Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:54:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is any amount too negligible to invest in?  (Read 140 times)
Tommy92l (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:29:07 PM

Like most people, I wish I had thousands, or even tens of thousands of dollars to invest in bitcoin. For now it's only a few hundred.

Is it still worth the investment? Should I wait for a dip?
supctrong

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:41:53 PM

I would wait for a dip, but any amount is good. However, transaction fees for BTC might eat a lot of your return if you only have a few hundred dollars. I suggest you stick to 1 exchange now to save on transaction fees and then perhaps buy some different coins once we see a dip.
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:43:20 PM

Like most people, I wish I had thousands, or even tens of thousands of dollars to invest in bitcoin. For now it's only a few hundred.

Is it still worth the investment? Should I wait for a dip?

First thing is to open up an account with an exchange and fund it. That will take a few days (at least in the US it does with all the KYC rules).
Then download a wallet. Read up on it. Get comfortable with the interface.

Then fund your account with those 100s of dollars. I would say put 1/2 your money in to the market on the first day you can. You may be buying at the high. But so be it. You're in it for the long haul. Then, if you're worried about fluctuations send up a little bit from each paycheck and buy when you think there's been a little dip. When the price drops keep buying as it brings your average cost of acquisition down.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: