Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:46:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone else concerned about CME trading futures on BTC?  (Read 419 times)
CryptoRage (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:39:30 PM

I am worried that institutional money will add only volatility to BTC will inhibiting the natural growth of the Crypto space.  What is your assessment on the situation?
RealJoshuar

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:47:47 PM

At this point Bitcoin's shown only be a speculative investment. A everyday, mainstream currency could never be so volatile as Bitcoin is, hence why it's only used among investors. So, not concerned at all, this is just for money making as shown by this bubble, or losing, nothing more nothing less.
Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:59:07 PM

The only thing i am worried about the situation is that the price could moon and i wont be able to gather enought btc.
This is barely the first step into real bitcoin adoption, 2018 will be a real rollercoaster for the crypto world, and obviously the year when cryptocurrencys will have over 1 trilion dollares in market cap..at least that is what we hope.
vk279

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:04:44 PM

All the assets(Gold, Currencies, Oil etc) can be manipulated and markets they trade in are highly rigged. They will try to manipulate Bitcoinby shorting but they will fail miserably and it will only drive the price of bitcoin up.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 09:09:54 PM

The globalist money is already pouring into Bitcoin. Futures trading will just add a method for tradition"financial experts" to feed more money into the coffers of the elite.

I'll be continuing to collect Bitcoin, and ignoring all the trading platforms.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:13:20 PM

As it is, shorting Bitcoin on a large scale is very difficult.  You can buy very easily, sometimes even on a whim due to the lack of regulation, but it's significantly harder to do the opposite.

Introducing the ability for larger players to potentially do this could certainly be a problem.  They could pretty much decide to manipulate the market at any point.  Whales can do this already, but now they have a safe(ish) regulated platform for this to happen.
but they will fail miserably and it will only drive the price of bitcoin up.
Most speculators that have recently bought BTC are pretty unstable.  Given a couple of weeks of decreasing price, I suspect that a fair number of them would sell.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:26:32 PM

I am worried that institutional money will add only volatility to BTC will inhibiting the natural growth of the Crypto space.  What is your assessment on the situation?

What do you mean by natural growth of crypto. It's true that bitcoin price has increased nearly 6k USD within just a week, but I think it is because of the positivity around crypto assets has played a big role. With the entry announcement by the CME, crypto has suddenly became the talk of the town and got massive scale promotion. Even my office colleagues have started investing in bitcoin and ETH as per my suggestion.

I agree that volatility around the crypto market will definitely be increasing. But overall the impact will be positive.

Also I am sure that few more institutional investors will keep a close watch to the performance of CME group. If their venture becomes successful, we will see a lot more institutional money pouring into crypto market which will fuel the future growth to the moon.

vk279

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:16:20 AM

but they will fail miserably and it will only drive the price of bitcoin up.
Most speculators that have recently bought BTC are pretty unstable.  Given a couple of weeks of decreasing price, I suspect that a fair number of them would sell.

May be but did you see how it bounced back last week when it went down to 8k. 

bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:58:25 AM

Child asks "Why is grandpa wearing green socks today?"

So the old school MONEY PEOPLE have decided to TAX BITCOIN traders,

Why would anybody but corporate fools play?

Fortune 500 want to be able to play, and pay the bridge tolls, in the real BTC world there are no fee's or tolls to be played,

Most small time ppl will just carry on life as today

Pension funds will be able to capture of the 'warren buffet' style BTC growth so over all this is good for main-street USA.

The actual PRICE of BTC is more controlled by the ASIAN ppl, the white trash in USA don't have any  money, and the HUGE public pension funds controlled by government MAFIA just want to clean way to park their public pension cash in BTC, think PERS pension mafia of california, think prison guard pension funds.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:07:05 AM

CME trading futures fuels the Bitcoin price, i too also wonder what will happen after 18th. Market price growing rapidly will make some users who lives in a third world country not to be able to buy Bitcoin anymore.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:02:53 AM

CME trading futures fuels the Bitcoin price, i too also wonder what will happen after 18th. Market price growing rapidly will make some users who lives in a third world country not to be able to buy Bitcoin anymore.

average american don't have $500 usd in bank, average american will never buy bitcoin

in china bitcoin is 'money for gods'

U talking where africa? maybe myanmar?? Believe me, ppl in africa already have money on their phone, and they use it to buy food, and they only make say $5/day, and that is the average balance on phone

bitcoin will be much like warren-buffet BRK.A stock at $200k USD, its a game for the rich,
cryptobengal

Activity: 142
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:23:18 AM

these criminals want to control bitcoin,ha let them try, Bitcoin ,is a honest money for the people, its these skum bag bankers and stockbrokers and criminal cartel govrments which it is disrupting. there is a special place in HELL for them....we just need to hodl our coins so they cant buy it in huge chunks, yes the price is going to reach unatainable levels , but there is always   SATOSHIs
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: