Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:26:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freewallet help re: 266 STEEM  (Read 246 times)
MarPetr (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:38:10 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 06:14:39 PM by MarPetr

User d4a2c160

Please help.  On November 28th I used the iOS Freewallet Multi-wallet to exchange 2.8 LTC for 266 STEEM.  I had LTC but didn't have a STEEM account showing yet in teh app since it still needed to be funded to appear in the list.  I just had previously gone through the usual steps with no problem and exchanged LTC for DASH using the "exchange" feature in the app.  After the confirmations the DASH wallet appeared in my list with the expected amount of DASH.  My LTC to STEEM transaction didn't workout the same way unfortunately.  Instead the STEEM wallet never appeared.  After reaching out to support a few times one Freewallet rep replied that: the hash shows the transaction is complete but that I had forgot the Payment ID.  They said:

"Seems like your transaction was completed, but you have forgotten about your payment ID. That is why your transaction has stuck in our system.
We will try to contact our exchange partner and initiate a refund for you."

Using the iOS app there isn't any request for a "Payment ID".  The hash shows the STEEM exists but doesn't show up in the wallet.   What was I required to do with a payment ID?  There wasn't any field requesting one.  Just tap the coin logos, enter the amounts and confirm.

Just today to try and get the STEEM account to appear I moved my DASH from Freewallet to another wallet and then followed the Freewallet instructions to fund my STEEM with DASH from that outside DASH wallet.  It worked and the new test-amount of STEEM arrived however the 266 STEEM is still unaccounted for.  

I've seen Freewallet contribute here before.  Your help would be greatly appreciated and possibly help others new to your tool.  Conceptually the app is user friendly and effectively worked fine for LTC, ETH, XRM and DASH.

Thanks in advance.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:59:15 PM

No one could really help you but him or their support team. Freewallet is active here in the forum and was online just today, maybe he didn't see your thread yet. Try to send a message to his account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1177176  -- scroll down and click "Send this member a personal message."
MarPetr (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:29:56 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 06:48:08 PM by MarPetr

No one could really help you but him or their support team. Freewallet is active here in the forum and was online just today, maybe he didn't see your thread yet. Try to send a message to his account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1177176  -- scroll down and click "Send this member a personal message."

Thank you!  I've seen his replies to other inquiries and they're helpful and professional.  I'm surprised that's even possible in such a high volume industry. Thanks again
MarPetr (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:41:52 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 06:53:10 PM by MarPetr

Haven't heard from Freewallet since that December 1st mention of a refund (see above).  Thinking that might be the new normal considering the ramp up in volume they're needing to deal with.  Can't imagine anyone there gets to go home early.  Still...  Thoughts?  Huh  Anyone hear from them since Dec 1st for service items?  Misery loves company  Cry  

Thanks
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:05:25 PM

Have you sent Freewallet a personal message here in forum as I've suggested before? He seems to be online everyday. Looks like they are so busy or have a slow support because I've seen so many complaints in their twitter page as well about not getting a response, refund issues, coins not being received, etc.
MarPetr (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:25:35 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 07:42:55 PM by MarPetr

Yes, I did reach out in a personal message but didn't hear back.  I assumed he's probably looking into the progress and waiting to come back with a material update.  I'm just hoping for something like "Your coins are expected to be refunded by Dec 22nd etc." or if not that precise something like "in roughly 2 weeks time. Thank you for your patience and patronage." etc.
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 10:49:36 AM

Yes, I did reach out in a personal message but didn't hear back.  I assumed he's probably looking into the progress and waiting to come back with a material update.  I'm just hoping for something like "Your coins are expected to be refunded by Dec 22nd etc." or if not that precise something like "in roughly 2 weeks time. Thank you for your patience and patronage." etc.

Mark, apologies for the delay! Christmas season brings not only presents, but the increased volume of operations with cryptos as well, so our support team is dealing with lots of requests at this time. However, your refund is already being processed; we expect it to be completed by the end of this week or early the coming week the latest. Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding!

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
MarPetr (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:00:05 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 02:11:46 PM by MarPetr

Amazing and Thank you! Smiley Infigured it was just because of those spike in volume.  I’ll be making more Freewallet exchanges soon then.  Thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: