Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 12:05:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which open source blockchain is the best for a base level ICO launch?  (Read 146 times)
tyleremco (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:47:48 PM

We are looking to launch our ICO soon, white paper and website are both under construction as we speak. We've been tossing a great idea for decentralization around for years, but didn't have the vessel to raise capital other than traditional methods.

The question is what would you guys recommend for a coin we could use that has PoW, PoS, smart contracts, completed secure wallet, energy efficient, and asic resistant. The coin will be used on the platform as currency when the system is fully functional, but in the meantime we want supporters to be able to use and hold their coins securely.

There are so many to choose from nowadays, and will need one that we can build upon to create inventory tracking, community needs, voting etc. It is getting increasingly difficult to choose and I'm curios what you guys think. Obviously we're looking to do this as quickly as possible due to the over-saturation of ICO's, we have immense amount of value we want to bring to the table and can't wait to announce!!

Cheers!
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:57:32 PM

There is no POW algo on a smart contract mate, but for usual Ico launching purposes, best to go with Etc, it has identical code as Eth. you could go with

Lsk but you should know that forging is centralized, the guy with most of the coins is also forging most of the new coins, Waves sold everything they had

In an Ico, other platforms with %100 Ico distribution are useless, only blockchain I know that lets you to mine and launch your token are Eth-Etc.
tyleremco (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:16:22 PM

TBH, I was trying to shy away from an ETH/ETC token, butt it may be the way we go for ease of implementation. However, I would prefer to have a stand alone coin based on another Blockchain like Monero or Zcash so we can be stand alone first and then build in our specific features as we progress.

Obviously it will take us time to generate what we're building as it's only a conceptualized from the industry we come from. Sorry if I seem cryptic, but I don't want to lead in any details until the white paper is released.

I appreciate your comment, if we end up using the ERC20 then so be it I guess..
rmilly

Activity: 312
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:54:16 PM

fwiw, I recommend looking into polymath. They are a turnkey platform to launch security token projects and also get them connected to KYC-verified investors on their platform. Their ico starts in january I believe.

https://polymath.network/
tyleremco (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:57:29 PM

rmilly, polymath looks very interesting and appears to fill a pretty decent need. I look forward to see their progression. CEO was an NHL draft too so that's pretty cool!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: