Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:10:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a tool to rescue your funds after you are dead?  (Read 451 times)
biofancy

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:34:11 PM

A good bank locker or even a private key that you can save and leave behind would be  great option to secure your funds. This helps in unecrypting your wallet.
clawaltitude

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:26:59 AM

I think this is the first time I encountered such idea and it seems that Bitcoin is also not offering that kind of option as of today,
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:54:25 PM

I think the best thing that you can do about this matter is to save all your account in papers and make it your last will and testament wherein when you die all account will be given to your relatives.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:05:12 PM

There isn't any tool. It's the first time I hear this and it's a good idea. Loss of bitcoins after death has always been a concern.  As a solution your private key ca be emailed a person we have defined before.

And how is your wallet going to know that you are dead? came on... My ledger wallet is not going to tell to my dad that he is going to have all my bitcoins + tokens because i am dead. Ledger can not speak for itself.

Do not be so dumb, there is no way to retrieve those funds once that we are dead (only if we gave the copy of the private key to someone before dying)

But no, Satoshi said that those bitcoins who are lost, or if the owner of the wallet is dead, those bitcoins are going to be in there forever unless they are spent.

They are just like a "contribution" to all the bitcoin holders, because no one is going to move them (sell)
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:13:29 PM

Hi Guys!

I am looking for a tool, lets call it "dead-man-switch".
Lets say I die, all my funds would be gone. 🤔
=> everyones dead persons wallet would be gone forever.

Is there a tool to store the private keys (or other credentials), which get released to predefined persons after you die?
You have to login to this tool once a week to signal you are alive.

If its a 3rd-party tool, then there would be a trust issue if they just store the keys in a database.

Have you heard about something like this?

This sounds like a good idea for an app or a website that you could create. If you feel like you see a need or demand for something, try to be the first to make it happen. I don’t see why this couldn’t be something useful to cryptocurrency investors.
DenkoViewly

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 11:12:52 PM

You don't need a tool. If you are holding a significant amount of Bitcoins, then you simply add it to your will that you want your funds transferred to a certain person or maybe a charity or some sort of organisation. Or to make things easier, you make copies of your paper wallets and leave them at your lawyer's office and tell him that is to be shared with your next to kin.
phips28 (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:25:19 PM

Does anyone use google inactive feature?
https://myaccount.google.com/inactive

🤖 Developer (Web, Bot, Server), looking for projects 🚀 Telegram: https://t.me/phips28
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: