, not so much from those who are mining a year or two back.
The reason I am asking is that I am planning on building a rig (have some hardware laying around - mobo, CPU, RAM, 750W PSU, the only thing missing is a relatively recent GPU card) and I am considering starting with X580 since it is in my price range. I would appreciate any input.

EDIT: Corrected title and GPU model...

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:24:49 PM

Is there anyone who mines with a rig with AMD X580 in it? What is the real performance of your rig (on or more GPU's) and how long did it take you to cover the inital hardware investment? Here, I hope to get the answers from people who recently built their rigs, not so much from those who are mining a year or two back.
The reason I am asking is that I am planning on building a rig (have some hardware laying around - mobo, CPU, RAM, 750W PSU, the only thing missing is a relatively recent GPU card) and I am considering starting with X580 since it is in my price range. I would appreciate any input.

I guess you're referring to RX580's that's a decent GPU, however it needs a bios modification in order to unlock its full potential and gives better hashrates, reasonable power consumptions.

how long did it take you to cover the inital hardware investment?

profits are varied from time to time, it is still profitable for RX580 right now mining daggerhashimoto and cryptonight algos but no one knows when it last.

whattomine.com
urbanpixel (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

schneider

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:33:53 PM

Thank you very much for your input. My opinion is that it is not worth it to invest in a dedicated mining rig at this point, but I was planning on buying RX580's anyway to replace my current GPU's (gaming, photography and video edits) adn try to do some mining on the side...

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
dealpass

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:35:11 AM

I built a small 3 card rig end of December, with a 1200W PSU so I could expand to more GPUs but the profitability has dropped noticeably in the past 30 to 45 days. Not sure if I want to invest more into the rig and more GPUs now. I had never built a computer before, so I learned a lot last year, reading articles and watching videos on how to do it. I wish that I had come across this forum for info earlier. I have not been able to get more than 29 to 30 Mh/s out of my PowerColor RX 580. I dont know if it is due to the brand of GPU, memory type, or just luck, but I couldnt find any other tricks to increase the hashrate.
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:05:41 AM

I have (4) 580s and (1) 570 and If I could turn back time to the point where I bought them I would have gotten GTX 1060s or taken the money and bought what I could of some 1070s or 1080s and the balance in 1050 TIs.  I get around 25mh/s out of my 580s stock.  I need to get my lazy butt in gear and do a flash on them and get some more out of them but Ive been busy with getting my utility room ready for summer and sticking my rigs in there. I reckon it also all depends on what you want to mine also.  Im in it for just the $$$. Dont care what my rigs mine as long as it yields max profit. Good luck with your venture.
[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:11:07 AM

RX 580 4Gb whatever brands, can produce Hashrate around 28-29 (Mod+OC) on Ethash. RX 580 8Gb  around 30-32 (Mod+OC) on Ethash now day.

Return on Investment?

profits are varied from time to time, it is still profitable for RX580 right now mining daggerhashimoto and cryptonight algos but no one knows when it last.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:45:22 AM

I have RX580 8 GB, longest mining in ETH coin and still profit but at this time I mining ETC coin. For AMD card better mining on Ethash algorithm. You need do modded bios or OC if you want to have more Hashrate. Like this [YAZ] :
RX 580 4Gb whatever brands, can produce Hashrate around 28-29 (Mod+OC) on Ethash. RX 580 8Gb  around 30-32 (Mod+OC) on Ethash now day.

seamouse

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:51:34 AM

Is there anyone who mines with a rig with AMD RX580 in it? What is the real performance of your rig (on or more GPU's) and how long did it take you to cover the inital hardware investment? Here, I hope to get the answers from people who recently built their rigs, not so much from those who are mining a year or two back.

EDIT: Corrected title and GPU model...

185-187mh/s 900watts at wall and my rig cost me a unbelievable price (cheap) that i can prove and ROI i was not worried about
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: